Commuting to work or school on your Bike - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
bryan j
pin it to win it

Bike: 07 r6, 06 yz250f
Send a message via AIM to bryan j
Quote:
Originally Posted by StndIbnz View Post
how the hell did you de-squeak your boots? lol. i've had mine for a few years now.
I'd like to know as well.

Body:
Robby moto sbk rearsets, woodcraft clip ons & sliders, armor bodies sbk fairings, db screen, vortex v3 gas cap, keyless ignition mod, agg sbk res kit,

Support the forum Vendors
bryan j is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
OCR6714
1 wheel R6

Bike: 05 R6, 07 R6
I use a dakine expandable back pack it it don't fit, it don't ship! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #23
Thecca
Laugh now, cry later

Bike: 03 R6, 04 Z1000
Re: Commuting to work or school on your Bike

Use a basic oakley backpack to put my laptop/books in.

I use both bike and car to go to school and work. All depending on the weather and the season.

Old bike : YZF-R6
MJS shorty slip-on, K&N filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj-Agwa View Post
why when i put the straight pipe on a i rev it to like 5 or greater RPM the bike turns off??
Dafuq?
Thecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
m3lover1
Lead3r of the Triads

Bike: Two dirty dirty bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StndIbnz View Post
Backpack with my work pants, lunch bag and sometime work shoes (if I dont leave them at my desk). I wear jeans when I ride, so I just goto the bathroom and change into the Business Casual crap. Change back at the end of the day, put my boots back on and squeak my way outta the office.
Yea I leave my work shoes at my cubicle. I just change in the office though, with other coworkers passing through and stuff...

Proud winner of April 2013 ROTM with a bike that no one likes!

I <3 PASSION MOTORSPORTS

Street/Track Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Ive taken bigger shits than Ricky, but he has personality, so that should count for something......right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
I see my balls are in high demand in terms of cupping
RIP Jason (Snocompton). We will miss you.
m3lover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
R6_350z
Living The Dream

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

i commute over 100 miles a day when school is in session but backpack books, laptop(when in school) and a hygiene kit in my usmc pack(super moto but dont care cops leave me alone lol) dainese jacket and my gloves is all the gear i use..jacket alone is annoying af to deal with at school and i cant imagine going in a 1 piece

if it rains hard enough ill take my car..drizzle/light rain f it take the bike 45 mile commute to school will literally take 2 to 3 hours at the time i have classes which is peak traffic lol bike about 45 minutes to an hour

MODS
- Shogun FS- Zero Gravity DB - Custom FE - Hot Bodies Flush Mounts - MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light - Supersprox -1+2 - Taylormade Full Exhaust - PCV - OURY Grips - Corbin Seat - Ebay Shorty Levers

-Future Mods-
-Translogic MicroDash-Projectors-ASV Levers-GYTR Solo Seat- Bright Gold Carrozzeria Rims........

2011 ice silver metallic Audi A4
2004 350z(sold )

sig thanks to GIJoe007

Last edited by R6_350z; 12-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
R6_350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
Pipelinz
Tracers work both ways

Bike: 04 R6 (Sold) 06 R6R

I use a backpack, the ICON Squad II. Decent enough, but I do like the reflective pieces on it as I am normally riding in the dark becasue I start work early normally. It fits a full set of my Combat uniform (daily work uniform) andmy work boots, tablet, lunch etc.

Never had a problem with it and its actually very comfortable. I normally just change at work into uniform because the Combat pants dont really provide any protection if I went down (NOMEX not KEVLAR), be good if I was in a fire though....lol.

“Out of every one hundred men in battle, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus
Pipelinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #27
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelinz View Post
I use a backpack, the ICON Squad II. Decent enough, but I do like the reflective pieces on it as I am normally riding in the dark becasue I start work early normally. It fits a full set of my Combat uniform (daily work uniform) andmy work boots, tablet, lunch etc.

Never had a problem with it and its actually very comfortable. I normally just change at work into uniform because the Combat pants dont really provide any protection if I went down (NOMEX not KEVLAR), be good if I was in a fire though....lol.
I've been down in my ABUs and that back pack before. The uni actually held up pretty well. I was only going around 15 though
Old 12-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
Pipelinz
Tracers work both ways

Bike: 04 R6 (Sold) 06 R6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeZbot View Post
I've been down in my ABUs and that back pack before. The uni actually held up pretty well. I was only going around 15 though
Thats sucks, luck you were only doing 15, I prefer to wear my riding jeans or pants instead of the uni for sure. Plus, the digicam doesn't match the Yami-Blue

“Out of every one hundred men in battle, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus
Pipelinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #29
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipelinz View Post
Thats sucks, luck you were only doing 15, I prefer to wear my riding jeans or pants instead of the uni for sure. Plus, the digicam doesn't match the Yami-Blue
it made for a hell of a story when I got to the shop.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #30
Ridyn
Oorah!

Bike: 2012 R6

Backpack.
Advertisement