Might sell the bike today. Thoughts? - Page 4 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #31
Rriggs92
Yamaha R6

Bike: 07 r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeZbot View Post
Do it before you drop your baby and can't sell it for that price. Pick up a dedicated track bike as cheap as you can, and put money into your business. Win win
I see the benefits. But he wouldn't be able to ride unless he goes to the track then. Now he can ride street and track if he wanted.

I'd sell it and pick up an 08+ street so I could still ride then convert if I got serious about racing. If anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Rriggs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriggs92 View Post
I see the benefits. But he wouldn't be able to ride unless he goes to the track then. Now he can ride street and track if he wanted.

I'd sell it and pick up an 08+ street so I could still ride then convert if I got serious about racing. If anything.

Pffft, projector, LED, zip ties. Done. Still his bike, I regret not doing the same thing. I'm gunna have to dump money into my bike now instead of saving it and getting something already set up.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Might sell the bike today. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriggs92 View Post
Said you plan on tracking. So why buy a dedicated track bike right now? The price is nice though. Tough call. Especially if its as nice as chief makes it sound

It caught my eye like the first girl in a mini skirt in the spring bro. He was rolling up to the track at jennings as I had a close highside moment out of T11. When I was getting off the track he was pulling in towards the paddock and I knew it was his bike immediately. Thru a tinted shield it was the brightest most yamaha blue I've seen. It was hella clean and once it had brand new tires on it, it was irresistible. And Bryan can ride that bike too. Knowing the good times and experiences I've had on mine, I'll never forget or relive possibly. Who knows.

I just have passion and I fall in love easy I guess. $ isn't a big deal in my book compared to priceless experiences, intimacy and established history. Maybe I'm old school guido or just a dreamer with a photographic memory..

Either way, that bike is yours. Once something is mine it's mine unless it fcuks me over too many times... Then I let it sit for years..

:dunno:

And knowing a bit about trying to have a little business, 5k is a fart in the wind if you wanna grow, nevermind get started.

The kid has 2 choices. Be broke and work his dick off and maybe never have a gorgeous gal to spank and beat up. Or have a that hottie in the garage that offers more performance than anything available to him, satisfies his need, and keeps him off the dirt cause that's a $2500 easy out and fix right there...

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 12-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
It caught my eye like the first girl in a mini skirt in the spring bro. He was rolling up to the track at jennings as I had a close highside moment out of T11. When I was getting off the track he was pulling in towards the paddock and I knew it was his bike immediately. Thru a tinted shield it was the brightest most yamaha blue I've seen. It was hella clean and once it had brand new tires on it, it was irresistible. And Bryan can ride that bike too. Knowing the good times and experiences I've had on mine, I'll never forget or relive possibly. Who knows.

I just have passion and I fall in love easy I guess. $ isn't a big deal in my book compared to priceless experiences, intimacy and established history. Maybe I'm old school guido or just a dreamer with a photographic memory..

Either way, that bike is yours. Once something is mine it's mine unless it fcuks me over too many times... Then I let it sit for years..

And knowing a bit about trying to have a little business, 5k is a fart in the wind if you wanna grow, nevermind get started.

The kid has 2 choices. Be broke and work his dick off and maybe never have a gorgeous gal to spank and beat up. Or have a that hottie in the garage that offers more performance than anything available to him, satisfies his need, and keeps him off the dirt cause that's a $2500 easy out and fix right there...
I've parted with girlfriends more easily than I've parted with bikes...

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade
MaxxxEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Also like girlfriends, sometimes it's just nice to get rid of one to get a new one. I mean, you always want to just keep them all so you can take your pick on any given day, but it's not always possible.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #36
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Also like girlfriends, sometimes it's just nice to get rid of one to get a new one. I mean, you always want to just keep them all so you can take your pick on any given day, but it's not always possible.
You mean "unlike" girlfriends actually...

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #37
MaxxxEdge
Incredible M@xxxhole

WHY MOTORCYCLES ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN...

Motorcycles only need their fluids changed every 2,000 miles.
Motorcycles' curves never sag.
Motorcycles last longer.
Motorcycles don't get pregnant.
You can ride a Motorcycle at any time of the month.
Motorcycles don't have parents.
Motorcycles don't whine unless something is really wrong.
You can kick your Motorcycle to wake it up.
You can share your Motorcycle with your friends.
If your Motorcycle makes too much noise, you can buy a muffler.
You only need to get a new chain or belt for your Motorcycle when the old one is really worn.
If your Motorcycle smokes, you can do something about it.
Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have ridden.
When riding, you and your Motorcycle both arrive at the same time.
Motorcycles don't care about how many other Motorcycles you have.
Motorcycles don't mind if you look at other Motorcycles, or if you buy Motorcycle magazines.
New Motorcycles must be asked for, and if you don't want to pay for them, you don't get them.
If your Motorcycle goes flat, you can fix it.
If your Motorcycle is too loose, you can tighten it.
If your Motorcycle is too soft, you can get different shocks.
If your Motorcycle is misaligned, you don't have to discuss politics to correct it.
You can have a beer while riding your Motorcycle.
You can have a black Motorcycle and show it to your parents.
You don't have to be jealous of the guy that works on your Motorcycle.
You don't have to deal with priests or blood-tests to register your Motorcycle.
You don't have to convince your Motorcycle that you're a motorcyclist and that you think that Motorcycles are equals.
If you say bad things to your Motorcycles, you don't have to apoligize before you can ride it again.
You can ride a Motorcycle as long as you want and it won't get sore.
Your parents don't remain in touch with your old Motorcycle after you dump it.
Motorcycles always feel like going for a ride.
Motorcycles don't insult you if you are a bad rider.
Your Motorcycle never wants a night out alone with the other Motorcycles.
Motorcycles don't care if you are late.
You don't have to take a shower before riding your Motorcycle.
It's always ok to use tie downs on your Motorcycle.
If your Motorcycle doesn't look good, you can paint it or get better parts.
You can't get diseases from a Motorcycle you don't know very well.

When you're done riding your motorcycle you can just get off it.
You don't have to take your motorcycle to dinner to get a ride on it.
You can leave your motorcycle out in the garage and it won't complain about the cold.
You can ignore your motorcycle and it won't ask why.
Your motorcycle won't ask where you've been in your car.
Your motorcycle won't look at the grease on your collar and ask where you got it from.
Your motorcycle won't sniff suspiciously at the petrol fumes when you've been riding another motorcycle.
Motorcycles don't complain if they're insufficiently lubricated, they just don't go quite as fast.
When you finish riding your motorcycle you feel like getting on again straight afterwards.
You can drop your motorcycle and pick it right up again
If the seat doesn't match your preferences you can get a custom one reasonable cheaply
Having a really loud motorcycle can be good.
Having an oversized motorcycle can be good.
You can ride your motorcycle in public.
You can flirt with girls when you're with your motorcycle.

Motorcycles don't mind you wearing your boots while riding.
Motorcycles don't mind you leaving them with other strange motorcycles.
Motorcycles like riding in groups.
Motorcycles like racing. The one who gets there first IS the winner.
It is always good when you’re with your motorcycle.
Motorcycles don't need commitment, they just need petrol.
If your motorcycle dies, you can just get a new one.
If your motorcycle isn't working, you can always borrow your mate's.
If you see a girl riding a motorcycle you don't have to worry

You only need to ride your motorcycle in one position
Your motorcycle doesn't complain when riding in the back of the truck.
Motorcycles are recyclable
Your motorcycle still looks the same after two beers.
Riding strange motorcycles without coverage is perfectly safe.

When you fart on your Motorcycle, it doesn't care.
The darkies a Motorcycle leaves behind always smell great.
A Motorcycle never leaves a wet spot you have to sleep on.
A Motorcycle always wants to go faster.
Motorcycles never have headaches.
Motorcycles are never too tired to ride
Motorcycles don't kick you outta bed when it's time to wake up.
When your Motorcycle hiccups, you REALLY ARE concerned.
When you goose your Motorcycle, it wheelies.
When you get sick of your Motorcycle, you can sell it.
Motorcycles are cheap to keep (unless you have a Ducati).
Motorcyles always pump that adrenaline, even on a bad day.
Motorcyles don't ask you to cook dinner.
Two can ride a motorcycle in public and people don't stare.
You don't have to prove to your motorcycle that you like your motorcycle.
Motorcycles always trust you - no matter what.
You don't mind if others love your motorcycle, too.
You don't mind if others want to ride your motorcycle.
Motorcycles don't smell bad when they get dirty.
You don't have to pay alimony/child support to your ex-motorcycle.
Motorcycles improve when you bore 'em and stroke'em.!
When you spend money on your motorcycle to improve its looks, it works.
Motorcycles only try to kill you while you're awake.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #38
AH665R6
I eat my R6

Bike: '06 R6, YZ250F, TRX450R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

This is exactly what goes through my head everytime i even think of the possibility of selling my bikes. Especially my R6. It was my 1st sportbike, I know the ins and outs of it. All mods are my own and it holds sentimental value. Guess that is weird but I'd have a hard time selling it. I figure if I ever get something else, it has to share garage space with the '06.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #39
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Holy fck Max, epic list is epic
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #40
Mac7504
Belly on rotund

Bike: 08 R6(S)exy + 08 R6LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH665R6 View Post
This is exactly what goes through my head everytime i even think of the possibility of selling my bikes. Especially my R6. It was my 1st sportbike, I know the ins and outs of it. All mods are my own and it holds sentimental value. Guess that is weird but I'd have a hard time selling it. I figure if I ever get something else, it has to share garage space with the '06.
Ohhhh fawk that; that's the reason I can't sell my S; she was my first very first bike and I did the entire process myself...She holds more sentimental value than the "R" so she be the first to go (but I'd probably still never sell her either)...My Rytek SLP Monte, forget about it - same deal...I guess I just can't part with my toys.

I'd really be sick (as Ant described) to see someone else on or in my shit...
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement