» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #1
LAsFinest1118
I eat my R6

Bike: '06 R6
Digital Camera Help

Well long story short I need a new camera. My was unfortunately taken. I know there are alot of people who love taking pictures and I always look to you guys (the forum family) for all my expert advise. I don't want to name drop because I don't want to leave anyone out but I know alot of you have great expertise in this field.

All I really need is a good resolution digital camera that I can take easy on the go with me and take action as well as still shots well. I was eyeing this one but I don't really know anything about cameras so any insight or suggestions would be great. Thanks

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0911/09111801casioexg1.asp
LAsFinest1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
CoRNDoG R6
STOP riding the BRAKES!

Bike: '07 R6
Re: Digital Camera Help

That camera you looked at isnt too bad. My only thing is, I think it's a bit too high for a point & shoot. I wouldn't pay more than $150 for one of those cameras. Yeah, it's got 12mp capabilities, but unless your doing poster sized prints, you really don't need anything higher than a 7mp. I've always used Sony cyber shots for my point & shot cameras and I think they are great. You should PM Phantom so he can show you how good of a camera Sony cyber shot can be.

But in all, if your set on that casio, it's a good camera choice.

.:2007 R6 TOTALED:.
CoRNDoG R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
LAsFinest1118
I eat my R6

Bike: '06 R6

Thanks alot. I am not really set on any camera. Just heard about it and thought the durability features were pretty cool. I saw some of Phantom's work the other day in a thread and it was pretty good. I really appreciate the advice. Thanks alot.
LAsFinest1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
blue03r6
doing your fat girlfriend

Bike: 03 R6

let me just point out it's just a point and shoot...just because it has 12mp doesn't mean it will take great pictures. it will never take pictures like a DSLR etc. or one that has a larger lens.
if quick, ok looking pictures are all you are after it fits the bill.

if you would like much better pictures but don't want the high end cameras, one like this is your best option
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...sio_exfh20.asp
blue03r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue03r6 View Post
let me just point out it's just a point and shoot...just because it has 12mp doesn't mean it will take great pictures. it will never take pictures like a DSLR etc. or one that has a larger lens.
if quick, ok looking pictures are all you are after it fits the bill.

if you would like much better pictures but don't want the high end cameras, one like this is your best option
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...sio_exfh20.asp
+1

DSLR's are the shiz.. I have the Nikon D3000 and LOVE it!

I have a 12 MP Sony Cybershot. Takes excellent pictures, and HD video as well.. It takes pretty crappy action shots though. The higher MP ratings on the point and shoots are nice, cause you can zoom and crop the pics after you take them and still get decent shots. All the point and shoot cams have pretty much no zoom..

The camera linked above is definitely more up to par for action shots, and high quality pics in general. It's a tough decision cause the DSLR, or any camera with a larger lens isn't very portable.
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
ZjR326
Motorcycle Drive By

Bike: A fast one
Send a message via AIM to ZjR326

+1 on DSLR, but that's what I'm into, not point and shoot.

I've got the Cannon T1i, and I couldn't be happier with it. Higher price, but worth it in the end, to me at least.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-+...&skuId=9318954

So, don't lose your heaven. Don't convince yourself you're done. Just cause the things around you seem heavy, doesn't mean you can't get off this ground.

My 2nd Love

O-H
ZjR326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
thatr6chick
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 Pearl White R6

If you're going for a rugged point and shoot type...I have an Olympus Stylus Series camera. It was issued to me for work and I love it! It's thin enough that I can fit in my pants pocket. It has been dropped, stepped on, beat up, etc. and still works awesome. It's water proof up to 30 ft, so you can take it underwater...but better yet...if something gets on the lens or the cover starts getting sluggish closing, per the directions, you hold it under the faucet and turn it on and off. I have the 1030W model, but I'm sure there's newer ones out there since mine is a few years old.

FACEBOOK

"For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother”. ~Shakespeare~

RIP my brother, SSgt Bryan Berky KIA 12SEP09 Afghanistan
thatr6chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
chizm-ite
My bike needs salt.

Bike: '04 R6 Limited.
Send a message via AIM to chizm-ite Send a message via Yahoo to chizm-ite

I have the Cybershot DSC-W220 and I like it. I haven't learned to use it to it's potential, but I really have enjoyed it. Just received it as a gift and haven't read the instructin book yet. LOL.

"Those aren't saddlebags, that's my ass."

Kimmie loves you sweet boys.

Bitchin' sig by Phantomx

Last edited by chizm-ite; 02-05-2010 at 11:22 PM.
chizm-ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I don't think digital camera is advisable to use if you are going to take action shots, why you don't try to switch with action camera, it is preferable and comfortable to use and it is built in action shots.
cool story sis......
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

I know this is a nearly 3-year old resurrected thread ... but what in the double donkey is an action camera?
Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement