Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 127 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #1261
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
 
toysareforboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Kanada
Posts: 3,288
Bike: 07 R1
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
previous image above is the throttle table and this image below is the screenshot of general settings
Looks good. See above image, everything looks fine/perfect

You should really turn off "large fonts" to make the maps/software display properly

-Jamie M.
__________________
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #1262
OhioYJ
I eat my R6
 
OhioYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,772
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Jamie are Canadian bikes US bikes, or not when flashing?
__________________
07 R6, MJS Header, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, K&N, flashed ECU, PCV, AutoTune, -1/+2.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #1263
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
 
toysareforboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Kanada
Posts: 3,288
Bike: 07 R1
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Jamie are Canadian bikes US bikes, or not when flashing?
For canadian bikes you uncheck the US bike box. The only bikes that are US bikes are US bikes, the rest of the world are "non-US" bikes

-Jamie M.
__________________
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #1264
OhioYJ
I eat my R6
 
OhioYJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,772
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
For canadian bikes you uncheck the US bike box. The only bikes that are US bikes are US bikes, the rest of the world are "non-US" bikes

-Jamie M.
Well we do like to be different from the entire rest of the world, even if being different has no logical reason behind it.

Thanks Jamie!
__________________
07 R6, MJS Header, GYTR slip on, smog block offs, K&N, flashed ECU, PCV, AutoTune, -1/+2.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #1265
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
 
toysareforboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Kanada
Posts: 3,288
Bike: 07 R1
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Well we do like to be different from the entire rest of the world, even if being different has no logical reason behind it.
No probs

And remember, there are a lot of US bikes in Canada, so just cause some guy is in Canada dun mean his bike bleeds red and white!

If you are or they are ever unsure, ask him for a pic of his ignition (where he puts the key in) or a pic of his tach (for the immobilizer light). Our Canadian bikes have a big fat ignition cylinder with the immobilizer box hanging off the side of it

-Jamie M.
__________________
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #1266
cbrkp
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
Bike: 07 Cbr 600RR & 06 R6
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

interesting. then on my computer your throttle table is the exact table as the one provided by flash tune on 91 pump hence why i kept sayin stock thottle tables keep poppin up in flash tune.

you posted a linear throttle map a few pages ago was that not the one you uploaded for my profile? I was under the impression that was the throttle map so i was looking for figures like in that throttle table you made. haha
__________________
If you're not falling you're not trying hard enough
cbrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #1267
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
 
toysareforboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Kanada
Posts: 3,288
Bike: 07 R1
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkp View Post
interesting. then on my computer your throttle table is the exact table as the one provided by flash tune on 91 pump hence why i kept sayin stock thottle tables keep poppin up in flash tune.

you posted a linear throttle map a few pages ago was that not the one you uploaded for my profile? I was under the impression that was the throttle map so i was looking for figures like in that throttle table you made. haha
Haha

Flash-tune have been doing a lot tuning on their maps, they finally got an in-house Dyno! All of their maps in the 1.5.3.0 software are dyno tuned, both the throttle table and the ignition table. They said that we were opening to 100% way too early before, causing a slight dip in power. When the stock ECU slaps from 60% right to 100% that's the cause of the big dip you see around 8000-9000RPM!

So flash tune have backed way off on the ignition timing (at least on the R1 maps I usually look at) and have smoothed and increased the point it opens the butterflies right to 100%.

Who am I to argue?

If you want I can paste over their new recommended map with my old school map, but FT says their map will make more power

-Jamie M.
__________________
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #1268
cbrkp
I eat my R6
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
Bike: 07 Cbr 600RR & 06 R6
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

interesting. I guess we wont know unless we run our bikes on track or on dyno

i guess thats fine for now. ill wait till we hit the ashphalt then do the tweaking/testing then

i still wonder why the software does not save the values i input when adjusting the throttle table? maybe based on what your sayin FT has said they have disabled YCCT adjustability, or its a bug on my system?!?!
__________________
If you're not falling you're not trying hard enough

Last edited by cbrkp; 12-04-2012 at 03:44 PM.
cbrkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #1269
mmerelles
My R6 eats me.
 
mmerelles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Haha

Flash-tune have been doing a lot tuning on their maps, they finally got an in-house Dyno! All of their maps in the 1.5.3.0 software are dyno tuned, both the throttle table and the ignition table. They said that we were opening to 100% way too early before, causing a slight dip in power. When the stock ECU slaps from 60% right to 100% that's the cause of the big dip you see around 8000-9000RPM!

So flash tune have backed way off on the ignition timing (at least on the R1 maps I usually look at) and have smoothed and increased the point it opens the butterflies right to 100%.

Who am I to argue?

If you want I can paste over their new recommended map with my old school map, but FT says their map will make more power

-Jamie M.

big news! have you spoken directly them? if so i think i will give a try to the new version and maps
mmerelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #1270
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*
 
toysareforboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Whitby, Ontario, Kanada
Posts: 3,288
Bike: 07 R1
Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerelles View Post
big news! have you spoken directly them? if so i think i will give a try to the new version and maps
Yep! When I flashed two ECU's with the newer software (1.5.2.0) and it corrupted them both, I called them to rip them a new one! While I was on the phone with them I asked them about using my old 1.2.2.0 maps in the new 1.5.3.0 software, and that's when the said they just installed an in-house dyno and have been re-tuning all the stock yamaha maps. They had me open the 07 R1 map and sure enough it was totally different than the 1.2.2.0 one I'm running in my bike!

They even had people bring over their own bikes with different mods, etc. to work on maps for those!! They said they'll have some maps up on their website (map share) soon, that'll include FUEL tuning as well as ignition and throttle! There is one up already, for R1, apparently hauls some serious ass

-Jamie M.
__________________
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone use ecu from flash-tune? ilian74 Exhaust and fuel delivery 118 05-28-2013 11:39 AM
micron slip on no tune vs. full ti leo with tune daisbest Exhaust and fuel delivery 2 09-06-2010 06:32 AM
Vega V-Tune Bluetooth Helmet Review Captscooter 954 R6 Product Reviews 3 08-25-2010 06:02 PM
YEC Race ECU, Wire Harness, Cable Interface and software sonysnakeman Bikes Parts For Sale 2 11-27-2008 05:24 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
R6-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R6-Forum.com is generated by its users and R6-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.