Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #281
theturtle7023
Theturtle7023

Bike: 2007 R6S, 2007 R6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg2001 View Post
that was fake... legs and all.
We must be thinking of different videos. I first saw it in like 2002.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #282
Sammy Bono
MY MV EATS MY R6

Bike: The kind you pedal
Re: Farewell Steve

If I made a $50 donation to vendor that was offended could we get our forum cock pocket back?

You know when all else fails just throw money at the problem
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #283
Mario J
I can ban you

Bike: 2013 GRB STi
Send a message via AIM to Mario J

Justin... DRZ400sm or Husky 610?

I <3
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #284
Ryan5544
Suk it, Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Bono View Post
If I made a $50 donation to vendor that was offended could we get our forum cock pocket back?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #285
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Justin... DRZ400sm or Husky 610?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #286
Mario J
I can ban you

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
I want one!

I <3
Old 12-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #287
Mario J
I can ban you

thought I was posting in RESPECT :look:

I <3
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #288
guesswho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
I agree 100% Bryan. It was over some dumbshit! The dumbshit that Steve had been told to knock off for nearly 3 years.
This is being misrepresented quite a bit.. While the first incident happened 3 years ago, it wasn't like there was constant badgering on the topic.. That's why I was so caught off guard to have such a hefty ban laid on me [seemingly] out of the blue. Sometimes we forget shit that happens and things that have been said 3 years ago.. Shit, I don't remember what I had for breakfast Tuesday of last week.

Quote:

I had to spend about 4 hours one night looking at posts to see things and it was basically a I'm not stopping attitude. He was even joking that he was going to get 30K posts before getting banned.. I really don't get it.
At that point I hadn't had any feedback or discussion with Stew past the initial "GTFO" message, so I figured there wasn't anything to be done or said on the matter... I wouldn't read too much into it.

Quote:

I didn't do the ban... I had Stew go in and look at things to make the call, I did look into it all like I mentioned above.. I'm ok with that stuff but when it's a long term guy that contributes like Steve did, I want to have another set of eyes on things.. We call have a lot of fun on here.. I like to act the fool and clown just like everyone else but I can also put myself in check when I know I've reached the limits of something and been asked to stop..
I'd like to remind you again that the last time anything on this topic was brought up was 3 years ago. It's not like people were saying "hey cut the shit" every other week. Like I said, sometimes people forget things that were said 3 years ago.

Quote:

No vendor should be followed around and have to deal with stupid remarks from members..
Let's be clear here-- I wasn't following him around anywhere. We were both in the same thread discussing a topic. It wasn't like I followed him to every thread he posted in or anything even close to that.

Quote:
There's a buyer seller feedback section to state your problem there and let it stand. The whole things was very childish.. I've been asked to lift the ban but it's not gonna happen. I guess 3 years of doing what we asked him to stop doing
See above. We talked about this 3 years ago, one time.

Quote:
and running around and laughing about it to others finally reached it's point...
Running around and laughing about it wasn't me taking it seriously, it was just me doing what I always do, about everything... I discuss and use heavy sarcasm. I'm sorry if that was lost on those reviewing the posts.

Quote:
Anyways there's nothing to debate... I wanted to put up a post so there wasn't some persona that the evil admin ran around and popped someone for the hell of it.. It had been going on for a long time..

-Shane
Shane, I just want you to know that I'm not angry or bitter about what went down, but I think that if you see things from my point of view you'll get a better understanding of the situation.. Were some things said that shouldn't have been said? Yes, and I'm sorry it got to that point.. Sometimes I get carried away when I'm feeling very passionate about something... But again, it's not like this was an every-other-week occurrence.. I had my wrists slapped once three years ago, then have been relatively well behaved since then.. I set a toe over the line and all of a sudden I'm getting a year-long vacation?

At the end of the day it's yours and Stew's decision to make; and if, after seeing things from my side of the coin, you feel that the original vacation duration is justified then I will not log onto the forum until that ban is lifted [from ANY account]... This place has been more than just a website to me since joining in 2008, it's grown to be more of a second home. Regardless, a ban is a ban.

Either way, no hard feelings. You're just doing what you think is right, and I can't fault you for that. :

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Bono View Post

If you do that, I swear to god, I will never speak to you again.

Last edited by guesswho; 12-12-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #289
Sammy Bono
MY MV EATS MY R6

Bike: The kind you pedal

Answer your text messages cock!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #290
TinyDancer
Resident Bulgarian

Bike: '12 R6

Good post Steve. A year long ban is ****ed up for someone with as significant of a presence as the one you had on here. If someone with substantially less contribution wants to say otherwise, as long as they have the authority, i guess they can...but in my eyes, this is just a matter of poor authoritative judgement.

KCCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread