Race-seat mod - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Appearance and Exterior Mods

Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
motoman21
I eat my R6

Bike: '12 R6
Re: Race-seat mod

Saddlemen seat mmmmm
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg624 View Post
if any of you are racing this will bump you out of SS class.
With who???
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
natedogg624
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
having the ss tail with the seat foam kicks you out? They always had some odd rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
With who???
Sorry, was referring to Saturns post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
if you bought a superbike tail and get the foam to go with it, that's what most racers use. i never thought that the seat was not shaped right, tho. i've been using the stock seat and doing fine...

s3aturnr
Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source

Last edited by natedogg624; 12-07-2012 at 11:51 AM.
natedogg624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Quote:
Sorry, was referring to Saturns post:
WERA,CCS, and CMRA allow SB tails in the SS class. ????? Or is there something I am missing?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #15
natedogg624
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
WERA,CCS, and CMRA allow SB tails in the SS class. ????? Or is there something I am missing?
No T, I know you're better than this! lol

Saturn mentioned sbk seat. I said it wasn't ss legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
if you bought a superbike tail and get the foam to go with it, that's what most racers use. i never thought that the seat was not shaped right, tho. i've been using the stock seat and doing fine...

s3aturnr
Quote:
if any of you are racing this will bump you out of SS class.
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
The Retrofit Source
Old 12-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #16
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Ok, what isn't legal in what class? I will get this right yet.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
natedogg624
I eat my R6

SS tail with stock seat or anything replicating stock seat (ie saddlemen) legal in ss

sbk seat with foam, not legal in ss. same as it's always been when you were with jake.
The Retrofit Source
Old 12-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Quote:
SS tail with stock seat or anything replicating stock seat (ie saddlemen) legal in ss

sbk seat with foam, not legal in ss. same as it's always been when you were with jake.
Sorry you are wrong. SBK tails w/foam are legal in SS in CCS, WERA, and CMRA (probably the rest as well).
So it was you that was confused
Just a note: We used HotBodies and they do not even make a SS tail for the R6.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
natedogg624
I eat my R6

well F. Guess I need to reread the tech rules again.

Are you coming to any AMA rounds to watch Jake next year? Think I saw you at Mid Oh but was busy with the team.
The Retrofit Source
Old 12-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
natedogg624
I eat my R6

Damnit there it is. Chpt 8 Sec H

Quote:
h) Exact replica replacement bodywork (this includes the tailsection) may be used on machines equipped with bodywork from the factory. If the stock bodywork includes air-ducting tubes they may be removed. If they are utilized they must be stock or exact replica parts. Solo seat cowlings may be added when not supplied by OEM. If an aftermarket tailsection is used that incorporates a solo seat cowling when one is not offered by the manufacturer, the tailsection must conform to the shape and size of the stock bodywork that is provided by the manufacturer. The solo seat cowling portion of said bodywork must start at the position of the stock bodywork on the rear and rise to no more than 1.5 inches above the seat when measured from the top of the bodywork to the top of the seat on a stock motorcycle. The shape of the bodywork must conform to the shape of the seat (no huge rises in the middle etc.). A “Superbike Seat” is allowed (i.e. the seat is molded into the tailsection). Tinted windscreens are allowed, double bubble type windscreens are not. Windscreens must be the exact same dimensions as stock except for thickness. Windscreens may not be less than 75% the thickness of a stock screen.
Sorry dudes, I'll duck in a corner for a while.
The Retrofit Source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement