» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > South West

Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac7504 View Post
, careful she don't read this and NOT give you any....

Hell yeah!!! This should be good! :
At this point it's just snowballed into a HUGE running joke...

Besides, seems like she ONLY posts in The Twitter thread... Laaaaame...

Definitely looking forward to getting out to Cali, meeting some members, and hitting the track! After the New Year I'll get with Scott and start making plans, like see what dates would work and all and go from there... I'll keep everyone in the loop.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
track_addict
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2003 R6 & BMW S1000rr
Re: Socal Trackday list per org/per track

That list is sweet. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Chuckwalla with TrackXperience or Big Willow with Motoyard.
With all the great tracks out here near LA, I wouldn't use your limited track time at Big Willow. IMHO, it's boring and not very challenging. Sure, you can go really fast around a huge turn that eats your tires and eventually just feels like you're going around a big circle, but why? Unless it's practice for a race, nearly every other track is more fun. Chuckwalla delivers something better, with tons of turns, elevation, blind hills, and it's fast. Buttonwillow's bumps were mostly paved this year, so it's a blast and has a lot of turns - either direction - blind hilly turns... so fun! My right brake lever was donated to the side of that track. I could pass on the cow smell, however. Autoclub Speedway/Fontana is totally flat, true, but it has a lot more technical elements to it than Big Willow, making it interesting, and sometimes it IS just fun to go really fast. Plus, the facilities are great and they have garages/electricity.

I haven't personally tried each of these track day providers yet. I've only tried Motoyard, Fastrackriders, and TrackDaz. Of those, TrackDaz was by far the best in terms of safety, getting crashes cleaned up, having two ambulances, a lot of on-track coaches (who will actually coach you if you want... like point out where you're missing a turn point, etc.), many & very attentive corner workers, fairly stringent tech inspections, and making sure on-track rules were followed. Fastrackriders is the same - they run a tight ship, it's impressive, but their on-track "coaches" just ride with the school riders. Motoyard I was less than impressed with. Their bike inspection was cursory, and corner workers were few and far between, who definitely don't make a point to call out bad behavior. There was a guy there who had to zip tie his entire leathers up, and they let him on like that - and of course, he was the guy whose engine blew ALL the way around turn 8 and took 2 hours to clean up. [I'm making the McKayla "not impressed" face for you].

What is TrackExperience like? I haven't gone to one of their events yet. I've heard really good things about SoCal Track Days, but also haven't tried them.
track_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 R6

Who's going to chuckwalla in january? I'll be doing socal trackdays on the 6 and will be ther 18-20 to race on my R6 finally lol.
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Shawn3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
Who's going to chuckwalla in january? I'll be doing socal trackdays on the 6 and will be ther 18-20 to race on my R6 finally lol.
Scott(Fallis) has said he's going... Somewhere here on the forum...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #25
manny
I eat my R6

^ Track-Addict, TX is a pretty good org to run with. They aren't quite as strict as FastTrack but no where near as easy going as MotoYard. I've had a great time with them every time I've ridden with them. You should also look at Ti2TT. They are really fun to ride with and their control riders are very approachable.
SocalTrackDays is by far one of my FAV'S to run with. No session, no b.s., just ride as much as you can handle and have a great time. I'm just a little sore with them right now for raising their prices. Still a good org that provides a great day.
Probably gonna miss out on their Jan date as I'm about to sell my 6 for a cheap 250 to start racing. Really gonna miss this bike.
manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #26
Shawn3210
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 R6

I just finished racing this season on my 250 lol
CVMA #143

Faceboooooook
Shawn3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #27
track_addict
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2003 R6 & BMW S1000rr

Manny - I vote you keep the R6 AND get a 250. You can never have too many bikes. Never know when you'll need a spare!

I'm on spare #3 right now and STILL won't be ready for a January date. Not that I race, just decided to end the season with a good crash.

Def will try SoCal in 2013 after I learn Chuckwalla a little better and can keep up. Thanks for the info.
track_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #28
A.Carey_6
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6 Blue

Sweeeet
CVMA #691
A.Carey_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
easbaysav
track fiend

Bike: 14 D675R, 09 R6

Awesome thread. I've done Buttonwillow twice back in '10 while I was doing some school/training about an hour from there; now I'm back in the same location and was planning on doing some SoCal trackdays. The list just made it easier to pick out where and when
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn3210 View Post
I should be out there the 6th! Just got my shock back from Tige, so should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
^ Track-Addict, TX is a pretty good org to run with. They aren't quite as strict as FastTrack but no where near as easy going as MotoYard. I've had a great time with them every time I've ridden with them. You should also look at Ti2TT. They are really fun to ride with and their control riders are very approachable.
SocalTrackDays is by far one of my FAV'S to run with. No session, no b.s., just ride as much as you can handle and have a great time. I'm just a little sore with them right now for raising their prices. Still a good org that provides a great day.
Probably gonna miss out on their Jan date as I'm about to sell my 6 for a cheap 250 to start racing. Really gonna miss this bike.
Hey! I'm doing the same thing! Selling the R1 though - still gonna have the R6 track bike. Sounds like the 250 grid is gonna be freakin' huge.

I also give Ti2TT a big endorsement. They've got a ton of control riders, and they're always more than happy to go out and follow you / give you a tow, or spend tons of time talking about lines and technique in the pits. They'll also do 1-on-1 video reviews sometimes for a really reasonable price.

Last edited by Fallis; 12-07-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement