» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
stuntmanlogan
Always winning

Bike: 2007 yamaha R6
Quick GoPro vid

This is my second video ive made with my new GoPro HD. I just got my new exhaust and power commander 3 installed last week and decided to take the bike out for a quick ride. I will admit the video is pretty boring, but if you have nothing better to do take a look and let me know what you think. I will have more to come. Im just starting to use iMovie. So I have a lot to still learn.

stuntmanlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Quick GoPro vid

You even said the video was boring and I still watched it. WTF is wrong with me. It's you riding around in straight lines. I saw you feelin groovy around 1:20 tho. Good for you throwin a little weaving in the mix there.

Find some twisties. Lose the top of the helmet gopro. That felt like the helmet was going to be pulled off my head when I rode like that.

DONT STOP IN THE OIL IN THE CENTER OF THE LANE. You should have approached that stop in the right tire area of the lane to stay off the oil drops at every busy intersection that are in the center. Then you rode across the oil even more to make your turn. If you didn't short shift and roll onto it so easy, you probably would spun that rear.

Also, you are obviously sitting straight up and down on the bike. When cornering, try to get your chest low, etc.

Keep enjoying the go pro and ride safe bro!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Chief a little bored? Lots of long responses, watching boring videos...
Old 12-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
stuntmanlogan
Always winning

Bike: 2007 yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
You even said the video was boring and I still watched it. WTF is wrong with me. It's you riding around in straight lines. I saw you feelin groovy around 1:20 tho. Good for you throwin a little weaving in the mix there.

Find some twisties. Lose the top of the helmet gopro. That felt like the helmet was going to be pulled off my head when I rode like that.

DONT STOP IN THE OIL IN THE CENTER OF THE LANE. You should have approached that stop in the right tire area of the lane to stay off the oil drops at every busy intersection that are in the center. Then you rode across the oil even more to make your turn. If you didn't short shift and roll onto it so easy, you probably would spun that rear.

Also, you are obviously sitting straight up and down on the bike. When cornering, try to get your chest low, etc.

Keep enjoying the go pro and ride safe bro!
Thanks for the pointers. I honestly never thought anything of the oil spots. But I will get some better videos up. I did buy some other mounts and a suction cup mount, witch ill probably try on the tank and see how that works out.
stuntmanlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeZbot View Post
Chief a little bored? Lots of long responses, watching boring videos...
Man, since I start pimpin the parts, I barely get to post anymore and I miss posting and the forum. So it's withdrawl just surfacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
Thanks for the pointers. I honestly never thought anything of the oil spots. But I will get some better videos up. I did buy some other mounts and a suction cup mount, witch ill probably try on the tank and see how that works out.
Tether the camera to the bike if you use the suction cup mount. It's not to be trusted. I swore by it bro. For years it held me down. Then next thing you know, it falls off twice. NEver used it again.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Damn suction cup mount shakes like crazy whenever I've used it. Threw that thing in a storage bin and haven't seen it since.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
gonzotheman
I eat my R6

Bike: 1981 CX500C 2012 Blue R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallis View Post
Damn suction cup mount shakes like crazy whenever I've used it. Threw that thing in a storage bin and haven't seen it since.
If you don't use a suction cup mount how do you mount it? Adhesive? If you do that then how is it removed? And can't you only use it once?

Sorry for the newb questions. I'm trying to get my hands on a gopro before next season.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App
gonzotheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement