» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #61
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones
Re: 8 second 1/4 mile on E85.....in a VW......

Quote:
Originally Posted by My94GT View Post
no joke, look at building a 10.5 radial car to compete with and your set back enough to buy a house i was in and out of the drag racing in a few years, just too much to build when i was younger.

theres still something fun about watching heads up racing, but yea some of those bracket racers can drive their ass off.
yeah, heads up is fun if you can build an 8 second car and afford to race it. Who wants to watch a 15 second index class....
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #62
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
I've seen fcuking station wagons beat me for the purse on street car night for the brackets. I have also lost to a Cherokee sport once as well.

This car is VERY consistent for such an oldie. 13.4's all night! It's pretty wicked off the line for a small block too

But racing a #'s matching classic isn't what I'm lookin to do anymore. I did pickup a lowering link for the 08 tho. I hope to have some fun with it before rebuilding the clutch for the season opener

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #63
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
I've seen fcuking station wagons beat me for the purse on street car night for the brackets. I have also lost to a Cherokee sport once as well.

This car is VERY consistent for such an oldie. 13.4's all night! It's pretty wicked off the line for a small block too

But racing a #'s matching classic isn't what I'm lookin to do anymore. I did pickup a lowering link for the 08 tho. I hope to have some fun with it before rebuilding the clutch for the season opener

I dont mind matching numbers when the bike is money and the purse is decent.... And lets face it, at brackets, MPH is KING!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #64
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
LOL yah, my Dad loves old cars.

I'm not that into drag racing, but most of the car guys locally are so we go with them . Not too mention it's a lot less expensive with our car then road racing LOL. Road Racing or drag and I enjoy it. When it comes to cars I'm not really THAT into any type, but I kinda like it all evenly.

I take that back...I hate bracket "racing" with a passion lol. Other then that I don't mind any type really.
Drag strips are always slicker than the road unless its real hot out. My firebird puts rubber down into 3rd (built automatic) on the strip but only leave slight marks on the street hitting 3rd.

You should be all about bracket racing!! You'd be giving someone like me in that 69 SS a good 3 full seconds head start and then chase me down!! It's as fun as chasing someone down the straight to outbreak em for turn 1!!!

Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #65
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
I dont mind matching numbers when the bike is money and the purse is decent.... And lets face it, at brackets, MPH is KING!
the 69 does 102.5-102.7 all night. Not a huge feat of excellence, but I built it when I was 14! .

It's a street build with like 114 degree can (.5 inch lift tho) and no roller top end, etc. still does 6k all night!

If I don't part out this firebird I hope to get back on the strip again this spring. That car blew the trans and spun 3 gears and did 107.xx all night at like 13.4

Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #66
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

I may try it. Never really thought it would be much fun. Yah, I was shocked at our car sliding all over. Got some Michelin PSS tires on the way that should hook pretty well. Going with larger tires as well 285/295 combo. Hoping to hook better because I swear I may piss my pants if I end up staring at the wall again at about 5xmph.

Chief: you ever ran any of your bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Drag strips are always slicker than the road unless its real hot out. My firebird puts rubber down into 3rd (built automatic) on the strip but only leave slight marks on the street hitting 3rd.

You should be all about bracket racing!! You'd be giving someone like me in that 69 SS a good 3 full seconds head start and then chase me down!! It's as fun as chasing someone down the straight to outbreak em for turn 1!!!

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #67
KBkilla
slouche

Bike: 2012 R6

A 1.8L spooling that big ass turbo to 50+ psi? is this real life??? fuuuuuarrrrrrrrk!
KBkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #68
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBkilla View Post
A 1.8L spooling that big ass turbo to 50+ psi? is this real life??? fuuuuuarrrrrrrrk!
Dude, they had air cooled VW beetles turning 9s in the 80s.... A car 10 years newer 30 years later with newer tech isnt all THAT impressive.... In the 80s, Group B Rally racing cars were accomplishing similar horsepower levels in little hatchbacks and RALLYING them. Group B was so hairball that they ended up cutting the class. look it up, shit is NUTS. Basically they are driving more powerful cars that did everything worse than Ken Block's gymkhana cars and trying to keep them on the right path on all sorts of terrain. Gnarly.

And 102 mph is decent on that old boat Chief.... The bike is running right at 130-131 right now and the 60' hasnt been that great. Its a little slower with me on it, usually right at 128.... Its crazy, I hit a 1.61 60' on it last time we had it out and went 10.347 @ 127.9. Next pass, my wife gets on it, goes 1.67 and runs 9.91 @ 131. She had a slower 60' and still ran .4 faster because I weigh like 110lbs more... And its auto air shift so there was no rider error there. I even hit the 330 a full tenth before she did.

Next time, Im taking the quacker.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #69
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

damn. Your wife can ride.

Our awd was cutting 1.9's our tires sucked so bad. I didn't think the runflats would be that bad being we had awd, but the first time to the strip proved me very wrong.

redisdeadrideblue: What air shift are you using if you don't mind?

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #70
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
damn. Your wife can ride.

Our awd was cutting 1.9's our tires sucked so bad. I didn't think the runflats would be that bad being we had awd, but the first time to the strip proved me very wrong.

redisdeadrideblue: What air shift are you using if you don't mind?
She has cut a perfect light before too. As in .000. She was a local champ in the sportsman class, and an import car class. The girl is ice fcuking cold at the strip. She'll look you in the eye and tell you she's going to fcuk you up and makes you believe it. I dont think Ive ever beat her at brackets, only heads up when its full on right off the showroom floor bikes.

I run an MPS air shift with an MPS auto shift rpm based box. NO, I wont tell you how to fix the problem of the chips not being big enough. Dont ask me. I had to figure it out just like everyone else. But the MPS stuff is awesome. Probably worth 2 tenths, maybe even 3. And when you dont have to watch the tach, you can watch the other guy and pedal him. You can look him right in the eye and beat him, and both he and you know that you are pedaling him and there isnt a damn thing he can do about it. THIS is why MPH is king. Doesnt really work that great on 8 second bikes though because they come up so fast that you really cant even hear them until its too late. I also have to give Factory Pro mad props for their shift kit. I wont go into why its awesome, because I dont like to give away too much free info I had to pay dearly for, but rest assured, its worth the $180 and will pay for itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement