My NotSoSuper6 Build - Page 12 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #111
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Re: My NotSoSuper6 Build

Good on you for getting off the track when you weren't feeling well. No need to push it out there and end up wrecked and hurt... Tank fairing made me too... Idk how many of those fcukin things I've bought, until I started velcroing those fcukers on!
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #112
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Nice! I need rearsets! Good shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #113
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post

You actually took a picture of your barf, and posted it... Ya fcukin nut...

Awesome otherwise brutha! That track just sounds like a fcukin blast! I think that'll be the track I plan my trip out around.

As for the sig, no rush man. I don't remember where you sent that PDF. PM me a good e-mail for you and I'll e-mail you a couple pics with an idea and we'll go from there. No rush at all. I want to use the current sig I've got now basically because it's a memorial sig for my bud Ricky, but add a track pic and my name basically. Shoot me a PM and I'll send some pics and you can just see what you can do. I suck at it... BIG time...

It was part of my track day experience. I had to include it. Thought someone may get a laugh or two out of it

Sending PM now

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
Good on you for getting off the track when you weren't feeling well. No need to push it out there and end up wrecked and hurt... Tank fairing made me too... Idk how many of those fcukin things I've bought, until I started velcroing those fcukers on!
Yeah on one turn i got really light headed, and was like F that, it's the last session, not worth the wreck. I found the fairing! The crash truck picked it up on one of the crashes. Looks salvageable just need to plastifix the tab.

Its right here creeping up on the inside of the curb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester3 View Post
Nice! I need rearsets! Good shit.
They are the shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #114
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

DAYUM!!!! only 2 TD's in and you're lookin like a pro!!! Keep your BP like that and you won't touch a knee till you're REALLY hauling ass. No suggestions for you other than more seat time and point the outside toe down to lock the outside leg into the tank as much as possible.

Way to go bro!!!! :yea

See how cocked your wrist is on the right handers and the left handers feel easier? That's the problem with stock clip ons. You remove headlights, go aftermarket on clipons, and you can push them forward to lessen that angle on your wrist which keeps you from getting off the bike. Your BP is SO good on the lefts. The only explanation I can find is you may feel uncomfortable on the right handers and that wrist angle is probably the reason.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #115
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
DAYUM!!!! only 2 TD's in and you're lookin like a pro!!! Keep your BP like that and you won't touch a knee till you're REALLY hauling ass. No suggestions for you other than more seat time and point the outside toe down to lock the outside leg into the tank as much as possible.

Way to go bro!!!! :yea

See how cocked your wrist is on the right handers and the left handers feel easier? That's the problem with stock clip ons. You remove headlights, go aftermarket on clipons, and you can push them forward to lessen that angle on your wrist which keeps you from getting off the bike. Your BP is SO good on the lefts. The only explanation I can find is you may feel uncomfortable on the right handers and that wrist angle is probably the reason.
Gracias Ant!

I saw some dudes really hanging off and dragging knee. As much as I desired to feel a scrape down there and crap my pants a tad, I felt that hanging off THAT much wasn't necessary. I was keeping up with these and even passing these guys. Your flash is btw. I was chasing this guy on a CBR 1000 and whenever I'd get a good run off a corner and WOT, I'd just leave him behind like nothing. Bike sounds/feels like an angry panda Only options I can think of are 1. I'm pretty good for a beginner, 2. Your flash is 3.Combo of 1 & 2 or 4. They're really slow. Either way.......

Hmm, I never really thought about that but the lefts do feel a lot more comfortable. Never thought that the clipons would be the cause. Guess I'm going to have to buy track plastics and clip ons from you . In the meantime, would you suggest possibly holding on to the throttle more on the outside of the grip to decrease that angle? Something like 2 fingers on the tube? I was going to say "like just fingering the tube" but that just leads to TWSS jokes. Is that normal though? I would think that the wrist angle would be the same on both sides. Maybe I need to practice BP on the rights?

Quote:
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 12-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #116
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

You definately look awesome for only 2 trackdays.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #117
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milko View Post
Gracias Ant!

I saw some dudes really hanging off and dragging knee. As much as I desired to feel a scrape down there and crap my pants a tad, I felt that hanging off THAT much wasn't necessary. I was keeping up with these and even passing these guys. Your flash is btw. I was chasing this guy on a CBR 1000 and whenever I'd get a good run off a corner and WOT, I'd just leave him behind like nothing. Bike sounds/feels like an angry panda Only options I can think of are 1. I'm pretty good for a beginner, 2. Your flash is 3.Combo of 1 & 2 or 4. They're really slow. Either way.......

Hmm, I never really thought about that but the lefts do feel a lot more comfortable. Never thought that the clipons would be the cause. Guess I'm going to have to buy track plastics and clip ons from you . In the meantime, would you suggest possibly holding on to the throttle more on the outside of the grip to decrease that angle? Something like 2 fingers on the tube? I was going to say "like just fingering the tube" but that just leads to TWSS jokes. Is that normal though? I would think that the wrist angle would be the same on both sides. Maybe I need to practice BP on the rights?

You don't need to be off the bike anymore on those lefts. That shit is just fine. Keep working on getting comfortable like that so next time you leave your neighborhood your chest is down for like 10 minutes before you realize it!!

The angle is the same, but on the lefts, it's WAY easier to modulate the throttle vs. rights. With clipons, most people generally make em stick out more than the OEM ones do. This allows you to move your whole upper body to the right more as well as the better angle makes it possible to modulate much better. Don't change your grip on the throttle to two fingers. You're comfortable how it is now.

It's a huge difference. People I've coached have aftermarket clipons but don't have em out enough or forward enough. You'd benefit it without race bodywork and the headlight there still.

I do it on OEM clipons OK, but it's a noticeable cramp. It's all about feeling at home and comfortable on the bike.

Your left turn BP is VERY good. You keep it like that and you'll barley drag knee unless you're haulin serious ass which is GOOD! I've been behind dude dragging knee for miles before mine ever touched cause my BP was much better and reduces lean angle/allows max speed for said lean angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #118
wutsup
Yeah Science!

I just hope I'm as good during my first couple of trackdays next year.........lol. And yea about aftermarket clip ons, I heard it's way easier to get that relaxed "screwdriver grip" with the clip ons more forward instead of the stock clip ons which are angled inward too much like Ant has said.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #119
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Quote:
Gracias

Quote:

You don't need to be off the bike anymore on those lefts. That shit is just fine. Keep working on getting comfortable like that so next time you leave your neighborhood your chest is down for like 10 minutes before you realize it!!

The angle is the same, but on the lefts, it's WAY easier to modulate the throttle vs. rights. With clipons, most people generally make em stick out more than the OEM ones do. This allows you to move your whole upper body to the right more as well as the better angle makes it possible to modulate much better. Don't change your grip on the throttle to two fingers. You're comfortable how it is now.

It's a huge difference. People I've coached have aftermarket clipons but don't have em out enough or forward enough. You'd benefit it without race bodywork and the headlight there still.

I do it on OEM clipons OK, but it's a noticeable cramp. It's all about feeling at home and comfortable on the bike.

Your left turn BP is VERY good. You keep it like that and you'll barley drag knee unless you're haulin serious ass which is GOOD! I've been behind dude dragging knee for miles before mine ever touched cause my BP was much better and reduces lean angle/allows max speed for said lean angle.

I think I'm hanging off enough on the rights too.

Can't say I'm happy about not dragging knee, I mean, who doesn't want to drag knee?! But coming from you....I can't wait till it happens cuz I'll be hauling!! Hopefully chasing your ass if I make it to a TD in JerZ someday

Dammit! I guess you'll be hearing from me soon about clip ons

Quote:
I just hope I'm as good during my first couple of trackdays next year.........lol. And yea about aftermarket clip ons, I heard it's way easier to get that relaxed "screwdriver grip" with the clip ons more forward instead of the stock clip ons which are angled inward too much like Ant has said.
That first day is gonna be EPIC!!!!! Just try and stay relaxed, Its overwhelming...at least for me it felt that way...still is :/

Quote:
Quote:
MyNotSoSuper Build
Old 12-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #120
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Damn that's an awesome picture!^. Yea, I hope my first day will be with Mr. Corbo and some other forum members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement