Custom Studded Tires For Winter - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Tire Tech Talk

Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #21
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE
Re: Custom Studded Tires For Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05R6R4V3N View Post
Sick! Look at the steering wheel. Like F1 dude. Betcha that would interrupt a pond hockey game. Dunno how it stacks up to this bitchen polaris on the trails though. Triple digits on a highway comes easy to an r6... try that shit out on a lake with a sled. Things built for it anyway. I would totally drive that to work btw. Nice ride
Thanks brah! It's quite the hobby! I am in a pretty high level of competition with the dirt oval track racing scene. People go nuts, just like with a track bike. Costs can actually be pretty similar as track riding I do a good amount of state and regional level races, some events have some pretty good pay when you finish well

I try to stay more under the radar on a lower budget. It gives you a great and unforgettable feeling beating people spending 5x as much cash as you every weekend! Anyhow, way of topic.

I feel sorry for all my snowmobile buddies here at the moment. Those suckers bought new sleds two and three years ago, and they haven't even seen snow since. Warm and dry winters have been sick up here, pushes the R6 season between 7-9 months easy.
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
05R6R4V3N
its summer now, right?

Bike: 2005 R6

You have no idea. West Michigan has been rocking some weak winters. Maybe four, five years ago we had snow covering entire city blocks. These days my buddy just got a sled last year and I said, "Great, you know... for next year right?"
yamalube and shit.
05R6R4V3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #23
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

Ryan Suchanek made his own ice tires and stunted with his Kawi.

He also set the record for fastest wheelie on ice @ 95mph in 2011. I don't know if that still stands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6_JFMCUikyY

This was a post of his from back in January 2011:
Quote:
.this pond is right in my back yard so i plow it every day and keep the ice perfect for riding motorcycles on....but i've been building tires for the past 7 years now, really have a setup that works great now!!! i'm still struggling with a front setup that works, i tried building this new tire exactly like a dirtbike tire and it actually worked worse than my previous method, i know a death tire (snowmobile spikes) would stoppie great, but i don't want to design a tire that WILL kill somebody, your still gonna get hurt if you mouse trap on one of my tires, but your not going to bleed out as fast

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month

Last edited by GenPatton; 12-01-2012 at 07:09 PM.
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
Here is a video of a R1 racing a porsche in the snow pretty sick.

Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/OX_weIUwd_o

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #25
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

We have posted this on our facebook as we are trying to organize a ride up to old forge. We've got two 700+cc ATV's with 5&6 foot plows already lined for duty.

Who's comin with me??? Will be ordering the snowmobile studs soon. Group buy? LOL

Seriously though, this needs to happen and I'm willing to make it happen. Who's down? It's been zero up there more than a handful of times. The lakes will be frozen more than enough REAL soon too...

AND I got a set of Q2's with like 150 miles on em I'd love to ruin on principle.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
05R6R4V3N
its summer now, right?

Bike: 2005 R6

How much is gas on the east coast? Sounds like a trip, man.
yamalube and shit.
05R6R4V3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement