Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section

Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #41
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Motorcycle Videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapil View Post
Fine by true definition, mention or displaying anything infront of people is brandishing. But that is not my intention for the post/joining of the site. When I was search information about R6 and difference between the R6S no matter how many different search engines I used this site popped up several different times with random people asking the same question.

When I wondered how to correctly take the fairings off and change my oil after purchasing the bike. This site again. And with pics!

Even back when I bought my 1st motorcycle (some unknown chinese garbage 250 thing... dont ask) I did the 1st oil change on that bing bong and put car oil in it. It was this site that explained the need for the slip clutch to have moto oil

The list goes on... Yes having it in my sig is advertising. Yes starting a thread is advertising. But a R6 with videos of said R6 is directly related to this R6 forum. Which seemed to be an extremely reliable resource.

Most 1st posts are to give a brief desc of your self/your bike

I never wanted to post the link in my 1st post because that wasnt the point, if someone cared they could check out my profile/turn sig's back on.
Most people join a forum and make their intro thread and the title is usually like, "New member from Seattle", or "New Bay Area Rider!", etc..

Not a thread with a title that specifically states your agenda. An intro thread would have been you making a thread NOT called motorcycle videos and hoping the link in your signature drives people to your videos.

And you know this, because you even note that 1st intro posts are people saying hello, posting a pic of their bike, their location and some plans with it, and a thank you for all the pics, etc this site has provided via google search, etc.

So you sir, have made a thread to solely publicize your youtube channel of narrated riding videos. I hope you aren't one of the VLOGgers who have a small digital camera IN the helmet to accomplish this. If so, I sure hope it doesn't hurt you in a crash like that loose ass fitting textile gear. You really need better fitting gear bro. It's not a day out on the slopes snowboarding and looking cool, etc. That gear willl shred and pinch your skin off too, etc.

Like I said, I'm one of the more helpful people and a nice guy. Ask the many many many members who I've met and ridden with and helped out, etc.

Welcome to the site for sure, I hope you enjoy it and realize you will get out what you put into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 Studio View Post
welcome to the forum my friend...
:

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #42
shnormo
Got street appeal?

Bike: '04 and '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to shnormo

Welcome to the forum. This is a great resource to gain knowledge on how to work on your own bike and give and get feedback for parts and accessories. Tips and tricks etc. We do get sarcastic with each other on here but it all dies down eventually unless provoked.

Be cool man and take things with a grain of salt and be open to constructive criticism. Arguing on the internet over trivial b.s. is like the special Olympics even if you win you're still retarded. Learn to let things go.

As far as your first post, usually ease into things after you give a proper introduction. Better first impression.

P.S. It is my right to have an opinion and to voice it. Your videos have not content of value. And that is my opinion
shnormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #43
Tapil
Motorcycle VlogR

Bike: 2007 R6-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
....motorcycle videos and hoping the link in your signature drives people to your videos.
That is how you interpreted the message, yet its in a new member thread. How strange is it that everyone complained that it was in my signature and not on my 1st post if this was my goal? Anyways. I was a member (NB4 not trying to advocate anther forum) of yamahaforums.net since 09. No one once got so upset over a link. Dont wana see it? Dont watch it. It was as simple as that. Here lately the forum is dead. Only threads that get replies are people doing power commanders or pic post threads. Overall site just slowed down.

again that was not my intention, when this is my intention it will go in the media/video post section where people go to watch videos and I just thought id make my opening thread name something different besides "Hi" "new member here" as the majority of them all have. Heaven forbid its something more personalized No point in arguing over it, we have a difference of opinions please view it this way. *lesson learned*

Quote:
And you know this, because you even note that 1st intro posts are people saying hello, posting a pic of their bike, their location and some plans
A video is made up of thousands of pictures. I do include my location. Ya got me on plans... Have no opinions of what I hate about the bike yet aside from the exhaust (besides loving it) - Again a difference of views so this is said and done.

