Motorcycle Dolly : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Bike: 2008 Honda CBR600RR
Motorcycle Dolly

Our garage is getting full with two bikes, a workbench, storage racks, a lawn-mower... and both of us still want more bikes.

To maneuver around the bikes more easily, I was wondering if this might be a good idea. Has anyone tried one of these? Or knows someone that has them?

http://www.discountramps.com/pit-vip...ycle-dolly.htm

I watched a few videos and the two concerns I had seemed to be addressed. Namely, locking the wheels so it doesn't roll away during loading/unloading. And how hard it is to get onto seems easy from the videos...

http://youtu.be/x7qRUoByisA

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
LittleMeanGreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
MikeN02
Mario J's Apple Juice

Bike: White Raven R6
Re: Motorcycle Dolly

I have a full garage unit and I still find it hard to move around with 6 bikes in there. Work bench, table lift etc.

As for the dolly, I haven't used it. I do use a table lift though and it would be nice if it could be stored away. I've seen someone build a box/table where they can roll the bike on there to work on out of wood.

MikeN02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Matchlessmingler
I eat my R6

Bike: 2006 R6 Team Yamaha Blue

If it wasn't so hellishly expensive........
2006 R6 Outline

Last edited by Matchlessmingler; 05-07-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Matchlessmingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlessmingler View Post
If it wasn't so hellishly expensive........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzax29SzMyg
Yeah, I've seen that before. It's awesome, but WAY outta budget.

Quote:
"Multiple track days are needed every 12 month period to keep performance of the nut between bars and seat within an acceptable range. Failure to do so could result in a loss of talent in the nut. Crashing, "squidding it up" and illusions of awesomeness could occur.".
Old 05-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
S3aturnR
track junkie

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

remember that, with those wheels, your garage floor will need to be smooth as glass to get that thing to roll across it without trouble. looks like a great little dolly, tho...

s3aturnr
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
jmejiaa
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post
remember that, with those wheels, your garage floor will need to be smooth as glass to get that thing to roll across it without trouble. looks like a great little dolly, tho...

s3aturnr
I was going to say this, even my little rolling seat to work on the bike gets stuck on the tiniest little cracks and bumps.

What about this?

Similar concept but I think the bike would be a bit more stable.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
MrWillyJ

Bike: 2001 R6 (RiP) 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN02 View Post
I have a full garage unit and I still find it hard to move around with 6 bikes in there. Work bench, table lift etc.

As for the dolly, I haven't used it. I do use a table lift though and it would be nice if it could be stored away. I've seen someone build a box/table where they can roll the bike on there to work on out of wood.
thats sa3turn with the table made out of wood.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
LittleMeanGreenMachine
Life is best beyond 10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3aturnR View Post

s3aturnr
That's a really good point. Our garage floor is separated into four "slabs". There are cracks in between. Like sidewalk cracks. That would probably catch it up really badly. It's something to keep in mind.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #9
Chad68
My other bike is a Tacoma

Bike: Bitchin' Blue 2012 R6

They sell the same (rebranded maybe and red) ramp at Harbour Freight for $59.99 if you use the coupon on page 77 of the January issue of Sport Rider magazine.

Otherwise right now they are on sale for $79.99, normaly $99.99

I looked at one today and it looks like it's much sturdier than I would have thought, especially the thickness of the metal. I may use my coupon and pick one up Tomorrow. Dead lifting the ass end of my bike using a tow strap around the swingarm to park it, may get old after awhile.

Coupon is valid till March 27th.

Objects in mirror are V-twins.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter R and the number 6.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for squids.

Last edited by Chad68; 12-07-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
|/3|\|0|\/|
Dirt track racing!

Bike: 2008 YZF R6 LE

Cool roller, would be nice! You might be able to get one built for much cheaper yet if you know somebody. Just a matter of some simple fitting and welding, and attaching some rollers.
|/3|\|0|\/| is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement