Number of Track Days - Page 6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

View Poll Results: How many track days have you done?
1-5 24 38.10%
5-10 10 15.87%
10-20 13 20.63%
20+ 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #51
Torchsport
Horsepower Whisperer

Bike: Girlfriend says too many!
Re: Number of Track Days

This was my 1st year. I was able to get to the track 4 times, plus about 6 ARS courses.
I plan on at least 6 track days next season, including 2 at Road America!
'03 Honda Goldwing (Lazyboy)
'01 Suzuki DRZ400S (Dual Sport)
'01 Yamaha YZ250 (MX bike)
Torchsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #52
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HER6 View Post
I voted 12-20 but I am not sure of the exact number. Probably a little over a dozen plus another maybe 6-8 in my Miata.

Have 7 days I am planning for Buttonwillow next year with Let's Ride. Plus, hopefully we can do an R6 forum day at Chuckwalla. Plus a few Socal Supermoto days.
I saw someone in the wet on my way to work in a miata and thought of you. Specifically when the driver RIPPED 2nd gear and the ass end wagged out a good foot and a half!! I was like, ahhh I see the fun in em now for SURE!!! At summit point, i watched an ALL miata race. that was pretty sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
At some point I'd love to race and win... That may take a year, or a few... Either way I'll be out there having a blast and getting better each time! I'm hoping my learning curve is shorter, but who knows. We shall see how it all plays out. By the time I'm Amateur going Expert, I hope I'm winning somewhat regularly. But that all remains to be seen. In a couple years I'll have the salaried job to really support this hobby... Till then, I'm going to make the best of it! Almost have the bike perfected to my liking, now it's time to perfect my skills.

Bro, If you're planning on racing in any organization that's reputable and the license will transfer around, you need MAD novice points before you even eligible! It's not gonna be easy too. If it's anything like here, we've got cats who are in the ROOKIE races who are a few seconds off AMA. This season the novice supersport classes got ridiculous and people were running mid pack AMA supersport times in NOVICE.

Get that seat time bro!!! You DEFINITELY have the heart!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
did 24 td's this season, only missed 1 day out of the 2012 schedule with my local club, and that was due to a concussion keeping me off the bike from a crash I had.
Man, I almost forgot about those two crashes in one day man. Had me BUGGIN out bro. I wish i did more TD's this season vs starting a business and sponsoring an expert/pro, etc. But someone had to win on my bike, and I knew it wouldn't be me.

Plus getting into two on track collisions this year and the second being the day before my first race I was pretty discouraged. I've got to be close to 20, but more than like am under 20 still. :/

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #53
Shush319
Big ol pile of them bones

Bike: 01' CLE R6, 88' GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
change that asap, you wont regret it.

track days are awesome memorable experiences with all types of friends. Last year the small group we had at Jennings was a lot of fun... i hear Daytona is real fun to ride, have you been there before?
I've been to the track to watch tons of times, It's about 2 miles from the house. i've never ridden it though. Team Hammer has a school every March and October, definitely not going to miss this March, maybe even get licensed....

WERA Novice
Shush319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #54
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: 1/8th of an 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
both will be on track at the same time.
Eeeewww.... And iono about how cool a $250 track day at BHF is.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #55
theturtle7023
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Eeeewww.... And iono about how cool a $250 track day at BHF is.
My last two track days we ran Intermediate and Advanced together. I thought it was pretty awesome, even though there were only two advanced guys there. It also proved to me that I am fast enough for advanced group, as the two advanced guys said they were trying their hardest to keep up with me, but couldn't.

Of course, I also saw the dangers of running those two groups together, as I would come through a corner at around 80, and catch up to someone mid corner doing 50, and way off line. I thought about running right past on the inside many times, but thought twice about it, only to watch the person that was way off line come diving back to the inside, which is where I would have been if I had gone for it.

So, if you are upper intermediate, it would be awesome. If the track is full of new intermediate riders, it could be a nightmare.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #56
pickpocket293
iRun

Bike: 1/8th of an 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle7023 View Post
My last two track days we ran Intermediate and Advanced together. I thought it was pretty awesome, even though there were only two advanced guys there. It also proved to me that I am fast enough for advanced group, as the two advanced guys said they were trying their hardest to keep up with me, but couldn't.

Of course, I also saw the dangers of running those two groups together, as I would come through a corner at around 80, and catch up to someone mid corner doing 50, and way off line. I thought about running right past on the inside many times, but thought twice about it, only to watch the person that was way off line come diving back to the inside, which is where I would have been if I had gone for it.

So, if you are upper intermediate, it would be awesome. If the track is full of new intermediate riders, it could be a nightmare.

This... Plus it's gonna be hella crowded if anyone can go out whenever they want for as long as they want... I think I'll pass.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #57
Rocky5000100
I eat my R6

Bike: 02 Track R6, 05 Street R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
This... Plus it's gonna be hella crowded if anyone can go out whenever they want for as long as they want... I think I'll pass.
I think you'd be fine, but someone just starting in intermediate it would be a bad idea. I think a better format would be alternating 30 minute sessions at a slightly lower price.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #58
m3lover1
Lead3r of the Triads

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

3 this season. Much less than I thought I would do. Hoping I could do more next season!

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #59
theturtle7023
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
I think you'd be fine, but someone just starting in intermediate it would be a bad idea. I think a better format would be alternating 30 minute sessions at a slightly lower price.
Not trying to sound like a dick, but comments like this are one of the reasons I made this poll. I have seen a lot of comments and opinions on track related stuff, and always assumed these people knew what they were talking about. Then I started realizing that some people had done 1 or 2 days and giving out advice. Again, not trying to be a dick, but if you have only done 4 days, you really don't have enough experience to comment about something like the safety of Intermediate and Advanced running together on an open track.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
Rocky5000100
I eat my R6

Bike: 02 Track R6, 05 Street R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle7023 View Post
Not trying to sound like a dick, but comments like this are one of the reasons I made this poll. I have seen a lot of comments and opinions on track related stuff, and always assumed these people knew what they were talking about. Then I started realizing that some people had done 1 or 2 days and giving out advice. Again, not trying to be a dick, but if you have only done 4 days, you really don't have enough experience to comment about something like the safety of Intermediate and Advanced running together on an open track.
Not a problem, you're right I do have much less experience than others. But one can still see that brand new intermediates running on the track at the same time with advanced people who race and can pass anywhere may potentially cause problems. A new intermediate may get freaked out getting passed on the inside of a turn and stand the bike up. Obviously passing rules could be created to help with this .

But more experienced intermediates would most likely do just fine with that kind of passing.

Again, you're right that people with more experience are more qualified to speak of this topic.

Last edited by Rocky5000100; 12-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Rocky5000100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement