Mods to a FZR600. Any ideas? : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Appearance and Exterior Mods

Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
GaryIII
My R6 eats me.

Bike: '95 FZR600 Genesis
Mods to a FZR600. Any ideas?

I have a '95 FZR600 Genesis and I need to know some good modification ideas. I'm not into changing the fairings around the engine or changing the color scheme. I thought about changing the rear of the bike up a bit, looks chunky and outdated. Also gonna get some reflective tape to put on my rims. Any other ideas? post some related pictures of your thoughts if you can.
GaryIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Mods to a FZR600. Any ideas?

520 chain kit with steeper gearing for more accelleration.

New rider? Good tires, flush brake fluid, rotorhone and clean up rotors, get some decet brake pads on the bike (EBC HH or Ferodo ST). Then just enjoy riding it man. Don't throw a ton of $ at it.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
GaryIII
My R6 eats me.

The bike came with a rear rotor for it. If you can see it in my picture, the one on the rear is worn down pretty badly. The guy took care of it but not as much as i'd like. I'm getting new seals and plugs for it soon.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #4
GaryIII
My R6 eats me.

C'mon guys! Anything?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Bigger carbs, flatslide carbs, port and polish the head, add a decent exhaust.... At that point though, I'd sell it and buy a clean used newer 600.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
Chad68
My other bike is a Tacoma

Bike: Bitchin' Blue 2012 R6

Some of the mods I did to my 1998 FZR 600 were, a side mounted steering damper, Yoshi slip on, Stainless lines and added an aftermarket front brake reservoir/lever assembly so I could adjust the lever LOP. That last mod and the brake lines made a world of difference. The forks were horribly undersprung for me but I never did swap them though i should have.

A free mod you can do it remove the two ~1" thick rubber bushings/spacers from the tail light lens assembly. It will move the lens in that much closer for a cleaner look. Looks much nicer, especially with the factory seat cowl.

Wish I had digital pics of it but only photo's.

Kind of a ricer mod but I found some 2" diameter aluminium ducting for VW's I think (engine heater hose). It makes the intake tubes on the FZR look like the intake tubes from the old ZX750's from the early 90's that dumped down into the top of the gas tank.

Oh and get a fender eliminator.

Objects in mirror are V-twins.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter R and the number 6.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for squids.

Last edited by Chad68; 12-10-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
GaryIII
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad68 View Post
Some of the mods I did to my 1998 FZR 600 were, a side mounted steering damper, Yoshi slip on, Stainless lines and added an aftermarket front brake reservoir/lever assembly so I could adjust the lever LOP. That last mod and the brake lines made a world of difference. The forks were horribly undersprung for me but I never did swap them though i should have.

A free mod you can do it remove the two ~1" thick rubber bushings/spacers from the tail light lens assembly. It will move the lens in that much closer for a cleaner look. Looks much nicer, especially with the factory seat cowl.

Wish I had digital pics of it but only photo's.

Kind of a ricer mod but I found some 2" diameter aluminium ducting for VW's I think (engine heater hose). It makes the intake tubes on the FZR look like the intake tubes from the old ZX750's from the early 90's that dumped down into the top of the gas tank.

Oh and get a fender eliminator.
Chad, how easy is it to remove those rubber spacers? I don't like them and I think it would make my bike look a lot better with it closer to the cowl. The forks on mine are already aftermarket and have a different setting than the stock forks for the FZR. Gonna take a look at my rear signals today.... Im a NOOB at this stuff!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Chad68
My other bike is a Tacoma

Bike: Bitchin' Blue 2012 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryIII View Post
Chad, how easy is it to remove those rubber spacers? I don't like them and I think it would make my bike look a lot better with it closer to the cowl. The forks on mine are already aftermarket and have a different setting than the stock forks for the FZR. Gonna take a look at my rear signals today.... Im a NOOB at this stuff!!
I did this back in like '98. If I recall they are just plain old rubber bushings, similar to what a hardware store would sell. Just take the housing lights nuts off and take out the offending bushings. Maybe the previous owner already took them out? Anyway if you remove the tail light housing, you will see what I mean. They act as a mini bumper I suppose, if you were to smack the taillight against something.

there may be 4 of them and not two. Now that i think about it 4 would make more sense.

Objects in mirror are V-twins.

Today's post was brought to you by the letter R and the number 6.

Silly rabbit, tricks are for squids.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #9
HER6
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM

I did the tail light "mod" too. Did not make a huge difference but good enough for a free change.

I actually have pictures too!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Not sure how different your year is from my old 92... Or if there is any difference.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
HER6
Needs more stars

Bike: 2005 R6, 2006 DRZ400 SM

Found another picture...I flipped over the rubber thing so it could push more...