Skiing or snowboarding - Page 7 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Misc. Section > Non R6 Motorcycle Section

Old 12-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #61
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Re: Skiing or snowboarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenbiker View Post
Its that time again for boarding. Anybody got any trips lined up? Eric(Blanksr6) and I are gonna hit bear mtn next week if anybody wants to come with us for an early start to the season.
I'd consider it if my new gear comes in by then. I refuse to wear the 90's shit again.

And if it wasn't in Cali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackhappy View Post
You guys are riding Bear Mountain... next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
These temp changes suck for any kind of early season riding. Last year we went to Shawnee the days before new year's and it was like 40+, and they only had some trails open. We are going up to VT 2/7-2/10 with Sherman. You should roll up too Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing. View Post
A lot of ski hater's I see.

Now that they have grown balls and are allowed in the SNOWBOARD park, I have some more respect for them. But it's like women's suffrage, Sure, they could vote on day X, but fought for equality and respect until recently.

J/K, I started on skis, but was snowboarding when it first really started to come about in this area (1992ish)...

I'd KILL for that old square tipped green highway 420 board from back then. That thing would be a relic I'd hang on my wall. So sad I destroyed mine at Killington once they started building big table tops.

Sadly, I took about 9 years off boarding until Sherman came to visit.

Not too bad after nearly a decade of getting fat and out of shape tho!!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-

Last edited by ChiefSmokeDawg; 12-11-2012 at 09:27 AM.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #62
Renodezrat
I eat my R6

Both skiing and snowboarding are bad azz!!I started skiing in the early 70's and raced when I was a young whipper snapper then switched over to snowboarding once I knew I was'nt US ski team material and did quite well racing snowboard's( late 80's-90's) won a few state and national championships and met a lot cool people along the way getting to travel the US and Canada. Then went back to ski racing in the early 90's and did quite well. Now I'm lucky if I get out a couple times a year on skis.I haven't been boarded since 2005.
Renodezrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #63
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renodezrat View Post
Both skiing and snowboarding are bad azz!!I started skiing in the early 70's and raced when I was a young whipper snapper then switched over to snowboarding once I knew I was'nt US ski team material and did quite well racing snowboard's( late 80's-90's) won a few state and national championships and met a lot cool people along the way getting to travel the US and Canada. Then went back to ski racing in the early 90's and did quite well. Now I'm lucky if I get out a couple times a year on skis.I haven't been boarded since 2005.

The racing snowboards with the hard boots and pointed forward stance were the SHIT!!

I hadn't been snowboarding in just about 10 years man. Then when Sherman came up, me, him, Ricky, derffred and jmejjia went out over here. Mind you, most places are LUCKY to open by xmas in this area. So we went up to the poconos and rode on the slush for a couple days, but it was awesome and came back to me like riding a bike!

Jump to 9:45 to see a has been attempting to freeride.

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #64
Renodezrat
I eat my R6

Here is a picture from the US Open at Stratton Mtn, in late 80's -early 90's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	us open.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	87425  
Renodezrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #65
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

This is in our back yard.. For snowboarding..

Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #66
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renodezrat View Post
Here is a picture from the US Open at Stratton Mtn, in late 80's -early 90's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
This is in our back yard.. For snowboarding..

I was just thinking about what I can do if we get some snow this year. I live on a mountain and it's all uphill and woods behind my house and into the yard, then off the front patio.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #67
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

I think the obvious answer is to create a table top on the roof of the house.
Ryan5544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
StndIbnz
I eat my R6

Bike: 2001 R6

now that sounds fun!
2001 R6 Frame Sliders - Swing Arm Spools - Tank Protecter - Pit Bull Stands - 6000k HID's - Proton Flush Mounts - Integrated Taillight - 520 DID Chain and Sprokets - Double Bubble Tinted Wind Screen - CRG Levers - Spiegler stainless brake lines
StndIbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #69
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5544 View Post
I think the obvious answer is to create a table top on the roof of the house.

Man, we just don't get snow like we used to over here. I remember every winter we would have FEET of snow. Always big snow banks making corners dangerous, etc.

I don't hope for snow since my driveway and road are super steep, but if we get like 10 inches, I'm blazing an epic trail and will build a jump OVER a snowman. I've fallen off the patio mowing the lawn tipsy before. This should be no different.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #70
StndIbnz
I eat my R6

Bike: 2001 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post

Man, we just don't get snow like we used to over here. I remember every winter we would have FEET of snow. Always big snow banks making corners dangerous, etc.

I don't hope for snow since my driveway and road are super steep, but if we get like 10 inches, I'm blazing an epic trail and will build a jump OVER a snowman. I've fallen off the patio mowing the lawn tipsy before. This should be no different.
I'm with ya, we havent had snow like that in years. I miss it.

Can't wait to build a snowman in my new house! freak the dog out.
2001 R6 Frame Sliders - Swing Arm Spools - Tank Protecter - Pit Bull Stands - 6000k HID's - Proton Flush Mounts - Integrated Taillight - 520 DID Chain and Sprokets - Double Bubble Tinted Wind Screen - CRG Levers - Spiegler stainless brake lines
StndIbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement