» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > South West

Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #111
ImThatGuy83
My R6 eats me.

Re: Phoenix, AZ Riders?

I'm never packing this bike away haha... Its my daily commuter, I guess I'll just have to adapt to the weather lol..

For anyone who is interested I made a public google map that we can pin our locations on. This way we can get a general idea of where everyone is located. QR6 I saw you posted earlier you live arround 51st & Baseline so I threw a pin in the map for ya, hope ya dont mind haha...

Here's the link: easy directions on how to pin are on the left hand side of the page

http://goo.gl/maps/rdg9j

Mike
ImThatGuy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #112
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

I don't mind. Thanks! How can I edit it though?
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #113
ImThatGuy83
My R6 eats me.

Appearently I didn't know you must be logged into any google account in order to edit it. Prob won't be a problem for alot of people who have a google account. But if someone doesn't, they can just post here and anyone else can add them..

Once you are logged into a google account on your computer, just open the page and then the directions on the page make sense haha There is no EDIT button unless you've logged in...
ImThatGuy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #114
inv3nt
...for me to poop on

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Silaxin View Post
I always do... We camp, grill out and shit, all that... Usually I end up sleeping in someone's trailer, toy hauler, etc... Or sometimes Roger let's people crash in the tower. Either way... You're looking at trackdays. I'd recommend the school which actually has coaching for you new guys. It'll teach you about the bike, riding, and the track. I went out originally to two track weekends and sucked, ended up wrecking because of it. I had no idea what I was doing, just going out trying to teach myself... That is just a waist if you ask me. I would HIGHLY recommend getting some coaching, taking the class, so you are taught, and can then refine the skills. Doing it ass backwards like I did sucks... I mean there will be guys that will take you out on trackdays and lead you around and such, but nothing like the coaching that's offered. I'll be doing that 2 day school in February. It is totally worth the money, and will get you guys new to this, headed in the right direction. I'm no stud out there, with only 3 weekends under my belt, I'm still a track nOOb. But that 2-day school will help that much more. Taking it early in the season will also be ideal, so the rest of the year you can use trackdays to get better at what you were taught. That's just my recommendation, because I did it the wrong way, and my second weekend out, I highsided... I was taking HORRIBLE lines, and making mistakes, and I was God awfull slow. Taking the class will get you to where you want to be MUCH faster. Even after the one day school I was out there burnin it up... 10-20 seconds faster then I had been running, yet still nowhere near the 1:15's and lower the faster guys run... That's just my opinion... Take it as you will. But coaching, and having someone follow you and give you feedback in the pits on what you're doing well, and what you need to work on will make you that much better, WAAAY faster... I learned more in the 1-day school then the couple other trackdays I had done prior... I'll be there on the February 9-10 for the 2-day school, that's what I would highly recommend for you guys that want to hit the track as well... They have military discounts, and discounts for new guys as well, along with suits, and in this 2-day school, they'll help you get your bike set up. That along with a real good group of guys, it's hard to beat. As well as a smaller, more intimate environment, not like HUGE tracks that can be extremely intimidating. Even at Arroyo, my first weekend out, I was real timid... Going to the track does that regardless. Being in a smaller, tighter knit group is so much better, and doesn't add to the anxiety of it all... I'm not one to be intimidated either, but I was out there... Assuming all these fast guys had no interest in helping me out, so I kept to myself... Enough rambling on... Arroyo Seco is awesome... I'll be there Feb 9-10 to start out the year... Then trackdays and race weekends following that...

http://www.arroyosecoraceway.com/adv...hools2012.html
For sure, I'm right there with you. The intent has always been to hit up a school to get the basics down. Reading Twist of the Wrist I/II can only do you so much good before you need some face-to-face coaching to take you the whole nine yards. The fact they offer full suits for rent is nice, as well... cause I certainly don't have the moolah to burn on a full suit now! I'm assuming that the even though the site shows "2012 Schedule" at the bottom for the Feb 9-10 school days, that that's going to be 2013? The weekend dates match up (Sat and Sun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImThatGuy83 View Post
Appearently I didn't know you must be logged into any google account in order to edit it. Prob won't be a problem for alot of people who have a google account. But if someone doesn't, they can just post here and anyone else can add them..

Once you are logged into a google account on your computer, just open the page and then the directions on the page make sense haha There is no EDIT button unless you've logged in...
Great idea..! Pinned.
inv3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #115
inv3nt
...for me to poop on

Bike: 08 R6

But I'm definitely interested in the school days in February... if anyone else in town is interested in going we should definitely get some chatter going so we can figure out logistics. Since I have no truck or trailer, all I can offer is gas moneys and slightly inappropriate humor for the ride.

If not, based on what someone else said earlier we can always run Arizona Motorsports Parkway with groups like Xcel? What other groups are there?
inv3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #116
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Bike: 2007 R6-Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
Can you camp out at the track? The site says Feb. 2nd and 3rd. New signature is sick BTW.
Some people camp out, and on Saturdays of the race weekend they have a cookout pot-luck style. My mates and I stay at a hotel though, it's a 20min drive from the track and its 50$/night-split between 2 peopl its only 25$ a night. IMO there's something to be said for a hot shower and soft bed after 8 hours of pushing it. There is not a tired equel to the tired you feel after a intense TD AND racing sore and with a hangover is a BITCH

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
tuscani451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #117
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3nt View Post
But I'm definitely interested in the school days in February... if anyone else in town is interested in going we should definitely get some chatter going so we can figure out logistics. Since I have no truck or trailer, all I can offer is gas moneys and slightly inappropriate humor for the ride.

If not, based on what someone else said earlier we can always run Arizona Motorsports Parkway with groups like Xcel? What other groups are there?
I would like to go and I have the trailer and 8 passenger to haul us. Of course if im transporting all I ask in return is gas money. I know my bike won't pass the db sound test at AMP and I don't have an extra exhaust to swap out. I will have new tires by then and a gopro for Christmas. Let's try to make this happen.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #118
monster23
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2000 R6

Just pinned myself on the map
monster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #119
ImThatGuy83
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster23 View Post
Just pinned myself on the map
Nice... You weren't kidding, your just down the road...

Inv3nt: I stole your motorcycle icon on the map and changed everyone haha, sorry your not special anymore
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #120
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven

Quote:
For sure, I'm right there with you. The intent has always been to hit up a school to get the basics down. Reading Twist of the Wrist I/II can only do you so much good before you need some face-to-face coaching to take you the whole nine yards. The fact they offer full suits for rent is nice, as well... cause I certainly don't have the moolah to burn on a full suit now! I'm assuming that the even though the site shows "2012 Schedule" at the bottom for the Feb 9-10 school days, that that's going to be 2013? The weekend dates match up (Sat and Sun).

Great idea..! Pinned.
Yeah the suits are just to borrow, you don't have to pay to rent them or anything. The 2013 schedule is up, and days for the race school on the site. You are correct, Feb 9-10 is the first 2-day school of the season. You guys should all hash it out and make plans!

Quote:

Never run with Xcel, but hope to next year! I'd love to get out to AMP... Just trying to get used to track riding in general at a smaller place like Arroyo, get some seat time in so I'm a bit more experienced before I head to unfamiliar tracks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
Some people camp out, and on Saturdays of the race weekend they have a cookout pot-luck style. My mates and I stay at a hotel though, it's a 20min drive from the track and its 50$/night-split between 2 peopl its only 25$ a night. IMO there's something to be said for a hot shower and soft bed after 8 hours of pushing it. There is not a tired equel to the tired you feel after a intense TD AND racing sore and with a hangover is a BITCH
I never knew that... Course like I said, I usually crash in someone's camper or trailer, especially race weekends this year... I hot shower would be ideal though overnight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
I would like to go and I have the trailer and 8 passenger to haul us. Of course if im transporting all I ask in return is gas money. I know my bike won't pass the db sound test at AMP and I don't have an extra exhaust to swap out. I will have new tires by then and a gopro for Christmas. Let's try to make this happen.
You guys should make it happen in February! Make a thread and hash out the details! It'd be awesome to have some more forum guys come out! I me be draggin a local bud out with me next year as well... I just think he's being a pussy about it... so we'll see if he comes...

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement