Bryant's 2000 R6 - Page 9 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #81
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

Bike: 2000 Yamaha R6
Re: Bryant's 2000 R6

Thanks bud . Post up a bike build thread so we can see her!!!
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #82
Swedevil
I eat my R6

Bike: 99 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBudensiek View Post
ORdering up some Rettrofit projectors form BKmoto.com. Cant wait to get em in my headlights this winter. Im gunna have the rear halo be white and the front one be blue. Will look sick
you'll be very satisfied. I love mine. If you need help with the wiring, let me know because like I said, they are different then the wiring on the 06. I had to figure it out because for the 99-02 it's not really laid out

Swedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #83
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

Well i figured id post in here since i havent in a long time.....

I sold all my carbon fiber goodies to Swedevil here :P (great guy) and i was gunna buy all stock parts again since i dont have any of mine left but havent done that yet. I have all winter to decide if im going put all stock parts back on it or rake out all the money for mdi cabron stuff... Dont know yet. But i figured id put up in here what i plan on doing to it over winter.
First thing is get a set of projector's form BKmoto and retrofit them into my headlights cant wait for that!!!
Than i plan on getting the -1/+1 520 conversion Vortex brand form Chief!
I also plan on picking up a battery tray and undertail from a 01-02 r6 and swapping it onto my bike.
Than just other little thing like touch up the the few scratches and stuff.

Also i plan on jetting the carbs once i get her out in spring time.... I have been slacking and not doing that -_-
Id like to find some velocity stacks as well

Im just looking for other options of stuff to do to it also so anyone give me some ideas besides turn it into a track bike :P im not doing that lol.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #84
fog32
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 1999 Yamaha R6 Blue

Forgive my ignorance, but do you have any photos that show exactly where and which direction you installed the baffle? I recently received mine and just tried to install it. The "mid-pipe" inside diameter is larger than the baffle, so if I try to install it between the mid-pipe and the can, then there are several inches where the baffle slides back and forth when I rev the engine and hits the wall of the pipe. It is too large to install before the mid-pipe and their is no way to attack it to the back of the can. Does your baffle move around at all or did it fit nice and tight? Any help would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBudensiek View Post
The baffle just slips into the inlet cap on the can. Idk if your bike did what mine did but before i had the baffle if i gave it full throttle at low rpms in 1st or 2nd gear it would hesititate for liek 1-2 seconds than get up and go.... The baffle completly got rid of that problem and more. IT got rid of the hesitation and the sputtering and plus it feels like it it gets up and goes ALOT faster and harder in 1st and 2nd gear. IT was a very big noticable difference to me
fog32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #85
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

Here is a picture of the baffle i dont have any pictures of me installing it but i will break it down here for you bud.
the baffle itself slips into the can on the side teh springs are and also the side where the can slips on the mid pipe. The baffle doesnt touch or go in the mid pipe at all. Take the can off the bike and look inside the side where the springs are and it slips on the mid pipe and make sure there arent any burs or metal edges cathcing on the baffle so it doesnt slip in all the way. You put the baffle in with the 3 inch long piece with the holes in it facing outwards towards the back of the can where the exhaust escapes. just slip it in and than take a flat head screw driver and a hammer and tap along the edge of the baffle on the mid pipe side until it feels secure and doesnt move at all. If you need any more help bud lemme know
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #86
fog32
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 1999 Yamaha R6 Blue

Well that worked pretty sweet. Piece of cake once I realized I just had to hammer it in a little to get it to stay. Thanks. Went for a quick lap around the block and just like you said..... AMAZING. Best $15 I've ever spent. Felt like I just finished getting a complete engine tune. No backfire as I'm approaching stop signs and really smooth feel under throttle. It didn't quiet the exhaust down, but it did take the edge off at low speeds and is now should be really comfortable for around town. Still have to get out on the highway to know if I need earplugs. If anyone has a danmoto exhaust, don't think about getting this... just get it... now.

Thanks!
fog32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #87
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

EXACTLY!!! LOL and i could tell it quieted mine down but not very much at all. the only time i could tell its quieter was idle thats it and you dont need ear plugs its not that loud lol :P just wear a helmet!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #88
WI BO$$ R6
Two wheels (Optional)

Bike: 2001 R6

nice thread man! ive had my 01 for a couple seasons and also just joined the forum. Im loving the other 1st gens on here. yours is definately clean! got to love the yamaha blue... why would you get rid of the carbon fiber bits? they looked great
Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #89
BBudensiek
Go Fast or Go Home

i got rid of them to try to get some money to buy diff parts.... but i didnt like the way factory stuff looked compared to CF stuff... so i broke down and bought all new carbon fiber pieces . My bike is currently put away for the winter but i got a whole shelf full of goodies to put on her when she comes out in early spring i just cant wait!!!!! and thanks to the complimants boss! to be honest i think 1st gen r6's are the best ones out there of all the gens... im not to fond of any other gen besides 1st gen's
Old 12-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #90
bgballin26
I eat my R6

Bike: 1999 R6

I really like what you have done to your bike, looks amazing! I'm about to start working on mine again and make some major changes. I never did answer your question about the gearing, i don't know what you decided to do, but i love the gearing change i made, -1/+1 would be better for around town but on some of the corners i hit i have to take them in 3rd and 2nd gear would be more realistic, so i almost wish i would have stayed with the stock gearing as far as that goes. I got the 6k HIDS for my bike and everyone i ride with was complaining they were way to bright, so i unhooked 1 side and ride around like that. You should do the R1 turn signal mod, it's so easy and looks killer.
99 r6 ~ Factory Pro Jet kit with slight changes, OEM filter, TSR Frame Sliders, Dan-Moto Carbon Fiber GP exhaust, Renthal grips, JPR levers, pro tek bar ends, motion pro cables, Michelin Power 2ct tires, RK 520 conversion -1/stock rear, headlight signal conversion using 2003 r1 sockets, Luckybike.com flushmounts used as running lights, Puig double bubble windscreen
bgballin26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement