All your Bazzaz Questions - Page 102 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #1011
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Ok so my TPS was reading from 0-55% only lol

So I went in and calibrated the TPS in my bazzaz at closed: 0.72V and open: 2.54V

Does this sound ok? Now the TPS guage reads from 0-100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #1012
bluerebel
Sometimes..........

Bike: 2012 R6
Never mind...found my solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #1013
Cappy Hel
My R6 eats me.

Re: All your Bazzaz Questions

I found that there is a weird problem with my ZFi and my 2008 R6.

I pluged the cable to ZFi and ran the engine in N gear. The RPM that i read form ZFi Mapper Software is always double (2x greater than) the true RPM from bike's instrument panel at any RPM. For example: In the iddle state, ZFi shows around 3000-4000 RPM when bike is at around 1500 RPM. So the normal fuel map based on RPM that be proceeded in ZFi would be totally wrong.

I rode my bike to the the technicians, they checked my bike and also read the same 2x RPM by their computer. The technicians told me they installed the ZFi totally correct and the problem is in the ZFi's wires, something is looped or so. And they don't know how to fix this. I had to ride my bike back home with disappointment.

So please help me to fix this. I confuse about this.
Thank you!
Cappy Hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #1014
AWilchiwsky
2010 R6 Looking for Mods

Tonight I uninstalled my z-AFM and took my bike to be dyno'd. For some reason any significant fuel changes makes almost no afr change. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the bike or the software? Everything seemed fine when running with the z-AFM.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
AWilchiwsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #1015
Cappy Hel
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy Hel View Post
I found that there is a weird problem with my ZFi and my 2008 R6.

I pluged the cable to ZFi and ran the engine in N gear. The RPM that i read form ZFi Mapper Software is always double (2x greater than) the true RPM from bike's instrument panel at any RPM. For example: In the iddle state, ZFi shows around 3000-4000 RPM when bike is at around 1500 RPM. So the normal fuel map based on RPM that be proceeded in ZFi would be totally wrong.

I rode my bike to the the technicians, they checked my bike and also read the same 2x RPM by their computer. The technicians told me they installed the ZFi totally correct and the problem is in the ZFi's wires, something is looped or so. And they don't know how to fix this. I had to ride my bike back home with disappointment.

So please help me to fix this. I confuse about this.
Thank you!
...For so long, nobody has answered me
Old 12-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #1016
jpaolo
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 06 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy Hel View Post
...For so long, nobody has answered me
Have you calibrated the tps? (There are multiple thread on how to) Also is this the same tech who installed the unit if so try another tech. Also if you can check it out your self check the tps wire if its connected to the right tps. 06 and up r6 have two tps one in the middle and on the right side. The right side is the correct tps and its a grey wire. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #1017
RU1N-R6R
My R6 eats Fords

Bike: 2008 R6-R

Hey guys so I'm a noob when it comes to bikes. I bought mine an 08 and have just recently started to upgrade. I've done a lot of reading through the forums and have decided on a set up but don't have the cash to buy all at once. I have purchased a K&N filter, AGG smog plates, bazzaz zfi and an m4 mid-pipe. I am currently in the process of installing the mid-pipe, I have installed everything else.
All that being said, I guess my question would be is there anyone with a similar set up with a map that might be a good starter map for me?
Or if someone has any suggestions, I'm open to all suggestions.
Thanks guys
RU1N-R6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #1018
Cappy Hel
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaolo View Post
Have you calibrated the tps? (There are multiple thread on how to) Also is this the same tech who installed the unit if so try another tech. Also if you can check it out your self check the tps wire if its connected to the right tps. 06 and up r6 have two tps one in the middle and on the right side. The right side is the correct tps and its a grey wire. Good luck.
My problem is the RPM not the TPS value. The TPS seems show the correct value and i have calibrated TPS on The ZFi Mapper software many times but the RPM is still readed the wrong value.
I think may be the the Bazzaz ZFi was connected to the wrong wire but i don't know which wire.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #1019
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Give Bazzaz a call and they will explain how to diagnose it and ensure it's correct.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #1020
Jredford
My R6 eats me.

I took my 2007 r6 to the track to do some auto tuning. The high end tuned great, however the bike would die every time I came off the track.

When I got home and pulled up the modified map many of the low TPS values in the high RPM ranges were in the +60 range. Really?

Why would it do this? Easy enough to fix but every time I auto tune it seems silly to have to go in and manually change these values.

Thoughts?
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement