Originally Posted by natedogg624
With these long winters up here, i foresee me modding the rear end to allow for easier shock swaps...
what a pita.
Finally did this last night.... didn't have the patience to take photos and whatnot. First time doing it so it took WAY longer than it should (and not as easy as the service manual says it is). Took a lot of "maybe if I did this..." with my brother but managed to get it out.
I used axle stands but still had to remove the rear tire, made it a lot easier/lighter to move the swingwarm around as needed. Anyway, successful install. I put a tiny smidge of silicone on the end of each bolt after torquing (I do this for all installs - except wheels - so I know if I missed a bolt or not).
Anyway, she's back in one piece and ready for next week's race weekend! THanks for the tips/advice. I'll do an FAQ next time I remove it for servicing since I had a very messy and immunodeficient set up this time.