Good in lb torque wrench? - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Garage / Mechanical Help

Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
My94GT
Premium Member

Re: Good in lb torque wrench?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineyney View Post
I hate you luck bastard.

I was in a jam and needed one quick so I got the craftsman. If I would have had the time & funds I would have gotten that^^^

Sent from my DROID4
i pretty much had the snap on guy look at my bike and put in an order for what ever i would need to work on it. it wasnt cheap but now im good to go.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
i pretty much had the snap on guy look at my bike and put in an order for what ever i would need to work on it. it wasnt cheap but now im good to go.
what's some other tools he suggested for you?

Usually I can just use my friends snap on stuff. he is a master tech and has 3 of those snap on torque wrenches flex head, fixed head, and 1/2 drive. None of them do in lbs tho.

So it looks like i'm gonna have to go with snap on or matco. If I wait long enough I can get snap on 1/2 price.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
Rocky5000100
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 Track SV650, 05 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post

Usually I can just use my friends snap on stuff. he is a master tech and has 3 of those snap on torque wrenches flex head, fixed head, and 1/2 drive.
My torque wrench is 1/2" drive but I just bought a $3 adapter to 3/8ths from Menards.

But it's always a good idea to have your own torque wrench for these bikes, obviously you know that though
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #14
MorrowDeath
I eat my R6

Bike: OH FOUR R599

Only way to go , only downside for the 3/8 drive it only goes up to 100 ft/lb.

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrowDeath View Post

Do you really want to be driving more than 100 ft./lb. with a 3/8" drive??? Think about it...

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
bryan j
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrowDeath View Post

That's perfect. that's the one that buzzes and beeps right? If you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back?

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
MorrowDeath
I eat my R6

Bike: OH FOUR R599

I got this one for $150 used off my Snap-on guy. If you got access to a snap-on truck just hit them up about the used ben they have in the truck, you'll find some great stuff in awesome condition for half the price

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
bryan j
pin it to win it

Cool. Ill ask next time I see him.

Body:

Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
My94GT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
what's some other tools he suggested for you?

Usually I can just use my friends snap on stuff. he is a master tech and has 3 of those snap on torque wrenches flex head, fixed head, and 1/2 drive. None of them do in lbs tho.

So it looks like i'm gonna have to go with snap on or matco. If I wait long enough I can get snap on 1/2 price.
pretty much just some basic hand tools to remove the plastics and sockets to fit the axle nuts. i want to say i paid over 300 for the torque wrench alone.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
bryan j
pin it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
pretty much just some basic hand tools to remove the plastics and sockets to fit the axle nuts. i want to say i paid over 300 for the torque wrench alone.
I have everything but some of the specialty tools. I believe it, the snap on I was looking at last night was 283 I think.

Body:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement