First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash - Page 19 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Product Reviews

Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #181
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: First impressions: BAUCE Racing ECU flash

Omg its on the truck for delivery. I'm waiting by the mail box like a kid

Build Thread
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=1#post2895049
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #182
My94GT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

I'm like, Eric's probably out pimpin, I'll text him now. LOL
on the weekends you usually catch me hammered to the point i cant even respond correctly last night my girl was like whos blowing up your phone, i was like hush its bike related let it happen

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #183
Mr. Azim
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
This baller!! ^^^^ Just received an ohlins box today. I'm like, did my valve/piston kit come in already?????

ECU sent in packaging FTW!
LOL the Ohlins damper box was smaller/lighter than the excessive Canada Post box I was going to use :P

Huge thumbs up and mine isn't even finished yet.... Anthony has been in contact since he started working on it by e-mail, fixed and invoice mixup and keeping records of everything on my bike.... and still keeping his service commitment to me and other customers even though my riding season is done for another 4-5 months.
SOAR Novice #84
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2013 Sponsors/Supporters
Trackside Cuts Custom Leather & Vinyl
MikeyMoto Racing Lightweight Brake Rotors, Levers & Guards
Racer5 & Speedworx Racer Training & Motorcycle Accessories/Parts/Repairs
Bluestreak Racing Motorcycle Parts & Accessories
Vortex Racing Motorcycle Parts & Accessories
Mr. Azim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #184
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

Just got home. Found my ECU which was shipped Friday from the east coast sitting at my door. Took it out for a quick cruise around the block. . .

Which quickly turned into a drive around the city.

I should have about 1000 miles of ride time with the flash by Saturday, and ill do a full review this weekend.

Until then, all I have to say is

Bike has gone full retard.

WOT is

With a side of

And after the ride I was like

If you havent done this, your wrong.

Build Thread

Last edited by Darthteddy; 12-03-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #185
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthteddy View Post
Just got home. Found my ECU which was shipped Friday from the east coast sitting at my door. Took it out for a quick cruise around the block. . .

I should have about 1000 miles of ride time with the flash by Saturday, and ill do a full review this weekend.

WOT is

With a side of

Nailed it^.

Take that bitch out on the track and REALLY feel what it can do... It's a whole new machine after that flash.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #186
Darthteddy
Box of Lube

I got a used one piece leather suit on saturday. (Also got to wear that for the first time tonight. Makes me feel like speed racer. lmao)

I need to get my suspension set up properly, get a spare set of rims for some Non Commuter tires, and a little more sporty seat time instead of the 1500 miles of straight freeway a week im doing and im gonna start getting on the track. Hopefully in the spring.

Build Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #187
QR6
PHX-602

ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #188
RSICKS ATL
Get you some!

Bike: 08 R6
Mine should be getting to Ant today and should arrive back to me by this weekend so I can enjoy this 70 ATL weather! :-O In addition to the ECU, I'll be receiving a BMC Street filter and some new plugs. STOKED! Anthony is "that nigga!" The flash should speak for itself. Anticipating this box being on my doorstep too much!

Sent while riding my R6. o_O
2008 R6 Raven - Mods - Bauce Racing ECU Flash : Gutted header : MJS Mid-pipe : Carbon Scorpion Powercone slip-on : -1 Front Sprocket : AGG Smog Block Offs : BMC Street Filter : TechSpec Snakeskin tank grips : MotoDynamic Smoked Integrated tail light : Smoked LED flush mounts : LP Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders : Swingarm Spools : Renthal Road Race Dual Compounds : Graves Billet Bar-ends : 07 Black wheels : Powder-coated rearsets : Smoked windscreen : 3000k Hi/8000k Low HIDs : Fender Eliminator with LED tag bolts : AGG Rear Reservoir Delete : AGG Angled Valve Stems : Battlax S20s

RSICKS ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #189
gonzotheman
I eat my R6

Bike: 1981 CX500C 2012 Blue R6
All this talk of the ECU flash makes me sad owning a 2012. In the next week or so I'll be sending it back to Anthony to see if these flash tune updates have done anything to flash the 2012's.

Anthony, if it doesn't work now you can hold onto it for a month or 2 for testing periodically and what not. Snow will be falling soon anyway...

I would like to say f it and get an ECU off ebay but as of right now i need to save my $ for a new helmet... which will more then likely be a Nexx from Bauce Racing
gonzotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #190
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyseR6 View Post
So my full exhuast came in from Bauce yesterday and I felt felt like a liittle kid on Christmas morning putting it on today. I opened the garage door to take her for a spin and it's raining. I check the temp and it's only 39 degress. So I gear up the best I can and figure I'll just take her around the block to hear how it sounds.

Long story short, it sounds so damn good I ended riding around for over an hour. When I get home my wife is PISSED. She said if I catch the flu she's coming down to Jersey to kick your ass, but she's a tiny little 5 foot thing so I wouldn't worry too much. lol.

So, since she's already upset, what should I get next, hmmm?
Send her my apology bro!!! I do the same shit and it's supposed to be a 15 minute ride, then the bike and I feel good, and I've ridden through 3 states and an hour later, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post

Well, first, you worked to get me the unit even after the shipping error from your supplier; that in itself was worth the price of admission, at least to me. I highly value the personal touch and attention to detail (such as, asking for my specific td date so you could get it to me in time), so the customer service aspect/purchase experience was top notch, but I think everyone here has figured this out....:

As for the damper itself:
I really like it for a rotary style (can't compare it to a linear unit); very easy install and stupid simple adjustments. Also, for someone that is concerned with getting under the tank often (as I am) this is a quality option. I swap front tank covers for track days in order to install my ETI tank sliders w/o having to compromise my clean covers that when the bike is on street duty..Yes, for the sake of vanity... I do live in LA after all...

I must admit, that I've only had 1 track day with the unit and minimal street hours, so a more in depth review may be in order. With that said, I could probably give some of my thoughts.

I've been told a few times that I should not really feel a damper until the moment I need it so I initially decided to set the unit to have a low input because I didn't want to work harder to push my bars. Since I have a decent baseline setting, I also didn't want to feel something different on the bike, when say, gunning it out of a turn or running up on a high speed bank (when the front tends to get lighter) but I did feel a difference - a better one. After the install, I quick went out for a quick romp and running over cracks when on the gas I didn't notice the quick twitch I'd normally get when settling back down, if I did, it was less pronounced.

On the track (and I'm not that fast yet), it gave me a bit more confidence to hit it out of a turn and not worry soo much about the front getting light and wiggling around when settling down (if that makes sense). I've never really had issues with slappers but I've had slight wiggles before and those are still no fun at all and I figure it's a relatively cheap insurance policy.

I have to admit though, I wasn't really a huge believer in dampers until later that track weekend when a fellow member almost had a high-side (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuAYc...feature=g-user) but saved it, also using this very damper. When I asked him if he felt that the damper help at all, he simply replied "absolutely!"....I was sold, after being sold...
I'm glad you like the GPR bro!! I was happy with it after riding my bike with one for a bit after we swapped it off the B bike. It was pretty mega! AND they have a super sale right now on em as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchato View Post
Thanks Jose!!!

Quote:
Omg its on the truck for delivery. I'm waiting by the mail box like a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
on the weekends you usually catch me hammered to the point i cant even respond correctly last night my girl was like whos blowing up your phone, i was like hush its bike related let it happen
: She's gotta get used to it FAST bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Azim View Post
LOL the Ohlins damper box was smaller/lighter than the excessive Canada Post box I was going to use :P

Huge thumbs up and mine isn't even finished yet.... Anthony has been in contact since he started working on it by e-mail, fixed and invoice mixup and keeping records of everything on my bike.... and still keeping his service commitment to me and other customers even though my riding season is done for another 4-5 months.
Thanks Azim!!

Quote:

WOT is

With a side of

: : :

This is the shit that keeps me going guys ^^ SERIOUSLY!!! I've got about 75 hours of research into this all, and about $200 worth of different gasses, etc. That's what makes my flash the :

Quote:
I got a used one piece leather suit on saturday. (Also got to wear that for the first time tonight. Makes me feel like speed racer. lmao)

I need to get my suspension set up properly, get a spare set of rims for some Non Commuter tires, and a little more sporty seat time instead of the 1500 miles of straight freeway a week im doing and im gonna start getting on the track. Hopefully in the spring.
OMG bro, 1000 miles in a week is beyond crayyyy! Definitely cop some spare wheels and hit them twisties up BRO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSICKS ATL View Post
Mine should be getting to Ant today and should arrive back to me by this weekend so I can enjoy this 70 ATL weather! :-O In addition to the ECU, I'll be receiving a BMC Street filter and some new plugs. STOKED! Anthony is "that nigga!" The flash should speak for itself. Anticipating this box being on my doorstep too much!

Sent while riding my R6. o_O
:

Thanks bro!!! I'll keep my eye on it for you. I lost a day last night to sleeping from the time I walked into my house till this morning. I even put a post-it on the wall over the couch to be woken up if possible at 10:25 PM. My GF said I was BEYOND belligerent when she tried multiple times to wake me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzotheman View Post
All this talk of the ECU flash makes me sad owning a 2012. In the next week or so I'll be sending it back to Anthony to see if these flash tune updates have done anything to flash the 2012's.

Anthony, if it doesn't work now you can hold onto it for a month or 2 for testing periodically and what not. Snow will be falling soon anyway...

I would like to say f it and get an ECU off ebay but as of right now i need to save my $ for a new helmet... which will more then likely be a Nexx from Bauce Racing
We have an actual sale coming up on the NEXX's within a week bro.

And no worries bro. I'll try and find a deal on one. I got a guy not too far from me I got a tank from for a STEAL bro. Sergio is his name, we've done a forum ride together. HELLA nice dude and broke me off a mega deal on yet another gas tank for the 08. MUST STOP CRASHING BIKE!!!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 12-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement