MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
tdoss1980
nova r6

Bike: 05 r6 raven
Re: My friend needs a new arm

That totally sucks man, sorry to hear. Let me get thru the holidays and get tax return sorted and Ill be more than happy to donate some cash just totally broke at the moment.
2005 R6, Motodynamic Sequential Signals, Flush Smoke Front Turns, 6k Hid, Devil Racer Carbon Highmount Ceramic Coated Black, Ohlins Steering Dampener, Motovation No Cut Frame Sliders and Bar End Sliders, ASV Levers, Vortex Black Rearsets, K&N Air Filter, Factory Pro +4 Ignition Advancer, Superflare Vstacks, Graves Slide Stops, Graves Smog Block Offs, -1 520 Conversion with Driven Sprockets and DID Chain, Goodridge Shadow Brake Lines, Brembo CNC Calipers with Vesrah RJL Pads, Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder, Zero Gravity Windscreen, Stompgrip Tank Pads, Gilles Chain adjusters with race lifters, NRC Powdercoated Racing Covers, HINSON SLIPPER CLUTCH, Vented Brakes Cooling System, Racetech Internals Front and Rear with Michelin Power Super Sports holding it to the road
tdoss1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
it is holiday season after all, on top of that, it is hell lot easier to spend money on ourselves than hang it to a total stranger. you gotta understand that.
Yeah man you raise a good point. Im guilty of bypassing many, many other donation threads myself. Cant say im a hero when it comes to donating online, but I guess my perspective just changed a lot right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrowDeath View Post
donation sent,
I received the donation, Adam, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoss1980 View Post
That totally sucks man, sorry to hear. Let me get thru the holidays and get tax return sorted and Ill be more than happy to donate some cash just totally broke at the moment.
I completely understand. It's an awful time right now to be sticking my hand out asking for cash. It's holidays, people have presents to buy and places to be. Nothing is free. I appreciate the consideration and truly hope you are able to help next year. Thanks for the reply.

In an update here is a photo of Chris with his wife. Still waiting for th 2nd surgery, he was put on the waiting list for the arm to get stitched up.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #14
BaoPee
Prof AZN Lowballer

Bike: R6 (Track)

I know that not a lot of people can donate large amount of money, but every dollar counts, even just donate a dollar, that is a dollar closer from getting Chris the arm that he direly needs.
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #15
diazannetto
My R6 eats me.

I promise I will donate what I can as soon as I get home from boot camp.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Best of luck to your buddy! He looks like he's in great spirits!

That's pretty brutal, but he's lucky to only have lost an arm...

I couldn't imagine myself, but I was there for a buddy who lost his leg's on one of our deployments, along with his junk. I was blown away at how greatful he was to still be alive. Having lost BOTH legs, and his penis... I was truly humbled by him. I still am to this day. Tell your buddy to keep his head up!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #17
saleenbiker
My R6 eats Ninjas.

Bike: '07 R6, '07 Ninja 250

Sorry to hear about this man. This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone let alone right before the holidays. I sent some money, I know it's not a bunch but I'm a little strapped for cash right now. Hope it helps. wish your friend a speedy recovery.
saleenbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:56 AM   #18
radiostar
make it a double

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazannetto View Post
I promise I will donate what I can as soon as I get home from boot camp.
Much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Best of luck to your buddy! He looks like he's in great spirits!

That's pretty brutal, but he's lucky to only have lost an arm...

I couldn't imagine myself, but I was there for a buddy who lost his leg's on one of our deployments, along with his junk. I was blown away at how greatful he was to still be alive. Having lost BOTH legs, and his penis... I was truly humbled by him. I still am to this day. Tell your buddy to keep his head up!

There are definitely worse off people out there, no lie. I couldnt imagine losing even a finger, let alone a whole limb, or especially my genitals. Chris has been smiling, laughing, and even poking fun at himself (calling himself the One Armed Bandit, and telling about how he's going to try and get a terminator arm put on once he's out...). So he is at least able to see past the serious and make light of the situation. My worry is what he actually feels in the middle of the night, when no ones watching, and his mind begins to realize everything thats going to change. I hope he still remains positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenbiker View Post
Sorry to hear about this man. This is a terrible thing to happen to anyone let alone right before the holidays. I sent some money, I know it's not a bunch but I'm a little strapped for cash right now. Hope it helps. wish your friend a speedy recovery.
Thats another good point. Christmas is quickly approaching, and this will be his first one with his wife. I bet it will be a difficult one. Thanks for your donation and trust me you have given WAY more than you think.

I want to say thank you to everyone thus far. I was expected a lot less money from each person, but everyone has suprised me with the size of their donations. My goal is to reach $1000 from this forum, and then I will match that myself.

Keep it up guys, every time I see a new email from PayPal telling me someone has donated it makes my day better and better.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
radiostar
make it a double

Added another update. 2nd surgery is over and he's due to be home in a few days.

I submitted my case to theChive and hope they will respond. That site always blows me away with their good works.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

Bump

Unfortunate. At least he is able to have a smile on his face.

Will try to help any way I can ASAP.

Have you thought of trying to spread any kind of thing on facebook? Things usually spread pretty well there, I think we all know that. There are ways to hide ''events'' from people on there. Problem is the people who like to talk, and it could get back.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement