$ builds some shit for the track - Page 9 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #81
$Lindz$
I eat my R6

Bike: '07 R6
Re: $Lindz$ builds some shit for the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
nice man! I love chucky, hope to see you out there more...maybe we can carpool to a trackday or something haha. I miss trackdays.
For sure. You can teach me the ins and outs of CVR... Haha. What other tracks do you go to?

I really like Big Willow (most people don't). I really like CVR too. I had a blast (it was my first time out there).

Fuuurrrrr Suuurree

Last edited by $Lindz$; 12-06-2012 at 08:13 PM.
$Lindz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #82
milko
Sherwin Antagonist

Bike: 2009 r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Lindz$ View Post
Haha awesome coincidence, you were in C group? My friend was in C with his silver SV650. First time out on the track (or really riding hard in general) and I was trying to watch and give him pointers. PM me or let me know the dates you're planning to go to the track, we could get a little caravan going.
Si, I was in group C. One of the guys I pitted next to was telling me to try and get bumped. Though about it but I didn't feel ready. He started off in C since it was his first time at CVR but he said C group was extremely slow that day. Idk about him but it made me feel faster taking guys on the corners

Don't have any planned yet but I'm def itching to get out there again! I'll definitely let you know when I'm getting ready to register.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Saw the cooter, was no impressed...There were things that fell to the ground; deeply saddened me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :
MyNotSoSuper Build
milko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #83
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #84
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Good stuff man!
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #85
$Lindz$
I eat my R6

Chapter 11: On a Brisk Winter's Morning.

Today is Jan 20th, 2013. It was almost 80* in LA and almost 70* at WSIR. Last weekend was rather the opposite, with WSIR between 30-45*.

Despite my not having tire warmers I pressed on with the track day, fully aware that I would probably crash. I didn't care. I needed to ride. I needed to test parts, feel speed, exorcise demons, I don't know what it was but I needed it.

I stayed up all night installing my Annitori quickshifter and my block-off plates. I got 2 hours sleep and my friend came over about 7am to load up. It was cold as shit so we waited around for a few hours until the sun fully came out and headed up to the track. We should have just gotten drunk and watched National Geographic or something.

I pulled up on WSIR Streets and some dude recognized my helmet (he's in here somewhere, sorry I missed you after that dude) and we chatted for a second until my friend Javelin pulled up next to me. This kid rips, he rides AMA on an R6 and I've chased him around Big Willow before on a day that really progressed my riding.

Anyways, any hope for me taking it easy just went out the window, ****ing 17 y/o AMA rider is right behind me. I rip down the straight, fully tuck, LOVING the quickshifter. Go through turn 1 and get on the brakes pretty good since I know my tires are wicked cold. Tip in to turn 2 and crack on the gas and the rear spins up, immediately steps out on me and slams me into the ground. I thought I was going slow as shit too (I was!).

Broke my screen, bent the **** out of my brake lever, rashed my fairings and did some more work to my sliders. Whatever. Ain't care. Wish I didn't do it but oh well. That day ended up being nuts. I think there were over 15 crashes. Lots of carnage. The track never got warm, the ambient didn't go above 40-45* all day.

I also should have softened my suspension up a ton. I was delirious at 5am and just opened my notebook and put on the "Streets" setting, not thinking it should be a lot softer given the temperature.

I am also shopping for tire warmers now. Finally. At the advice of my teenage AMA racer lunatic friends. Who I have enlisted to train me to be a proper madman.

Yup.

[EDIT] I also hit my helmet on the ground (not very hard) but it still totally bummed me out. More mad about that than anything else that happened. Also rashed up the top of my right glove pretty good when I went down. Happy to report I only had a slightly bruised forearm and no other injuries. Its so worth it to invest in good gear!

Last edited by $Lindz$; 01-21-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #86
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

Woodcraft sliders held up insanely well.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #87
$Lindz$
I eat my R6

Yeah, those sliders are awesome. Everytime I think about taking them off they get put to use and save something more expensive.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #88
S2 Studio
Y(o_o)Y

Bike: 05' R6

just read the entire thread so far...good god my man what a journey!

sorry to hear about the fall too

keep the chapters coming!

S2 Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #89
maxpr1
I eat my R6

Bike: '07R6 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2 Studio View Post
just read the entire thread so far...good god my man what a journey!

sorry to hear about the fall too

keep the chapters coming!
Sorry to hear about the crash, but I guess it will give you the opportunity to be creative again with your next paint scheme.

The way I look at it, a crash can be a learning experience!
maxpr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #90
TheJokester3
A work in progress...

Bike: 07 Candy Red R6

Glad you are ok. Still a beautiful machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak2007r6 View Post
"I refuse to tip toe through life to arrive safely at deaths door".
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
There is more to squidliness than just your gear.
Build Thread
TheJokester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement