Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 125 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #1241
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
hey guys. so I'm going to grab a quick shift setup either from annitori or just a sensor and run if off pin #21 (where is pin 21 btw and what color is it on the ecu plugs)?
Pin 21 is an unused harness port so it has only a small white plastic "plug". When you remove your harness from the ECu, you'll see small numbers molded into the face of the plug and that will show you where #21 is. IIRC, it's top row 2nd from left side of bike, between two blk/blue wires, on the smaller clip of the ECU.

Quote:
was wondering if I enable quickshift sensor on flash tune how does it cut the bike off, ignition or fuel?
I believe it's ignition only, but don't quote me on that.

Quote:
to recap once i flash the ecu engine brakig is automatically reduced by 20%?
??
Quote:
anybody have a throttle map for me? just flashed my ecu and the bike finally runs, stupid effed up immobilizer
There's a few maps on this thread, for both street and track. What year bike and what purpose?

Quote:
what is: AIS , TOS and ETV?
AIS = smog pump
TOS = tip over sensor
ETV = Engine braking (from the throttle end. Meaning how much throttle actually stays applied by the drive by wire system despite your physical throttle grip being closed)

Quote:
cheers!
Great show. Woody Harrelson did a bang up job!

Last edited by Tropicoz; 12-03-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Tropicoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #1242
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
to recap once i flash the ecu engine brakig is automatically reduced by 20%?
Depends on who's map you use. Some maps already have extra ignition advance at 0% throttle, which (along with extra fuel), is the RIGHT way to reduce engine braking

Quote:
anybody have a throttle map for me?
Track map, perfectly linear, great for mid corner throttle maintenance and compatible with quick turn throttle assemblies or mods:

Aggressive street map, not for use with quick turn throttles:

-Jamie M.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #1243
cbrkp
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 Cbr 600RR & 06 R6

thanks for the replies guys!

I'll give the linear map a try Jamie, Thanks!

right now I'm not using anyones map besides the ones provided on flashtune, does that have any reduction in engine braking or are they just zero for now.

I plan to run a afm and fuel management at the track next year to tune it so no maps for the time being. despite just putting a full system and filter.

When I go into ycct and change the values do you only do them by "1" increments or can you also put a value then change the figure? I've tried it both ways and it works but the color of the cell does not change. Ie a "100" figure is still green... weird, where as your guys maps indicate a change in cell colour, does it matter?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #1244
cbrkp
I eat my R6

so I just tried to input the values into ycct and linking all the maps with no luck (newest version 1.5.3.0)

it does change but I get this error "unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore his error and attempt to contine. If you click quite the application will close immediately."

Now when I change the values individually per gear then its not issue, its only when you try and link all the gears does this stupid issue happen.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #1245
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

Quote:
so I just tried to input the values into ycct and linking all the maps with no luck (newest version 1.5.3.0)

it does change but I get this error "unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore his error and attempt to contine. If you click quite the application will close immediately."

Now when I change the values individually per gear then its not issue, its only when you try and link all the gears does this stupid issue happen.
I just went through this a few posts up. The best you can do is copy and paste the map into each gear. The 100 column will not paste for some reason, so you'll have to adjust that manually.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #1246
toysareforboys

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicoz View Post
I just went through this a few posts up. The best you can do is copy and paste the map into each gear. The 100 column will not paste for some reason, so you'll have to adjust that manually.
Yep, copy and paste is your friend. It's very buggy so read my post a couple up about after you copy and paste, to select the entire table and increase by one, then decrease by one, then fix 100% values.

To check if the stock flash-tune map has any reduction in engine braking, go to the ignition map, and change at the top "value" to "percent". Look in the 0 column, as well as the one beside it (sometimes the column is labelled 1 or 0.5 or 0.6, etc.). In the higher RPM range, say 11000rpm and over, a -10 (i.e. 10% less ignition timing over stock) results in a 10% reduction in engine braking, and a -30 results in about 20% less engine braking. Making it more than -30 doesn't significantly decrease the engine braking any further.

You can also dump in extra fuel to reduce engine braking. You can use the same percent view on the TPS vs RPM screen to see that as well. 0's all down the first two columns mean no reduction in engine braking. 10's (in percent mode) starting around 3000RPM and up will take out about 10% of the engine braking, 30's about 15% and 40's about 20%. I wouldn't recommend using a higher value than 40.

So using -30% for the ignition timing and using +40% for the fuel = a total reduction of about 40% of the engine braking. To remove any more than that, you have to fake it by increasing the YCCT throttle table to hold the throttle open slightly, even when the grip is at 0.

If you have any probs, just let me know year of bike and all engine/intake/exhaust mods and what you'd like out for engine braking and I'll make ya up a nice map

-Jamie M.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #1247
cbrkp
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Yep, copy and paste is your friend. It's very buggy so read my post a couple up about after you copy and paste, to select the entire table and increase by one, then decrease by one, then fix 100% values.

To check if the stock flash-tune map has any reduction in engine braking, go to the ignition map, and change at the top "value" to "percent". Look in the 0 column, as well as the one beside it (sometimes the column is labelled 1 or 0.5 or 0.6, etc.). In the higher RPM range, say 11000rpm and over, a -10 (i.e. 10% less ignition timing over stock) results in a 10% reduction in engine braking, and a -30 results in about 20% less engine braking. Making it more than -30 doesn't significantly decrease the engine braking any further.

You can also dump in extra fuel to reduce engine braking. You can use the same percent view on the TPS vs RPM screen to see that as well. 0's all down the first two columns mean no reduction in engine braking. 10's (in percent mode) starting around 3000RPM and up will take out about 10% of the engine braking, 30's about 15% and 40's about 20%. I wouldn't recommend using a higher value than 40.

So using -30% for the ignition timing and using +40% for the fuel = a total reduction of about 40% of the engine braking. To remove any more than that, you have to fake it by increasing the YCCT throttle table to hold the throttle open slightly, even when the grip is at 0.

If you have any probs, just let me know year of bike and all engine/intake/exhaust mods and what you'd like out for engine braking and I'll make ya up a nice map

-Jamie M.
Hey Jamie,

thanks for the reply, looks like I'm having issues saving files and changing values. When I go into YCCT to change values then save the file and reopen it the values reset. If I change all the values for one gear then go to attempt to change values for another gear say 2-6. The values reset. soo dam annoying. I can't get anything solid so I can flash the ECU. All I can do now is change general settings and flash ecu.

as for reviewing ignition timing BTDC and changing the chart to percent I see single digit # of 1 & 3 (I presume that means 1-3 % change from stock) at around the 11500 mark. when I got to check the other cylinders 2-4 there are minus figures in the low end not shown up in gear 1. any ideas?

as for my bike, its an 06, disable immob, 15k rev, temp 205/195, QS enabled, disable AIS & EXUP, I have a full akrapovic system, bmc race filter, track use so a 20% reduction is cool if you can make a map for me that would be great! Currently I'm on Flashtune 1.5.3.0

I'm going to give flashtune a call now

peace
Ben
Old 12-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #1248
toysareforboys

Quote:
as for my bike, its an 06, disable immob, 15k rev, temp 205/195, QS enabled, disable AIS & EXUP, I have a full akrapovic system, bmc race filter, track use so a 20% reduction is cool if you can make a map for me that would be great! Currently I'm on Flashtune 1.5.3.0
Map comin right up. Why do you want to lower the rev limiter to 15k? You know it's set at 16k from the factory right? I usually bump it to 16.5k cause it makes monster power right to the limiter even at 16.5k

Will post the map momentarily.

-Jamie M.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #1249
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

Quote:
Hey Jamie,

thanks for the reply, looks like I'm having issues saving files and changing values. When I go into YCCT to change values then save the file and reopen it the values reset. If I change all the values for one gear then go to attempt to change values for another gear say 2-6. The values reset. soo dam annoying. I can't get anything solid so I can flash the ECU. All I can do now is change general settings and flash ecu.

Ben
Ben,
If the values change by .1 -.3 it isn't that big a deal. You can run the map without issue. Mine did the same thing....over and over again. I quit fighting it and assumed they use some algorithm to set those values that way. I also had an issue of my 100 percent values automatically bumping to 101 -103. All I did there was re-enter "100" and save. Eventually it stuck.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #1250
toysareforboys

Alright, map is complete! http://ecuflashking.com/r6/2012-05-0...530%20ONLY.ftm

Double checked throttle tables, everything is flawless

Dialed in approx 25% reduction in engine braking. If it's too much or not enough you can use the fuel/ignition slider on the main screen to adjust it. DO NOT TOUCH THE ETV SLIDER!

I've set up the map as if it was my bike. So Canadian (disable immob), disable O2 sensor (TPS vs RPM performance map only), 16.5k rev limiter (you can lower to 16k or 15k or whatever you want, don't go above 16.5k unless you have YEC valve springs), disable smog air pump (AIS), force idle to approx 1300rpm, quickshifter enabled (pin 21 on small ECU coupler), cooling fans 205/195, perfectly linear throttle table.

If you don't have a power commander or bazzaz already, I would load OhioYJ's MJS fuel map into that map (import map button on main screen, then CLICK APPLY MAP, then flash).

Let me know how she goes

-Jamie M.