Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ - Page 128 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Exhaust and fuel delivery

Old 12-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #1271
mmerelles
My R6 eats me.

Re: Flash Tune Interface - Review - FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Yep! When I flashed two ECU's with the newer software (1.5.2.0) and it corrupted them both, I called them to rip them a new one! While I was on the phone with them I asked them about using my old 1.2.2.0 maps in the new 1.5.3.0 software, and that's when the said they just installed an in-house dyno and have been re-tuning all the stock yamaha maps. They had me open the 07 R1 map and sure enough it was totally different than the 1.2.2.0 one I'm running in my bike!

They even had people bring over their own bikes with different mods, etc. to work on maps for those!! They said they'll have some maps up on their website (map share) soon, that'll include FUEL tuning as well as ignition and throttle! There is one up already, for R1, apparently hauls some serious ass

-Jamie M.
thanks sir!!

I will have all day training on friday in preparation for sunday race, so i will try 1.5.3.0 and share you my impressions. It is a very known track for me, so it will be interesting to evaluate how this new maps perform on laptimes and handling compared to old ones having such a different tuning.

They should speed up autotune support on the ecu as well, it will rock!!!
mmerelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #1272
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

I'm skeptical, they claimed to do dyno tunes before, were they renting one before or something? Not to mention they've claimed everything so far has made more power?

I've got to get some dyno time setup this spring and do some testing.

Either way I'm going to have to check out the new maps.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #1273
Njbr6
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2011 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
Alright, map is complete! http://ecuflashking.com/r6/2012-05-0...530%20ONLY.ftm

Double checked throttle tables, everything is flawless

Dialed in approx 25% reduction in engine braking. If it's too much or not enough you can use the fuel/ignition slider on the main screen to adjust it. DO NOT TOUCH THE ETV SLIDER!

I've set up the map as if it was my bike. So Canadian (disable immob), disable O2 sensor (TPS vs RPM performance map only), 16.5k rev limiter (you can lower to 16k or 15k or whatever you want, don't go above 16.5k unless you have YEC valve springs), disable smog air pump (AIS), force idle to approx 1300rpm, quickshifter enabled (pin 21 on small ECU coupler), cooling fans 205/195, perfectly linear throttle table.

If you don't have a power commander or bazzaz already, I would load OhioYJ's MJS fuel map into that map (import map button on main screen, then CLICK APPLY MAP, then flash).

Let me know how she goes

-Jamie M.
Can I use this for a 2011 r6? and if so what do i change to make engine braking as close to stock as possible?
Njbr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #1274
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njbr6 View Post
Can I use this for a 2011 r6? and if so what do i change to make engine braking as close to stock as possible?
Ummm, no. The map wouldn't be called 06-07 R6 if it worked on 2011's too lol.

Just use the built in 2008-2011 R6 91+ map. Don't touch the engine braking sliders and it'll be as close to stock engine braking as possible (should be really close).

Dump in OhioYJ's MJS fuel map if you've ditched the cat and flash away!

-Jamie M.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #1275
mmerelles
My R6 eats me.

I rode the first three sessions on the old version/maps having lapped 1:58:500 consistently, then i flashed the bike with 1.5.3.0 and included maps.

First I noticed, the bike has now a solid rock idle at 1500 cold and hot (it used to bounce a lot while idling cold and hot).

At the track the bike now pulls consistently through the entire RPM range, not flat spots, neither peaks. The throttle is soooo smooth now (used to be very peaky and unpredictable) that you end up opening it sooner and sooner at very high lean angles with high grade confidence and precision.

This new version is definitively a major step forward on handling at the track (I have no dyno to confirm hp numbers). Anyway, it so smooth and predictable now that you can open it sooner and stronger at the tire edges while exiting a corner lapping faster. I put a 1:57:478 (a second faster) on qualifying which gave me to the pole for tomorrow.

Engine braking was improved as well, on the older version it was a bit inconsistent while coming in hard to the turns. It is more linear and consistent now.

Mine is a R6 2011 EURO SPEC. Hope to see other reviews of the new version

Last edited by mmerelles; 12-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.
mmerelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #1276
toysareforboys
Two Bro's=ORGASM *nohomo*

Bike: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmerelles View Post
I rode the first three sessions on the old version/maps having lapped 1:58:500 consistently, then i flashed the bike with 1.5.3.0 and included maps.

First I noticed, the bike has now a solid rock idle at 1500 cold and hot (it used to bounce a lot while idling cold and hot).

At the track the bike now pulls consistently through the entire RPM range, not flat spots, neither peaks. The throttle is soooo smooth now (used to be very peaky and unpredictable) that you end up opening it sooner and sooner at very high lean angles with high grade confidence and precision.

This new version is definitively a major step forward on handling at the track (I have no dyno to confirm hp numbers). Anyway, it so smooth and predictable now that you can open it sooner and stronger at the tire edges while exiting a corner lapping faster. I put a 1:57:478 (a second faster) on qualifying which gave me to the pole for tomorrow.

Engine braking was improved as well, on the older version it was a bit inconsistent while coming in hard to the turns. It is more linear and consistent now.

Mine is a R6 2011 EURO SPEC. Hope to see other reviews of the new version
Woot woot! Nice! I would e-mail your results to Flash-Tune. They'd probably sponsor you with a review like that

I've flashed three bikes with the 1.5.3.0 now, all of them said it feels way way better. Peak HP number might be the same or less, but damn it's so smooth and not twitchy!

-Jamie M.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #1277
Tropicoz
I eat my R6

Jamie, in using the latest software, have you been using their throttle maps? I've built a few to narrow down next spring, but with every update there is less and less difference between my stuff and theirs!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:55 PM   #1278
bmxrider945
I eat my R6

Will the new 1.5.3.0 Software and maps decrease the throttle sensitivity using FlashTunes throttle map? Right Now,running 1.2.2.0, its hard for the bike to hold and steady rpm and makes it difficult in the corners because the bike accelerates too much. Just looking for some feedback and maybe reflash my ECU with the new software.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #1279
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

To everyone that has PM'd me, between moving this week and a family issue that came up, I haven't replied to any PMs. I will answer everyone, just bear with me as there will be a delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxrider945 View Post
Will the new 1.5.3.0 Software and maps decrease the throttle sensitivity using FlashTunes throttle map? Right Now,running 1.2.2.0, its hard for the bike to hold and steady rpm and makes it difficult in the corners because the bike accelerates too much. Just looking for some feedback and maybe reflash my ECU with the new software.
It's actually just the mapping, not the version number really. The original maps for the flash tune software were kind of twitchy, and the reason I stopped using their maps. The new throttle map, is much smoother, however, not quite as aggressive. I still prefer a slightly more aggressive map, but it's a personal preference (It took me a while to get a custom setup how I like). If you were having problems with a twitchy throttle the newer maps will definitely help, just be aware, it's a little less aggressive.

Quote:
- Offline license checking bug fixed allows for faster loading
- Linkmaps disallowed with YCCT mapping
- Flash routine updated to support bluetooth interfaces
- PC value grid auto clears when applying to "current image"
New update, wonder what the bluetooth part is?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #1280
OhioYJ
I eat my R6

Well I'm moved, and things are getting back to normal again. Everyone should have PMs now if I have your ECM, telling you wether it shipped today, or will be tomorrow.

I will say the latest version is much better than the last few versions. I'm actually finally running the newest software on my ECU, and am happy with the results.
Advertisement