Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
radiostar
make it a double

Bike: 2011 gsxr600
Re: My friend needs a new arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
Bump

Unfortunate. At least he is able to have a smile on his face.

Will try to help any way I can ASAP.

Have you thought of trying to spread any kind of thing on facebook? Things usually spread pretty well there, I think we all know that. There are ways to hide ''events'' from people on there. Problem is the people who like to talk, and it could get back.
Thanks Ryan. I havent used Facebook yet because of that reason - i dont want him finding out. I have this thread posted on several other forums I frequent, and I submitted it to theChive. Here's hoping it all adds up. Thanks for the help bro.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

radiostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #22
cbrewer323
R6

Bike: 2006 R6 RAVEN
Sorry about your friend. His fault or not, work should be covering all these costs.
cbrewer323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #23
radiostar
make it a double

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrewer323 View Post
Sorry about your friend. His fault or not, work should be covering all these costs.
Absolutely. After receiving more information from Chris himself (he likes his boss/company still, and has no desire to sue for compensation despite what happened) I have been in a different state of mind in terms of how far I will go with this. Not that he doesn't need help, it's just if he isn't willing to help himself, I will definitely not go to bend over backwards either.

That being said, they should be paying for this without issue if they are all in good standing. Not me and especially not random internet-goers. (I will still be helping with him at home, as needed)

I'll be refunding the donations to each person shortly.

Thanks for the 4 people who did give without hesitation. you all proved that there are still good people in the world.

"Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it." -Augustine

Last edited by radiostar; 12-07-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #24
radiostar
make it a double

Everyone should have received their refund in full. PM me if you have not.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas

Old 12-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #25
BaoPee
Prof AZN Lowballer

Bike: R6 (Track)

refund received, regardless your friend gets his new arm for free or not, he still has a long road of recovery ahead of him, i wish you and your friend best of luck.
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #26
MorrowDeath
FINKSTER

Bike: OH FOUR R599

Donation refunded, hope all goes well with his recovery

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #27
TMNT
liking anchovies

Bike: 2005 ZX6R

My dad's friend had a very similar accident years ago and they eventually amputated his arm. He experiences bad ghost pains, hope your friend doesn't get them bad.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #28
MorrowDeath
FINKSTER

Bike: OH FOUR R599

How is your friend doing on his recovery so far?

STUFF FOR SALE

MorrowDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #29
07R6s_rider
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6S
I just came across this thread. I hope your buddy is doing better and that he is making a good recovery!

Mods
Level One Racing Carbon Fiber Slip-on, BMC Street Filter, 520 Conversion (-1 +2) Driven Sprockets, EX MVXZ Gold/Black Chain, Driven Sprocket Nuts (Blue), SpeedoDRD, Puig Toe Guard, NEX Black Rearsets, Vortex Rear Brake Switch, Powder Coated Passanger Pegs (Black), Agg Racing Smog Plates, Vortex Spools (Blue), Vortex Oil Cap (Blue), Smoked Windscreen, Windscreen Spikes (Black), Pro Grip R6 Grips, Vortex Bar Ends (Black), DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, Lockhat Phillips Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders With Blue End Bolts, Yamaha Seat Cowl, ASV F3 Shory Levers (Black With Blue Adjusters), ASV Rotator Clamp (Blue), PowerBronze Carbon Fiber Vented Hugger, PowerBronze Carbon Fiber Front Vented Fender, Evotech Axle Nut (Blue), Evotech Swingarm Nut (Blue), Driven Preload Adjusters (Blue), Drive Fuel Cap (Black/Blue), Ebay Fender Eliminator, MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light (Clear), Lockheart Phillips Flush Mounts Smoked, Roaring Toyz Billet Mirrors (Black), Yoshimura Yoke Nut (Black), Pro Grip Wheel Tape (Blue), Skur Carbon Fiber Triple Tree and Gauge Cluster Pieces, Skur Carbon Fiber Spine Tank Pad, Euro Key's (Blue)
07R6s_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement