R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1 - Page 280 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #2791
pickpocket293
iRun
 
pickpocket293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston. *sweats*
Posts: 32,457
Bike: Sold off in pieces.
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
anyone have a really good hookup or know someone selling a rear shock, I need one sooo bad almost go bucked of the bike sunday
You blaming the bike again? :
__________________

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #2792
bruiser
R stands for RaceBike
 
bruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: my nearest track, Texas
Posts: 8,959
Bike: 2009 R6
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
You blaming the bike again? :
=/ no but when im acceleration out of a turn and the rear is just bouncing around, not much i can do about that besides go slower
__________________
Track Build!!


Quote:
Speed doesn't Kill, The abrupt deceleration does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Money
When you wreak get inside of me



Ingredient List

Armour Bodies Track Fairings
Flash Tune ECU
K&N Air Filter
RaceTech Gold Valves
RaceTech Springs
Vortex Gas Cap
Driven-1,0 Gearing
05 header
GYTR Slip-On
Galfer Rear Wave Rotor
Green Type 3 Fren Tubo lines



bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #2793
Fallis
Meh
 
Fallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,555
Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
anyone have a really good hookup or know someone selling a rear shock, I need one sooo bad almost go bucked of the bike sunday
Add rebound?

How many miles are on the shock? If it's more than 10k, might be able to pick up a low-mileage stock shock on e-bay that doesn't have totally cooked oil. I am under the impression that it's not worth trying to service the stock shocks, since they don't have a port.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #2794
bruiser
R stands for RaceBike
 
bruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: my nearest track, Texas
Posts: 8,959
Bike: 2009 R6
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Add rebound?

How many miles are on the shock? If it's more than 10k, might be able to pick up a low-mileage stock shock on e-bay that doesn't have totally cooked oil. I am under the impression that it's not worth trying to service the stock shocks, since they don't have a port.
20k miles im looking at a penske triple

Ive had it set up a few times now every 3months or so since i've been on the track
__________________
Track Build!!


Quote:
Speed doesn't Kill, The abrupt deceleration does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Money
When you wreak get inside of me



Ingredient List

Armour Bodies Track Fairings
Flash Tune ECU
K&N Air Filter
RaceTech Gold Valves
RaceTech Springs
Vortex Gas Cap
Driven-1,0 Gearing
05 header
GYTR Slip-On
Galfer Rear Wave Rotor
Green Type 3 Fren Tubo lines



bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #2795
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie
 
NeZbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Grand Forks
Posts: 2,671
Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
20k miles im looking at a penske triple

Ive had it set up a few times now every 3months or so since i've been on the track
:popcorn I'm kind of in the same boat. Been looking at clip ons, rear sets, and bodywork, but I'm curious if suspension would suit me better.

My plastics are are already thrashed, don't really need rear sets, and clip ons are relatively inexpensive...suspension is always helpful. Decisions decisions...
__________________
NeZbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #2796
Fallis
Meh
 
Fallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,555
Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
20k miles im looking at a penske triple

Ive had it set up a few times now every 3months or so since i've been on the track
Are you out of adjustment? ie, have any clickers maxxed out? When you get going faster, you'll eventually start out-riding your current setup, and you'll need to tweak things again. At 20k miles, the shock oil is probably pretty tired too.

Aftermarket shock is clearly the best long term solution, but you might be able to get by with adjusting things again, or grabbing a newer stock shock (they're usually dirt cheap, I got one for $20 I think) that has oil in better condition if you're not ready to drop $800 or whatever on a shock.

The 4th gen Elka triple clicker is also a good, cheaper option.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #2797
wutsup
Yeah Science!
 
wutsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,227
Bike: gixxer chrome edition
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpocket293 View Post
Meh. I found a mod for MW2 that has dedicated servers. MW2 > PR
Take that back! eh You're just not use to these type of first person shooters. Give it more time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #2798
bruiser
R stands for RaceBike
 
bruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: my nearest track, Texas
Posts: 8,959
Bike: 2009 R6
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeZbot View Post
:popcorn I'm kind of in the same boat. Been looking at clip ons, rear sets, and bodywork, but I'm curious if suspension would suit me better.

My plastics are are already thrashed, don't really need rear sets, and clip ons are relatively inexpensive...suspension is always helpful. Decisions decisions...
Suspension is nice but not needed til you want to go faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Are you out of adjustment? ie, have any clickers maxxed out? When you get going faster, you'll eventually start out-riding your current setup, and you'll need to tweak things again. At 20k miles, the shock oil is probably pretty tired too.

Aftermarket shock is clearly the best long term solution, but you might be able to get by with adjusting things again, or grabbing a newer stock shock (they're usually dirt cheap, I got one for $20 I think) that has oil in better condition if you're not ready to drop $800 or whatever on a shock.

The 4th gen Elka triple clicker is also a good, cheaper option.

Should be adjusted decently for the miles on it, I get it Setup fairly regular, so i think its just time for an upgrade i have picked up a lot of speed and balls this past track days, last Sunday i ran 12 secs faster than my slowest time at that track so im in the advanced group now, Elka is nice but i want something that my local track guys are familiar with it, it would be pointless to get a shock that my locals guys cant setup correctly, so I'm thinking ohlins or Penske I dont need it now since the season has come to an end so i Have time to search for deals
__________________
Track Build!!


Quote:
Speed doesn't Kill, The abrupt deceleration does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Money
When you wreak get inside of me



Ingredient List

Armour Bodies Track Fairings
Flash Tune ECU
K&N Air Filter
RaceTech Gold Valves
RaceTech Springs
Vortex Gas Cap
Driven-1,0 Gearing
05 header
GYTR Slip-On
Galfer Rear Wave Rotor
Green Type 3 Fren Tubo lines



bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #2799
pickpocket293
iRun
 
pickpocket293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Houston. *sweats*
Posts: 32,457
Bike: Sold off in pieces.
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsup View Post
Take that back! eh You're just not use to these type of first person shooters. Give it more time.
Dude, I was born to play FPS... BF2 is just too slow-paced for me.
__________________

Things I am sick of explaining on this forum:
  • What's the difference between an R6 and an R6s? HERE
  • Should I start on a 600 or a 250? HERE
  • How do I ask the forum a question and actually get an answer? HERE
  • Where do I find a map for my Bazzaz? HERE
  • Should I get a 520 kit for MOA POWAH? HERE
  • How does rotating mass work? HERE
pickpocket293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #2800
m3lover1
Lead3r of the Triads
 
m3lover1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On top of Rainbows
Posts: 25,825
Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes
Re: R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread version 14.1

__________________


Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 12.7 Illernoise Off Topic Talk 6173 07-26-2012 12:35 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 12.4 babymilo36 Off Topic Talk 9011 04-16-2012 07:24 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 11.0 m3lover1 Off Topic Talk 8340 11-10-2011 01:11 PM
R6 Forum Chat/Respect Thread 9.0 Illernoise Off Topic Talk 6995 09-08-2011 05:52 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum
R6-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R6-Forum.com is generated by its users and R6-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.