Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section

Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice
Re: New Track guy in PHX

Sweet ride... welcome to the family!

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #32
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
Lol you and I are in the same boat then. I actually started faster then I am now but a couple crashes due to suspension issues and Ive lost my nerve.

Ive read that the grids for the 250s are like 20+ bikes so you'd always have someone to race with.
Yeah, there's a dude on here, Shawn3210 or something(always forget the numbers at the end of his name) who started racing his R6 at Chuck, then switched over to a 250. He's gonna go back to the R6 this season, but said he learned a huge amount by riding the little Ninjette - at that it's actually more fun because the grid is so much bigger.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Bike: 2007 R6-Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Nice, what type/brand fairings are those... As you can tell, I'm a bit partial to orange. Course those are coming off an 08, or what year was his bike? Pretty sure I could make those work for the 06, I believe all I'd need to do was get an 08+ stay and I'd be good. I was talking to Brian about the paint job last time I was out there at Arroyo and he was telling me his brother painted them. Looked like a real clean job. If you're serious about getting rid of them shoot me a PM with a price... I may be interested in them as a back-up set... Seeing as how I doubt I'm done crashing yet...

Course these Armour Bodies held up REALLY well in my highside, but a spare set would be sweet, for the right price... Like I said, shoot me a PM and we'll see what happens!

Also, I was hoping I could get some guys from Arroyo interested in heading out to INDE at some point next year. We should all try and make some plans to head out at some point! I've got everything for a nice set-up in the pits! Just don't have a trailer yet...

I'm already siked about next season! I'm ready to get back out there ASAP! Just scored a new suit, going to upgrade my boots and gloves too! I'm already getting ready! Bike is set other then a couple upgrades I plan to make here VERY soon. With the BAUCE Racing flash I found my stock throttle is shit, trying to get to WOT I've got to roll my hand up to get the throttle maxed out, so a Motion Pro Revolver is in the works, as well as Vortex rearsets. I just sold my Woodcrafts because I need something adjustable...

Anywho, looking forward to seeing you out there!

Def post some pics and all of the build with Brian's bike! A ton of guys, myself included have build threads... We love a good build thread 'round these parts!

PM on its way.

LMAO Yeah I saw you got new gear but wasnt all your stuff new?

I thought about starting a build thread but honestly IDK what else this bike might need lol. I've gotten to know the Triumphs pretty well but this Yamaha will be a learning experience-I will be very lost for a while.

I'm excited for this season too for sure! Having some new toys to try out should be fun. Last season was a little rough so I'm excited for a fresh start. Are you going out for the TD at Arroyo in January?

What I will need is advice about how to ride this thing, the 675 has a much flatter power band with a lot of grunt. It will take time to get used to keeping the RPMs so high

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
tuscani451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
m3lover1
Sherman Connoisseur

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #35
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
PM on its way.

LMAO Yeah I saw you got new gear but wasnt all your stuff new?

I thought about starting a build thread but honestly IDK what else this bike might need lol. I've gotten to know the Triumphs pretty well but this Yamaha will be a learning experience-I will be very lost for a while.

I'm excited for this season too for sure! Having some new toys to try out should be fun. Last season was a little rough so I'm excited for a fresh start. Are you going out for the TD at Arroyo in January?

What I will need is advice about how to ride this thing, the 675 has a much flatter power band with a lot of grunt. It will take time to get used to keeping the RPMs so high
Yeah that suit I sold was worn 3 times... Sold if for $350, spent $550 on a brand new suit that was a step or two above that plain jane starter suit. It did it's job though! This new suit I won't need to replace for a good long while, so I jumped on it.

As for the R6, I will say at Arroyo(from my short time riding there) it tends to be a little fidgity in lower RPM's, but I got my ECU flashed by BAUCE Racing and it smoothed it out a ton. Running -1/+2 and the new flashed ECU it was much easier for me. Keeping the RPM's at 8k or better is where it was at. Most of the track I was in 2nd, except down the straights really. There are a couple turns I tried 1st, worked alright as well, but preferred second for the drive out... You'll have fun learning the new machine. I don't know what all Brian had done to his 6, but I would def recommend the ECU flash from chiefsmokedawg at BAUCE Racing. It made my bike a whole new machine. MUCH happier with the powerband and all, he cuts down engine breaking, and boosts the idle a bit too because of the low oil pressure at low RPM's. You could take mine for a rip if you were interested in checking it out.

Also, if you've ever got any questions about the bike. Feel free to hit me up. I'll PM you my number. I've had mine torn down soooo many times. I'll be doing the bearings here soon, new plugs, and all that jazz again here soon. Anytime you've got any questions just let me know!

I honestly didn't know there was trackdays in January. I'll have to see. I may be out of town. It'd be a bit chilly out there... I wouldn't even ride till the afternoon... haha It was cold that last race weekend when I was out there...

Lookin forward to seeing your 6 out there!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

One additional thing I meant to add is that you'll definitely want to get a set of ETI tank sliders. A couple of our vendors here on the forum carry them... Like Justin @ Agg Racing. They are orth the money, especially if you do wreck. The 06-07 R6's are known to catch fire if the tank is punctured in a wreck. I've got a set on mine. They worked great! Made out of Kevlar to keep your tank safe, and in one piece. I'd hate to see your new ride go up in smoke. I just noticed in the picture he doesn't have them...

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #37
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
One additional thing I meant to add is that you'll definitely want to get a set of ETI tank sliders. A couple of our vendors here on the forum carry them... Like Justin @ Agg Racing. They are orth the money, especially if you do wreck. The 06-07 R6's are known to catch fire if the tank is punctured in a wreck. I've got a set on mine. They worked great! Made out of Kevlar to keep your tank safe, and in one piece. I'd hate to see your new ride go up in smoke. I just noticed in the picture he doesn't have them...

Yeah I had heard that about them catching fire-freaking crazy!! I will be picking up a set ASAP, thanks for the heads up. We will have to crack a beer at Arroyo and you can learn me on all the finer points of R6 ownership

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Yeah, there's a dude on here, Shawn3210 or something(always forget the numbers at the end of his name) who started racing his R6 at Chuck, then switched over to a 250. He's gonna go back to the R6 this season, but said he learned a huge amount by riding the little Ninjette - at that it's actually more fun because the grid is so much bigger.
Yeah, I just worry b/c I'm painfully slow on a 600 there so I cant imagine what me on a 250 would look like. It's hard b/c Arroyo and CVR are like night/day different so everything from supension set up to rider skills is different. ASR puts MUCH more emphasis on hard brakeing and driving off corners. CVR seem to be much more about keeping corner speed high.

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #39
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

Welcome

Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
sporty6er
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2003 yamaha R6
Welcome! I was raised in Mesa but stationed over in Cali. Working on getting stationed back at Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
sporty6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement