My Laguna Seca 2010 Pics & Vids : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > General Discussions

Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
orange_dog
goofball royale

Bike: 2005 Raven R6
My Laguna Seca 2010 Pics & Vids

A little late posting these but thought I'd put 'em up anyway. My buddies and I ponied up and got hospitality packs for the whole weekend which included grandstand seats with the big TV (so we could see what was happening on the 70% of the track we couldn't see), paddock passes, parking and most importantly food + unlimited beer in the Flag Room tent. I took my cameras and snapped about 1200 shots + some video.

Earl Hayden on the right, me on the left in a horrible straw hat (dunno what I was thinking). Totally cool guy and Nicky's mom was in the back behind the counter. This was at his "Earl's Racing Team" stand, selling t-shirts and other stuff for his sons.

Here are some vids I took with my little point and shoot camera:

Free practice 1 - took this mostly for the sound (my crappy little mic doesn't do the loudness justice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZoTnfuRKI

Morning warm up - again, mostly for the sound but look how fast they get off that corner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wul7mCN0b1E

For comparison, this is some video of qualifying from 2006 when they were still 990cc. The 990s were definitely louder and had a much deeper sound. Sorry for the shakycam action but the sound is what I was after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-gKxJe3eAs

Lap 1 of the race from our seats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfHlpfctTnc

Lap 12 of the race from our seats, Pedrosa is in the dirt at the very end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQan4ZRm60

Last edited by orange_dog; 08-05-2010 at 12:10 PM.
orange_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
ROAD RASH
Formerly Stealth Raven

Bike: 2009 yellow R1
Re: My Laguna Seca 2010 Pics & Vids

amazing shots
Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
nsfallen
I eat my R6

great pics! i watched that race on tv and i've always wanted to go there. i've always wanted to know what it feels like to go thru the corkscrew because it looks twice as insane with the bikes than it does with cars
Old 08-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
Carbon_R6
EMT/FF/Rider

Bike: '00 R6, '03 Track R6

Nice camera and pics man.
Current - Two Brothers Exhaust, Smoked Windscreen & Flushmounts, Driven 520 Conversion (Red Chain/Black Sprockets), FDB Black Shorty Levers, 3k/6k HID, 50th GP Anniversary Fairings, Factory Pro Jet Stage 1, Stomp Grip, Galfer Brake Lines (Red), Targa Cowl
Future - GPR Steering Damp, '02 Tail Light Conversion, Etc.
Carbon_R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Carbon_R6
EMT/FF/Rider

Bike: '00 R6, '03 Track R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsfallen View Post
great pics! i watched that race on tv and i've always wanted to go there. i've always wanted to know what it feels like to go thru the corkscrew because it looks twice as insane with the bikes than it does with cars
Crazy fun. I did the parade lap and was able to ride it. definitely one of those moments
Current - Two Brothers Exhaust, Smoked Windscreen & Flushmounts, Driven 520 Conversion (Red Chain/Black Sprockets), FDB Black Shorty Levers, 3k/6k HID, 50th GP Anniversary Fairings, Factory Pro Jet Stage 1, Stomp Grip, Galfer Brake Lines (Red), Targa Cowl
Future - GPR Steering Damp, '02 Tail Light Conversion, Etc.
Carbon_R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
nsfallen
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_R6 View Post
Crazy fun. I did the parade lap and was able to ride it. definitely one of those moments
u have no idea how jealous i am haha. i'll have to stick with doing it on that old ps2 sportbike game for the meantime haha