Quote:
digital camera IN the helmet to accomplish this. If so, I sure hope it doesn't hurt you in a crash like that loose ass fitting textile gear. You really need better fitting gear bro. It's not a day out on the slopes snowboarding and looking cool, etc. That gear willl shred and pinch your skin off too, etc.
Not once can you ever see me open my helmet because the camera is mounted outside the helmet. The voice is done with a tiny hi res mic I had left over from when I used to do alot of film work - which is inside a cheek pad. So no danger from the camera busting my nose/teeth out whatever. Same with the mic too it weights about as much as a lone bike key.

It is loose because I ride alot and it gets hot. The reason I have it slightly bigger is because I have these (mid arm things?) elbow pads they seem pretty strong some brand called "bohn". They dont fit right under neath most jackets - you think its that dangerous? I was trying to find a happy medium from - no gear to comfy gear. somewhere in between
Tapil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #44
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Cool... story.... bro?

Anyway, congrats on the bike. Welcome to the family.. Buy some gear, ride smart and stick around for a while.
Judging from the avatar used of Rukia from Bleach I'd assume "Cool story sis"
P.S Nartuto is better.

Edit checked link Come on women should only use anime chick avatars this should be a rule here!

Quote:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack

Last edited by Gundamzeppelin; 12-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
That is how you interpreted the message, yet its in a new member thread. How strange is it that everyone complained that it was in my signature and not on my 1st post if this was my goal? Anyways. I was a member (NB4 not trying to advocate anther forum) of yamahaforums.net since 09. No one once got so upset over a link. Dont wana see it? Dont watch it. It was as simple as that. Here lately the forum is dead. Only threads that get replies are people doing power commanders or pic post threads. Overall site just slowed down.

again that was not my intention, when this is my intention it will go in the media/video post section where people go to watch videos and I just thought id make my opening thread name something different besides "Hi" "new member here" as the majority of them all have. Heaven forbid its something more personalized No point in arguing over it, we have a difference of opinions please view it this way. *lesson learned*

A video is made up of thousands of pictures. I do include my location. Ya got me on plans... Have no opinions of what I hate about the bike yet aside from the exhaust (besides loving it) - Again a difference of views so this is said and done.

Not once can you ever see me open my helmet because the camera is mounted outside the helmet. The voice is done with a tiny hi res mic I had left over from when I used to do alot of film work - which is inside a cheek pad. So no danger from the camera busting my nose/teeth out whatever. Same with the mic too it weights about as much as a lone bike key.

It is loose because I ride alot and it gets hot. The reason I have it slightly bigger is because I have these (mid arm things?) elbow pads they seem pretty strong some brand called "bohn". They dont fit right under neath most jackets - you think its that dangerous? I was trying to find a happy medium from - no gear to comfy gear. somewhere in between

1) You think THIS site has slowed down? You've been here for less than a week.

2) Gear that fits properly will be comfortable. Gear that is too tight or too loose will be uncomfortable.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #46
shnormo
Got street appeal?

Bike: '04 and '07 R6
Send a message via AIM to shnormo

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK quit being so defensive. This was a good learning experience lol. New subject?
shnormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #47
Tapil
Motorcycle VlogR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnormo View Post
P.S. It is my right to have an opinion and to voice it. Your videos have not content of value. And that is my opinion
It was not the opinions of the videos that got me upset, it was being mocked for mentioning i make videos that I over-reacted to. I dont mind broad statements like this. this just isnt something you are into. Kinda like plastic barbie dolls, I can say that all barbie dolls are boring. Maybe its just not my thing to play with them. Rather than "barbie dolls are boring because... none of them have kongfu grip" which would make them interesting I guess.

and thanks.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #48
Tapil
Motorcycle VlogR

Quote:
1) You think THIS site has slowed down? You've been here for less than a week.
Remember when you said you couldnt read?
I thought you were just joking... Now im reconsidering the comment you made

double check what you quoted. Its yamahaforums.net that slowed down. A great site but 4-5 days to get a reply even watching other peoples threads is sad
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #49
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: Sold off in pieces.

Quote:
Remember when you said you couldnt read?
I thought you were just joking... Now im reconsidering the comment you made

double check what you quoted. Its yamahaforums.net that slowed down. A great site but 4-5 days to get a reply even watching other peoples threads is sad
I never joke.

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #50
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement