D'oh Status > 9000 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
@meandmyr6
Fearless.

Bike: 05 Yamaha R6
D'oh Status > 9000

So it was the second to last day of the year that I had planned on riding, albeit it was December 3rd. It was 63 degrees and raining, the 4th of December was showing 53-55 degrees, perfect day to clean her up and put her away. So while out enjoying myself in the rain with a friend, I got the tires decently warm in the country, enjoying a few turns at a higher rate of speed than I should have, on a slightly bumpier surface than I should have. Got away with it, all was well....Until....I decided to go Johnny Hot Rod over a set of RR tracks I'd completely forgotten to be where they were. Whoops.

1) Shouldn't have been riding to the point where I couldn't have slowed down on normal roads in said conditions.

2) Was lucky to COMPLETELY end up unhurt.

3) These RR tracks are SO close to the turn, would have been a surprise even in the dry, even without the fall there would have been a butt pucker.

Either way I'm fine, bikes fine. Scene of the accident and Pics of damaged bike.

I was northbound, turned eastward to my doom.

I had rain pants on, didn't even tear a hole in them. Or my jacket. Helmet never touched the ground. With as wet as it was I slid along the road almost as fast as my bike. Went from side to stomach to 1/2 leg crossed position to standing/running in about 3.75 seconds lol. No idea how I did it. Hulked the bike up like it was a Power Wheels toy, started it and drove away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
My old man would say that its like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's just no end to it.
@meandmyr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
915randyr6
Shake & Bake!!

Bike: 2008 R6 LE
Re: D'oh Status > 9000

Glad you're alright! Bike doesn't look too bad after the accident either.. looks to be a simple quick fix.

Mods: Puig double bubble windscreen, M4 exhaust with MJS headers, flush mount turn signals, integrated turns signals, custom plate eliminator, black on black shorty Pazzo racing levers, bi-xenon projectors with white halo's, 8000K HID kit, tank protector, frame sliders, spools.

915randyr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
TinyDancer
Resident Bulgarian

Bike: '12 R6

Glad you're okay. Take it easy on the street.

KCCO
TinyDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
theturtle7023
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R

Don't stand up until you are done moving. If you survive the initial fall without injury, trying to stand up while still sliding can break stuff. Its easy to not realize how fast you are actually sliding, and i'm pretty sure you can't run 30 mph.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
My94GT
Premium Member

good to hear all is well, take it easy on the street, specially in the rain like that. get to a track asap and youll fall in love with riding in the rain even more. its funny to say but i look forward to rain days this year more then dry almost.

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
@meandmyr6
Fearless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturtle7023 View Post
Don't stand up until you are done moving. If you survive the initial fall without injury, trying to stand up while still sliding can break stuff. Its easy to not realize how fast you are actually sliding, and i'm pretty sure you can't run 30 mph.
Yea, it was significantly less speed than that, I was surprised @ how fast I had to run for a second and actually worried for a second that I COULDN'T run the speed that I'd popped up @, but luckily I was able to keep my feet underneath me. An extra 3-4 mph would have been close to a dead sprint for a second, with jacket/helmet/backpack weight on me.....I'm not quite sure I would have been so lucky.

And yea my plan already was to go tracking next year, I've already worked out an early part of a schedule......Least I had....before I broke this ish. =( I've been on tracks in/on a shifter and a few different cars (F3, M3, Midget, Outlaw) already know I love it, never been on a bike before though. Can't wait. Shitty timing on all of this but lucky to have gotten off easy.

Quote:
My old man would say that its like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's just no end to it.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
Pipelinz
Tracers work both ways

Bike: 04 R6 (Sold) 06 R6R

I have a set of Rail Tracks I cross everyday on my communte and they are at a terrible angle. When its wet I make sure I adjust and take em at a better angle. I've seen them bite many riders HARD, so they always make me pucker up a bit. I don't mind riding in the rain either, once you get used to it, its all good. Glad your okay, enjoy the track.

“Out of every one hundred men in battle, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus
Pipelinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
GenPatton
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy

Bike: 2007 R6 Rossi Replica

Railroad tracks right at an intersection like that? That's crazy.

Definitely sounds like you were just asking for it, but glad to hear you're okay, and the bike doesn't look too bad.

BMC Race Filter | M4 Cat Delete | Termignoni Exhaust | Bazzaz Fuel Tuner | AGG Block-Off Plates
Fren Tubo Type 2 Lines | Integrated Tail | Rossi Replica Fairings |
OES Frame Sliders | AGG 10000K HIDs
CNC Tomok Mirrors | Lightech Quick Release Gas Cap
| GP Shift Setup | Shorty CNC Levers | Zero Gravity Screen
☼ March 2013 Ride of the Month
GenPatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #9
@meandmyr6
Fearless.

Oh no question I was asking for it. Those tracks being right there ensured I got the message loud and clear.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
motoman21
I eat my R6

Bike: '12 R6

Seems like you got away pretty good. Bike aint that bad and you can always find an engine cover for cheap. You can maybe even sand and repaint the fairings if nothing is cracked or ripped.
Advertisement