Laguna Seca December 1st & 2nd Track Masters track day - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Track Tech & Riding Techniques

Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
Doc-Ram
I ride with Passion

Bike: 08 R6, '10 RSV4R
Re: Laguna Seca December 1st & 2nd Track Masters track day

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-7ames View Post
Ok, time for an update. Only about 10 bikes showed up to ride, so all three ability groups were put into one 25 minute session. Saturday rained in the morning but the sun came out and dried up the track for the last three sessions. It was awesome with so few bikes, and I felt like a total boss out there.

Sunday was some of the worse weather I have seen out here. It rained harder than I have ever seen it rain in Monterey non-stop until about 2. After that is was slow rain but steady until the last session. I did end up buying a set of rain tires from CT Racing. Chris really hooked us up out there and made us all safe in the rain. These Pirelli rain tires have such amazing grip. If I had more confidence in myself I could have ran a lot faster, but I was totally happy tearing it up out there in the rain. I never lost grip and was even pulling wheelies out of turn 11 and felt totally stable crossing the rivers on the front straight and Rainey curve.

I don't have any pictures or video. I chose not to bring my camera because I didn't want to do something stupid while trying to look cool. Maybe next time i am on the track in the rain I'll shoot some video.

Next on my wish list is an extra set of wheels so I don't have to go back and forth between tires anymore.
Sounds like a blast. I would love to do a TD in the rain so I can learn to be smooth.

I know someone with an extra set of wheels FS

(see my sig, lol)
Doc-Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #22
rx-7ames
I eat my R6

Bike: '07 R6 '08 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Ram View Post
Sounds like a blast. I would love to do a TD in the rain so I can learn to be smooth.

I know someone with an extra set of wheels FS

(see my sig, lol)
Yep, I've been looking at your wheels ever since the Yamaha appreciation track day. I was wishing I could offer you some money and have you bring them to Laguna Seca but I didn't have the funding then and I don't really have the funding now.

Next on my to do list is buying a paint gun and paint so I can make my new track plastics pretty. Then I will be buying wheels, so maybe I can do it in January. If you still have them then I will be sending you a PM. I know you are offering a fair price and I'm sure we could work something out.
rx-7ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #23
Doc-Ram
I ride with Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-7ames View Post
Yep, I've been looking at your wheels ever since the Yamaha appreciation track day. I was wishing I could offer you some money and have you bring them to Laguna Seca but I didn't have the funding then and I don't really have the funding now.

Next on my to do list is buying a paint gun and paint so I can make my new track plastics pretty. Then I will be buying wheels, so maybe I can do it in January. If you still have them then I will be sending you a PM. I know you are offering a fair price and I'm sure we could work something out.
no problems man. I'll hang onto them till I get a fair price

Too bad you didnt get any videos, rain TD @ Laguna is my next big dream (first was to ride at any motoGP track).
Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
lopez95632
candy red

Bike: 07 r6s
Send a message via MSN to lopez95632

I have a couple pics of our Yamaha appreciation day. I'll post in a sec. I have unfortunately ZERO video if me out there. None of the rascals I was with could keep up lol jk.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #25
Doc-Ram
I ride with Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez95632 View Post
I have a couple pics of our Yamaha appreciation day. I'll post in a sec. I have unfortunately ZERO video if me out there. None of the rascals I was with could keep up lol jk.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #26
lopez95632
candy red

Bike: 07 r6s
Send a message via MSN to lopez95632

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showt...=166977&page=3

Here are pics. Man, I really need to work on my braking. I brake (or atleast lay off the throttle) way before the braking points. Also need to stop engine braking and start using my brakes. Hopefully I get some new lines and pads over winter.
Advertisement