2006 - 2011 Yamaha R6 Projector kit HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Halo projectors headlight - Page 35 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Appearance and Exterior Mods

Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #341
hardy
Pray for another curve

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6
Re: 2006 - 2011 Yamaha R6 Projector kit HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Halo projectors headli

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhanzlik08r6 View Post
WTF!!!????

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

as soon as i saw that i said the same thing it would have been one thing if it had to do with motorcycles but termites is a long stretch yo!
Modz:Traxxxion Dynamics tank sliders, Vortex clip-ons, CF tank cover, CF tank side panels, Puig black windscreen, HotBodies racetail w/ taillight cut-out, Clear Alternatives integrated taillight, LP flushmounts(smoke), MJSPerformance headers,Termignoni GP slip-on, PCIII w/ Termignoni full system map(Euro), Mad Hornets rearsets (candy red), CRG shorty levers (candy red), GYTR tank protector, Motivation no-cut frame sliders, Shogun swingarm spools, fender eliminator, PC wheels (candy red).
hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #342
borka
Vendor

Bike: 05 SV650 Streetfighter
Re: 2006 - 2011 Yamaha R6 Projector kit HID BiXenon Angel Eyes Halo projectors headli

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamouskillas View Post
I haven't been able to read through the entire thread, its 3:30 in the morning and I'm literally about to pass out...sorry :/

anted to ask if you have been able to do 03-05 gen headlights. I know you said a few times that you haven't but wanted to check in to see if that has changed.

If so I want to know if you're able to sell a kit or possibly even do an install to have those projectors in that headlight, inner halo red, outter white, and possibly a couple more mods?

I really like the result of your work and want to pick up the kit or send my headlight to you.

either reply on here or pm me if you can.

oh, and bump!
Right now i dont have a full replacement projector kit for the 03-05 R6 and R6S, i can only do a regular HID kit, and a quad halo setup, with 4 LED or CCFL rings 1 per projector, and along with the hid kit your headlights will be brighter and great looking with the halo rings.
I am still working on making a full projector kit for the 03-05 R6 bikes, but its tough to design the mounting solution for that headlights as its so different than the 06+ models.

You can see the halo kits and hid kits on my website www.bkmoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamull2852 View Post
Borka do you have any pictures of a 1st generation with a projector setup 99-02. I have a 02 but the PO tinted the headlights and sprayed auto clear over them so I was looking for a projector kit to install to increase my viz. Do you also install the kits for a 02? And if you do have pics can you post some of the cut off line?
I do have a full projector kit for the 99-02 R6, it looks the same as the 06+ projector kit, with all the same options. the projectors looks the same as the 06+ models, but are very slightly smaller, to properly fit the 99-02 headlights.

You can see the kit right on my website www.bkmoto.com

It will deff improve the headlight brighness, with a non blinding clean cutoff line.

I will try to snap a quick picture of the cutoff line tomorrow nights for you.
1998 - 2012 R6 R6S UV Filtering Quartz Glass plug and play 35w and 55w premium hid kits.
www.bkmoto.com
borka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #343
infamouskillas
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: '03 black/red r6
Send a message via AIM to infamouskillas

I did see the halos you're talking about thank you, I will probably end up buying them sooner than later...maybe after the holidays...also, is there a write up/tutorial on installing the halos? I feel I might be able to do it myself..

I see some 03-05 headlights that have the usual 4 projectors, but they have a bulb, possibly hids in the two inner projectors...is this what you mean about the mounting issue? And aside from the 4 projectors, there is a little light towards the end of the headlamp that lights up pretty nicely, I wanna say ita similar to the 06 r1 headlight assembly? I could be wrong but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about and I'd you've had experience or any knowledge and help as to going about that specific mod.

Thanks again for all the help I greatly appreciate it.
infamouskillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #344
borka
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamouskillas View Post
I did see the halos you're talking about thank you, I will probably end up buying them sooner than later...maybe after the holidays...also, is there a write up/tutorial on installing the halos? I feel I might be able to do it myself..

I see some 03-05 headlights that have the usual 4 projectors, but they have a bulb, possibly hids in the two inner projectors...is this what you mean about the mounting issue? And aside from the 4 projectors, there is a little light towards the end of the headlamp that lights up pretty nicely, I wanna say ita similar to the 06 r1 headlight assembly? I could be wrong but hopefully you understand what I'm talking about and I'd you've had experience or any knowledge and help as to going about that specific mod.

Thanks again for all the help I greatly appreciate it.
The stock projectors on the 03-05 R6 are basically one side of the headlight is the low beam side, which lights up both projectors on the same side of headlight, for the low beam, and then when you switch to high beam, the other side of the headlight comes on, also with both projectors coming on, at the other side of the bike.
With our HID kit, this will work the same, but the headlight will be much brighter and with a better color of light.

There is no way to make only the inner projectors come on for low beams, and then outer for high beams, like in the R1. because the R1 actually has 4 seperate headlights 2 for low and 2 for high, where the R6 only has 2 actual headlights, one on each side, They look like 4 projectors, but in fact they are only 2 projectors with each side of bike only being one actual headlight with 2 round lenses.

so to have both sides low beams and both sides high beams, you need to replace the stock projectors with bixenon projectors, which for now is not possible and its very complicated without a properly made mounting solution, which is in the works.

but for now the quad halo kit and hid kit, is a fairly inexpensive and very good looking upgrade.

You can install the halo kit yourself, its very simple, just open up the headlight by heating up the glue in an oven at 225 degrees Ferenheit, for 7 minutes, then pry the headlight open with a screw driver, and simply glue the 4 halo rings right at the front of the 4 projectors, with the provided silicone glue.
Then simply connect them to any + - power source.
1998 - 2012 R6 R6S UV Filtering Quartz Glass plug and play 35w and 55w premium hid kits.
www.bkmoto.com
Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #345
infamouskillas

Bike: '03 black/red r6
Send a message via AIM to infamouskillas

sounds good thank you...I will try to order them soon. thanks for all the help, if and when you do find a solution for the projector kit then lemme know cuz you got yourself a waiting list now :p

thanks again for all your help.
infamouskillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #346
electrospeedgarage

Bike: 2009 R6 Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by borka View Post
New High Power Mini LED projectors will be available soon for corner lights or they can also be combined with the mini turn signal relays for corner lights and turn signals all in one!

check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiLdIQzKgdI

Long time no post. The HID kit had been working great after about 8 or 9 months. I'm glad I did them. The lighting is so much better. But its time to continue with the upgrades. I'm wondering if you were/ are able to still get the high power mini led projects and mini turn signal relays for corner turn signals. If you can could I get a price on both mini led projectors, mounting hardware and relays for left and right.
electrospeedgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #347
electrospeedgarage

Bike: 2009 R6 Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrospeedgarage View Post
Long time no post. The HID kit had been working great after about 8 or 9 months. I'm glad I did them. The lighting is so much better. But its time to continue with the upgrades. I'm wondering if you were/ are able to still get the high power mini led projects and mini turn signal relays for corner turn signals. If you can could I get a price on both mini led projectors, mounting hardware and relays for left and right.
Bump
electrospeedgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #348
borka
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrospeedgarage View Post
oh, sorry, i didnt see the notification.

Yes, i have the corner LED's, with the mounting hardware, they are $60/pair and the mini relays to make them work as running lights and also blink are $40/pair.

If you dont get the relays, then they will only blink with turn signals, and with the relays they will be on as running lights and also blink.
www.bkmoto.com
Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #349
borka
Vendor

Another cool headlight built.

www.bkmoto.com
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #350
Gitrdon
Live & Learn

Any chance you could make another awesome youtube video with one of your setups that has the corner lights blinking? I just went through the list of videos and can't seem to find one with that specific setup.
Great work! Probably going to be ordering these soon!
Production of under tail exhaust ETA 5/2/13
Custom Paint job this thursday!!
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184225
Gitrdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement