Bike was stolen - Page 3 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Glock21sf_Saiga12
I hate bike thieves

Bike: Sexy Silver 08 R6(stolen)
Re: Bike was stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSICKS ATL View Post
Maybe it was the guy who owned that bike? Or one of his buddies? Maybe it was someone who had it out for you specifically

Sent while riding my R6. o_O
I actually thought about that.. why steal a 4 year old bike thats locked instead of a new bike thats not locked? But theres also 2 other sport bikes, both Suzukis, that are usually not locked in my apts.. I guess the thieves knew it would be worth the extra time/risk to get mine cause it is damn sexy. Plus who wants a blue Ninja?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Glock21sf_Saiga12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #22
Gundamzeppelin
Tons of juice. Crazyjuice

Bike: 13M1 Rep 05Aprila scooter

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson
One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.
Crazy Horse
ROTM Dec 2011/Sep 2013

^petrol_spice^ RIP Mulciber, BallistiK,GhostR6
'Any crash you can walk away from is a good one."
launchpad McQuack
Gundamzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
motoman21
I eat my R6

Bike: '12 R6

Any leads on the bike?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #24
Cat
My R6 eats me.

When I lived in an apartment a long time ago, I had a dirt bike and a new street bike. The complex was pretty new and a nice place, although some of the residents were a bit shady. The area was surrounded by a nice residential area, but there was some theft risk there. My lease specifically said that no gas engines or equipment were allowed inside the units. The lady who was our resident manager liked me and she liked bikes, so she advised me to keep both of my bikes in the kitchen and she wouldn't say anything. I hadn't even asked her, it was her idea. That worked out great. I had a secure parking and work space out of the weather without having to rent a storage unit. It would be nice if everyone had that kind of luck. In some other apartments, I rented an off site storage unit for the bikes. Not as cheap or convenient, but I wanted them out of sight and locked up.

I had two dirt bikes stolen, and an attempt made on my street bike. My first dirt bike theft was right off of my trailer when it was parked in front of a friend's house under a bright street light. It was stolen between 9-11 PM. It was recovered undamaged a few days later. Since it happened on high school graduation night, it appeared to be some high school kids who just wanted to go for a joy ride. They cut the tiedowns and also took a 5 gal. gas can.

My second dirt bike theft happened at a dealer when it was in for service. They had 3 bikes stolen that day. The other two were recovered, but mine never was. They know who stole it because the other two guys were caught and named him. He was the son of the mayor of the big city where I was living and he had a long police record, but they couldn't do anything since they didn't catch him with the bike, and they also didn't want to catch him. The dealer's insurance covered most of replacing it with a new bike.

When I was working nights and rode my street bike to work in the summer, I came out to go home past midnight and found that someone had jammed a screwdriver into my ignition switch trying to steal it. It was amazing that the key still worked in it because it was pretty well destroyed. No other damage than that.

Bikes are an easy target. Do what you must to protect them and keep them insured!
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Glock21sf_Saiga12
I hate bike thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman21 View Post
Any leads on the bike?
nah man.. still stolen. I got a call from the insurance co yesterday. They are ready to start processing the claim. Gotta couple of bills to catch up on, then time to start shopping for a new toy
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
Nick336
My R6 eats meat

Bike: 01 YZF-R6

so did you find it? New bike?
Nick336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #27
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

damn man, that really blows, especially with a bike that gorgeous

but props to having theft insurance, get a nice new toy once youre theft proof
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #28
ChinoRi6er
Liq Madiq

Bike: 2008 R6

Don't know if this has ever been posted... but it sure is a damn good read from an ex theif. There's some good tips to look out for next time around.

http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/..._operator_ama/
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
Glock21sf_Saiga12
I hate bike thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick336 View Post
so did you find it? New bike?
They never found it. I wouldn't want it back anyways. It wouldn't be the same. I haven't purchased another bike yet and don't plan to until I live somewhere that I can keep my bike inside.
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
Glock21sf_Saiga12
I hate bike thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutoydiesel View Post
damn man, that really blows, especially with a bike that gorgeous

but props to having theft insurance, get a nice new toy once youre theft proof
That's the plan, although I know there is no such thing as "theft proof". A co worker had his procharged vette stolen out of his garage once in a pretty nice neighborhood

Those bastards that stole my bike didn't even get their complimentary buckshot
-Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement