Number of Track Days - Page 5 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

View Poll Results: How many track days have you done?
1-5 24 38.10%
5-10 10 15.87%
10-20 13 20.63%
20+ 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #41
ReaperKK
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: '08 R6S
Re: Number of Track Days

0 but I can't wait to go to my first track day next year!
ReaperKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #42
smalltrack
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
That's okay, someone in the Track Picture thread was saying Midwest Track Day was created this year and will be coming to Blackhawk in 2013.

They do intermediate and Advanced Riders only, and it's open lapping so you get to go out as long as you can last!

http://www.facebook.com/MidwestTrackDay

Not sure on pricing or dates yet, but between Motovid Wednesdays, JOS Weekends, and whenever Midwest is there, we'll have plenty of BHF.

Now if only there were more Road America dates
Interesting.
+1 on there being more days for RA. Supposedly ZARS will try to step up and do a couple more this year. More than likely I will be there for the Memorial Day track day but curious to see their other dates.
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #43
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
My first year at it, really only got the bike track'd out a few months back... Got 3 diff weekends in. The first was a total bust, I was leaking oil. The second weekend was tits, but first session out I highsided like 3-4 laps in... It was rough, spent the day rebuilding, got back out the rest of the afternoon. 3rd weekend out was an absolute blast, and finally had a completely successful weekend! It was also a race weekend, So saturday I practiced all day and got my race license, then Sunday I raced. It was a ton of fun! Came in 4th my first race. The others, were full of FAST amateurs, so I was coming in somewhere 7-10 range...

Next year I'll hit it early and often! Hoping to really build up my skills and hopefully be competetive! I'm also planning on venturing out to other tracks as well next year. A trip to Cali is in the works, and possibly heading east to hit a track or two in TX, possibly NOLA... We'll see how it all plays out. With a track just over an hour away, I think next year will be a very fun year! I'll be there every weekend I can be!

This track thing has DEFINITELY grown throughout the forum!

I'm glad it did too, because I'd prob be dead at this point. I'm sticking to the track... Doubt I'll ever ride two on the street again...

Quote:
At some point I'd love to race and win... That may take a year, or a few... Either way I'll be out there having a blast and getting better each time! I'm hoping my learning curve is shorter, but who knows. We shall see how it all plays out. By the time I'm Amateur going Expert, I hope I'm winning somewhat regularly. But that all remains to be seen. In a couple years I'll have the salaried job to really support this hobby... Till then, I'm going to make the best of it! Almost have the bike perfected to my liking, now it's time to perfect my skills.

Quote:
Wow, the rookie list keeps growing... That's awesome! I'm siked I got into track riding this year for sure! It WILL change your life! Yeah you'll be broke all the time, but the memories and friendships you'll make are totally worth it!

I CANNOT wait to get back out on the track!

Cool story sis.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #44
R6BLONDIE
GET OVER IT

I think I did around 18 Tds this year. Started last year with 2 and majority this past summer

Jennings in February!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Current:
2008 R6 aka *Ares* (Track)
2008 R6-S aka *Aphrodite* (Street)

Sold:
1999 R6
2008 R6-S aka *Midnight*
R6BLONDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #45
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

In 2011 we logged over 4000 miles at TDs.
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #46
track_addict
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2003 R6 & BMW S1000rr

I've been track riding for three years, but didn't get my own bike until last Nov to dedicate just to the track. Years 1-2 I did 4 track days year. The R6 track bike made it to 10 track days this season until I lowsided it two weeks ago. Winter off fixing what I wrecked.

Track is crack. I can't stop. I've now hit up every track in California, but for Laguna Seca because I haven't figured out how to get my noisy R6 around the dB limits yet.

Since this list of you all doing tracks all over the country is pretty big - wouldn't it be kind of cool if everyone posts up info about least ONE of the tracks they did, like which turns were the most fun, which ones everyone crashed at, the direction you ran the track, was it flat or hilly, a worthy track or a yawner? I keep notes about all of them I've done (on crumpled, dirty paper, of course). Just an idea, but I'd LOVE to hear about the tracks out there and what to aim for next season.

Anyone done Miller (Utah)? Pahrump? I know I want to do Barber some time.

My all-time favorite track so far is Sonoma Raceway (aka Infineon, Sears Point) -- technical, challenging, most turns are a blind hill, and a huge downhill bowl (the Carousel) that is insane fun.
track_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
tfs32
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
That's okay, someone in the Track Picture thread was saying Midwest Track Day was created this year and will be coming to Blackhawk in 2013.

They do intermediate and Advanced Riders only, and it's open lapping so you get to go out as long as you can last!

http://www.facebook.com/MidwestTrackDay

Not sure on pricing or dates yet, but between Motovid Wednesdays, JOS Weekends, and whenever Midwest is there, we'll have plenty of BHF.

Now if only there were more Road America dates
from what Jeff (the owner) has said, the pricing is around the 250 per day mark, but you are not limited to the amount of track time you want..

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #48
smalltrack
scared of big tracks

Bike: 07 R6, 09 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
from what Jeff (the owner) has said, the pricing is around the 250 per day mark, but you are not limited to the amount of track time you want..
So does that mean that certain days will be for I and certain one's will be for A or are the 2 groups going to co-mingle on track?
smalltrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #49
tfs32
I'd Flip it :popcorn:

Bike: 07 R6 09 R1 KTM EXC330

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpolskix View Post
So does that mean that certain days will be for I and certain one's will be for A or are the 2 groups going to co-mingle on track?
both will be on track at the same time.

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #50
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_addict View Post
I've been track riding for three years, but didn't get my own bike until last Nov to dedicate just to the track. Years 1-2 I did 4 track days year. The R6 track bike made it to 10 track days this season until I lowsided it two weeks ago. Winter off fixing what I wrecked.

Track is crack. I can't stop. I've now hit up every track in California, but for Laguna Seca because I haven't figured out how to get my noisy R6 around the dB limits yet.

Since this list of you all doing tracks all over the country is pretty big - wouldn't it be kind of cool if everyone posts up info about least ONE of the tracks they did, like which turns were the most fun, which ones everyone crashed at, the direction you ran the track, was it flat or hilly, a worthy track or a yawner? I keep notes about all of them I've done (on crumpled, dirty paper, of course). Just an idea, but I'd LOVE to hear about the tracks out there and what to aim for next season.

Anyone done Miller (Utah)? Pahrump? I know I want to do Barber some time.

My all-time favorite track so far is Sonoma Raceway (aka Infineon, Sears Point) -- technical, challenging, most turns are a blind hill, and a huge downhill bowl (the Carousel) that is insane fun.
I've been to Pahrump. Track is really nice. Facilities are great. Pavement is generally fantastic. For the most part it's really tight and technical, but has a nice long back straight.

Basically like Streets of Willow, but without the bumps, and a back straight that's probably 50% longer.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement