Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Bryant's 2000 R6

22K views 131 replies 20 participants last post by  BBudensiek 
#1 · (Edited)
Bryant's 2000 R6 *Updated*

I have been looking thru this section alot and have been loving everything i see!!!! SO i figured i would start my own thread and see what kinda opinions i can get on my bike :)
This is my 1st bike i have ever bought and i love it! Its a 2000 r6 (1 owner before me). Has 17,xxx miles on it. All stock except for the pipe...
The pipe on it is a JArdine RT-1 slip on, that i shortened about 5 inches about a week ago (all thanks to the help of LarryJ). And fricken love the outcome of it.
Here are some pics

1st day i brought the bike home

About a week later

me in the middle and a few buddies

Same

OH CRAP :p haha no its a cop we know and she was just talking to us lol

pic of the exhaust chopped :)

Another

Lemme know what u guys think and ill keep posting on here updates of my bike :)

See less See more
#94 ·
i got a question... i found a rear seat cowl FINALLY... but its just all blue, doesnt have any decals on it. would it look stupid on my bike with my white decal on the tail fairing having the seat cowl all blue or no. opinions please :)

#97 ·
I'm using my flush mounts as running lights. When i originally bought the flush mounts i could not get them to work as blinkers, even with the custom led flasher relay they wouldn't work, so i just did the r1 mod with 194 bulbs. It's different, and i like the way it looks. I think i'm going to do wheel stripes on my bike, i just don't know what color to do.

#99 ·
Its just a slip on. It's the best sounding exhaust ive heard on a bike so far in person.... if u do get it go to there website and order the baffle as well.... Its a amazing exhaust and looks AMAZING on the bike. i get so many compliments on it!

BGballin : I dont remember if i put up pics of my yellow rim stripes but i love rim stripes on bikes. it sets em apart and makes them look different. i love the yellow with my blue! Just dont go with red or white on your bike. Do a diff color that would blend well with your colors dont be like everyone else and do the color of your bike lol. i like unique

#100 ·
That's the problem with my bike, red and white are the only colors that would match. I think i'm going to try out that Dan Moto slip on, i really like the way it looks.

#101 ·
yes its a awesome slip on exchaust and like i said in my opinion the best osundign one ive heard so far.... it has a low growl/ rumble to it instead of high pitched tone.

Do a GOLD rim stripe.... that would look titties..... even tho you dont have any gold on there i think it would look badass...

#102 ·
light socket from 2003 R1
[/IMG]
I used a 1/2" diameter socket (o.d.) and heated it up with a torch, melted a hole in the plastic, then cleaned it up with a debur knife.

[/IMG]

#103 ·
[/IMG]

#105 ·
another thing im doing is debating about selling the greggs flush mounts and going back to stalk type LED signals in front and rear and just not use the integrated signals in the tail.... my mind is full of ideas lol

#106 ·
Yes you can see it, especially at night

#108 ·
You can still see it, the corner is somewhat separated, it works pretty good, but ya i would like to try out the led 194 bulbs.

#110 ·
I think i ordered them from cheapcycleparts.com part #5PW-84312-00-00 $9.18 a piece. Pretty cool mod, even if you just used them as running lights it looks cool, cheap and easy to do.

#112 ·
If i could get my flush mounts to actually work as flashers i would, but when i hook them up they don't flash, and the flashers on the intrument panel won't flash either, i can't figure out what the problem is. If i hook 1 side up, and leave the other side hooked up to the stock flasher, the led flush mount will flash. Maybe i should try different flashers, i was told the CustomLed flasher relay would fix the problem but it didn't.

#115 ·
Every since photo bucket changed i haven't been able to figure out how to make the picture smaller.

I have not tried the equalizer's but i will

#114 ·
#131 ·
Did you get the stage 1 or stage 2 equalizers?

#117 ·
I'm going to tear my bike apart now that it's cold, i will try them out and see if it works, if it does i will use my r1 sockets as running lights, and i'm thinking about going back to the stock headlights, the hid's for 1st gens are way too bright, it's even bright with just 1 hooked up.

#119 ·
I'm going to replace the mixture screws on the carbs because the rubber o-ring is bad shape, and turn them out to 2 turns to see if it helps my idle problem, also going to change the plugs, flush the coolant and change the thermo sensor because my fan won't kick on, but it works if i put it on a switch. I think my valves are loud but i had someone tell my that r6's have noisy valves, but i might check them anyways. Also need a new clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.