Help with new jacket and boots : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Blazer Guy
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2008 R6R
Help with new jacket and boots

Well i am looking to upgrade my jacket and buy some boots this winter. They will be for street riding. The first is the jacket, i am looking for a perforated leather jacket. Right now i have an early 90's teknic leather jacket but it has no perforation, so its is unbearably hot, and the fact that its bright purple doesn't help. I have been looking and I pretty much have a narrowed down to 2:
teknic: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/t...leather-jacket
icon: http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...leather-jacket
I am leaning more toward the teknic, but if you guys have any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.
The next is boots, im looking for something to be able to ride in but still be able to wear like normal after, like a 3/4 or full if they are able to be worn comfertabley around. The only issue is that i wear a 8,1/2 EE so i don't really know what boots come in extra wide sizes, i know alpine stars are to narrow. So if you guys could recommend some boots. Thanks
Blazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Not icon
Old 12-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Blazer Guy
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2008 R6R
Re: Help with new jacket and boots

Why not icon? Just from what ive read people have said generally good things about it. Could you inform me? Not trying to back up icon, just wondering why not.
Blazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

If you like it, get it.
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
NeZbot
Errybody Dougie

Bike: 2008 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer Guy View Post
Why not icon? Just from what ive read people have said generally good things about it. Could you inform me? Not trying to back up icon, just wondering why not.
Plenty of horror stories about icon gear failing when crashed
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
Gadgit12a
My R6 eats me.

I have Berik boots and I have rather wide feet. They are full boots and I find them comfortable to wear around the office and street for the day. maybe a little hot but still fine.
Gadgit12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Pipelinz
Tracers work both ways

Bike: 04 R6 (Sold) 06 R6R

I ride an ICON Motorhead Jacket and I like it just fine. Not too sure about the failing when crashed though, I hadn't heard that. I find it very comfy and fits me well, but the ICON stuff does fit small. I normally where an XL jacket and I needed a 2XL in ICON.

I ride A* Boots, so not really much help there, sorry. Have you browsed the "buy and sell" portion of the forums for a jacket? You can grab some pretty sweet deals at times, if you are okay with used, just a thought. Good luck.

“Out of every one hundred men in battle, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ― Heraclitus
Pipelinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
2004R6Rider
Ride Blue

Are you near a Cycle Gear or similar store? I worry about fit just as much as I would about quality. You don't necessarily have to buy at the store (if you can find better prices online) but try them on in person to see what's better.

I've never heard any horror stories about Icon either.. but then again I'm pretty new to this forum.
2004R6Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
R6BLONDIE
GET OVER IT

Icon = squid gear

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Current:
2008 R6 aka *Ares* (Track)
2008 R6-S aka *Aphrodite* (Street)

Sold:
1999 R6
2008 R6-S aka *Midnight*
R6BLONDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
Krutoydiesel
she drops it low

Bike: SOLD-2011 Yamaha R6 Raven

go Teknic

i have an icon jacket, they overprice. quality stuff nonetheless, and if you ever need a helmet, never go icon..
Modified 05 Headers
Modified Devil Rocket CF slip on
Block off plates-AggRacing
6k HIDs-AggRacing
Bauce Flashed ECU-Bauce Racing
BMC Race Filter-Bauce Racing
Reservoir Socks-Slowboy
CF Triple tree cover-SKUR

Future-
Shermans levers...
Krutoydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links