» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #91
daisbest
* * * Punisher * * *

Bike: 2005 raven R6
Re: NFL talk, how is your team doing?

Ahhhhhhh damn ponder is fcukin up our team.....but adrian peterson ran over 200 yards
* Shermoto shorty levers
* Scotts steering damper
* 06 shorty muffler conv.
* 520 chain conv. -1/+2
* Factory pro +4 rotor
* BMC race filter
* Dunlop Q2's
* Dynojet Pc3
* 12k h.i.d kit

daisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #92
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_R6Ryder View Post
Fcuking Akers!!! I know CK7 didn't play great, but how about that TD pass Delaine Walker dropped at the end of regulation? How many times were they flagged for holding on offense, and that intentional grounding for a safety was bullshit. I was so mad this game, it was a pathetic game by the 49ers.

They should be considering letting Akers go!!! He missed two field goals for the win against the damn Rams!!! Two times, WTF???
It shouldn't of came to that, the 49ers are a way better team, but I give props to the Rams, they wanted it more :/

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I pretty much agree. The penalties sure seemed pretty one sided, especially with all the post whistle activity going on. I can't dispute that pitch to Ginn though. He flubbed it, and that cost the game. We gave the Rams a free 7 points to beat us with. The safety wasnt the difference in the game, but it was pretty much where the game turned.

What Im taking out of it... Well, I still like Kaep. I like a guy that can turn a blown play into a 50 yard pickup. I like that he came out after that flubbed pitch and wanted to play the game and made something happen. And I think that moving forward, he has a better future than Smith, even if he costs us a couple of games or the Superbowl. Its not like Smith has gotten us there, and after this long, its hard to back Smith. I guess the difference is that with Alex Smith, I'm always waiting for him to fcuk up and with Kaep I'm waiting to see what he makes happen. Maybe its his newness, maybe its just a run of beginners luck, but either way, I like it, even if we didnt beat the Rams.

My biggest regret of that game was having to look at Bradford's stupid looking face and having to see Akers cost us a second game against a lesser division opponent. The trend he's on is far more distressing to me (at the moment) than Kaep's inexperienced mistakes.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #93
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Nfc south champs. rise up

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #94
m3lover1
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
FCUK DAVID AKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Kaepernik played decent other than that fumble that pretty much cost them the game, you know, since Akers couldn't find his way through the uprights with a map and a guide dog. Didnt help that the refs were giving the rams points they didnt deserve, including the ball. But in the end, If Im honest, the Niners didnt produce on offense. We didnt play like champions. But we are still out front and it was an expendable game to help get Kaep some reps. I wouldn't be surprised to see Smith back in next game, but then, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kaep either. He did play decent, and its not like there is any chance you'll ever see Smith run 50 yards. And Keap has a fcuking cannon for an arm, even if his windup is forever long. So did the Rams win? Technically. But it was less of a win than it was the better of two losses. I still feel good about my team, I just wish they would win consistently.
I'm more angry at Greg Roman (or Harbaugh) for making that call in the first place. They were up 8 points at that moment and didn't have to make that risky call...

Quote:
I pretty much agree. The penalties sure seemed pretty one sided, especially with all the post whistle activity going on. I can't dispute that pitch to Ginn though. He flubbed it, and that cost the game. We gave the Rams a free 7 points to beat us with. The safety wasnt the difference in the game, but it was pretty much where the game turned.

What Im taking out of it... Well, I still like Kaep. I like a guy that can turn a blown play into a 50 yard pickup. I like that he came out after that flubbed pitch and wanted to play the game and made something happen. And I think that moving forward, he has a better future than Smith, even if he costs us a couple of games or the Superbowl. Its not like Smith has gotten us there, and after this long, its hard to back Smith. I guess the difference is that with Alex Smith, I'm always waiting for him to fcuk up and with Kaep I'm waiting to see what he makes happen. Maybe its his newness, maybe its just a run of beginners luck, but either way, I like it, even if we didnt beat the Rams.

My biggest regret of that game was having to look at Bradford's stupid looking face and having to see Akers cost us a second game against a lesser division opponent. The trend he's on is far more distressing to me (at the moment) than Kaep's inexperienced mistakes.
I think if Harbaugh challenged that grounding penalty it would have gotten called back...apparently, according to Mike Pereira, the scrimmage line extends out of bounds if it's intentional grounding, and I think the ball passed that line out of bounds...

And at this point, it's pretty much SF needs to get to NFC championship in order to call this QB switch a success...hell for me I think they need to reach the superbowl to call it a success.

For the record I do like Kaepernick...a lot. Just not sure if the added distractions is worth it yet..

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #95
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3lover1 View Post
I'm more angry at Greg Roman (or Harbaugh) for making that call in the first place. They were up 8 points at that moment and didn't have to make that risky call...

I think if Harbaugh challenged that grounding penalty it would have gotten called back...apparently, according to Mike Pereira, the scrimmage line extends out of bounds if it's intentional grounding, and I think the ball passed that line out of bounds...

And at this point, it's pretty much SF needs to get to NFC championship in order to call this QB switch a success...hell for me I think they need to reach the superbowl to call it a success.

For the record I do like Kaepernick...a lot. Just not sure if the added distractions is worth it yet..
Harbaugh plays with emotion and he rolls the dice, its just how he is. He likes the trick play, he likes the potential for big plays. I can't fault him on that because so far, he has done pretty good things with the team.

And I dont know if thats something that they could have challenged, but even still, it wasnt the difference in the game. Do I think it was right? No. Do I think the Niners got boned there? Yes.

As for the QB controversy, well, I agree now isnt the best time, but then, maybe it is. The rest of the team is pretty awesome, arguably the reason the Niners have stayed in some of these games. Maybe Harbaugh and the Niners et al think that since they have the fans backing the team again after the turn around, the fans will endure the potential for a season that doesnt end in the big game if they think that they are getting important experience for a decent new qb, possibly the future qb of the team. Alex Smith is getting older, hes been hurt, and the fans are ready to throw him under the bus. You dont get a sense of things being positive when the game is in his hands, usually the opposite.

To be honest, we need to get to the bottom of this, and if now is the time, now is the time. I trust Harbaugh enough to give him some latitude. There is no question he is in it for the Niners, and I'd like to see him become the next franchise coach like Bill Walsh was. If he says we go with Kaep, I gotta believe he has his reasons, especially given how much he's stood up for Alex Smith in the past. If you think about it, he went with Smith this year, over Kaep, and even flirted with Manning. You dont talk to Manning unless you are semi serious, especially if you have Alex Smith who knows he's just a few bad games away from being traded. And maybe he is trying to put a sense of urgency into Smith. Say we pull Kaep after the next game if he does horrible, the go back to Smith. Its pretty much a done deal that Smith is leaving SF at the end of the season unless he wins a superbowl. Smith is going to want to play well to showcase his talent in hopes of the biggest offer he can get, and the Niners want to win. He loses, he's gone. He's probably gone either way, really. Which might leave some room for another acquisition when the parity between his salary and Kaep's frees up.

So yeah, GO NINERS!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #96
m3lover1
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:
Harbaugh plays with emotion and he rolls the dice, its just how he is. He likes the trick play, he likes the potential for big plays. I can't fault him on that because so far, he has done pretty good things with the team.

And I dont know if thats something that they could have challenged, but even still, it wasnt the difference in the game. Do I think it was right? No. Do I think the Niners got boned there? Yes.

As for the QB controversy, well, I agree now isnt the best time, but then, maybe it is. The rest of the team is pretty awesome, arguably the reason the Niners have stayed in some of these games. Maybe Harbaugh and the Niners et al think that since they have the fans backing the team again after the turn around, the fans will endure the potential for a season that doesnt end in the big game if they think that they are getting important experience for a decent new qb, possibly the future qb of the team. Alex Smith is getting older, hes been hurt, and the fans are ready to throw him under the bus. You dont get a sense of things being positive when the game is in his hands, usually the opposite.

To be honest, we need to get to the bottom of this, and if now is the time, now is the time. I trust Harbaugh enough to give him some latitude. There is no question he is in it for the Niners, and I'd like to see him become the next franchise coach like Bill Walsh was. If he says we go with Kaep, I gotta believe he has his reasons, especially given how much he's stood up for Alex Smith in the past. If you think about it, he went with Smith this year, over Kaep, and even flirted with Manning. You dont talk to Manning unless you are semi serious, especially if you have Alex Smith who knows he's just a few bad games away from being traded. And maybe he is trying to put a sense of urgency into Smith. Say we pull Kaep after the next game if he does horrible, the go back to Smith. Its pretty much a done deal that Smith is leaving SF at the end of the season unless he wins a superbowl. Smith is going to want to play well to showcase his talent in hopes of the biggest offer he can get, and the Niners want to win. He loses, he's gone. He's probably gone either way, really. Which might leave some room for another acquisition when the parity between his salary and Kaep's frees up.

So yeah, GO NINERS!!!!
I'm with you in trusting Harbaugh and believing in what he is doing and that he's in it for the Niners. I just have this tiny notion that one of the major reason he's making the switch now is to prove that he is right in choosing Kaepernick, Kaep being his guy, even though he stood up for Smith when he got here. Maybe a part of me just feels sorta kinda bad for Smith, who honestly played pretty darn well past year and a half, and was pretty good in his last 3 games before he got injured three weeks ago.

Also I think now that he did make the switch to Kaep, he should just stick with Kaep, even if he does do mediocre the next game. Kaep gives the Niners a certain edge or "swag" that they didn't have with Smith. I think it's really hard to go back to Smith after seeing the possibilities with his arm and legs, even however efficient and accurate Smith might be. And who knows how much confidence Smith lost since he got benched?

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #97
EJ_R6Ryder
Metal Millitia

Bike: 2010 R6 Raven
Quote:

So yeah, GO NINERS!!!!
I've seen the Niners play with a bunch of crappy QB's since Young retired. CK7 looks a hell lot better than all them. I trust Harbaugh chose the right QB with CK7 over Smith, who has been serviceable. Let's be honest, no team in the NFL fears the passing attack when Smith is QB. Teams will put eight men in the box, stop the run, and squat on the short throws and dare the Niners to have Smith beat them. Smith has done it once or twice, but it's been the exception not the normality.
Miami is next, and all I know is that the Niners better show up. Miami should be a W, but if they sleepwalk during the game we can expect a bad game like yesterday's.
New England is next after Miami, I'd like to see the Niners pound little biotch Tom Brady. Seattle is only one game behind the Niners!!! Losing is unacceptable if they want to win the division.

Last edited by EJ_R6Ryder; 12-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
EJ_R6Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #98
EJ_R6Ryder
Metal Millitia

Bike: 2010 R6 Raven
Good Monday night game, I don't like the Giants

Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #99
My94GT
Premium Member

last nights game deff had me on the edge of my seat. now hopefully the Skins can get the W over the ravens.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #100
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Fcuk the Giants and the lesser Manning brother who may or may not have Downs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement