What suspension do you have? - Page 4 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Suspension settings

Old 12-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #31
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50
Re: What suspension do you have?

On or 2011 bikes we use RaceTech 25 mil cartridges with their extender kit up front and their shock out back. Very good results.
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #32
Renodezrat
I eat my R6

For those of you that are looking for a great rear shock that will fit 08-12 R6 check out the JRI's I know they have a couple of take off's that have been serviced and are ready to go with your correct spring for your weight. For short money compaired to a new one.

JRi refurbished motorcycle shocks are now available! These shocks are totally rebuilt and updated. Each shock has very little run time. Get yours before they run out!!!
2008-2012 YZFR6, Triple Adjustable, Used 1 season, $775.00ea ONLY 2 LEFT!!!

Give Tim Godshall call at JRI 704-660-8346

Last edited by Renodezrat; 12-12-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Renodezrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renodezrat View Post
For those of you that are looking for a great rear shock that will fit 08-12 R6 check out the JRI's I know they have a couple of take off's that have been serviced and are ready to go with your correct spring for your weight. For short money compaired to a new one.

JRi refurbished motorcycle shocks are now available! These shocks are totally rebuilt and updated. Each shock has very little run time. Get yours before they run out!!!
2008-2012 YZFR6, Triple Adjustable, Used 1 season, $775.00ea ONLY 2 LEFT!!!

Give Tim Godshall call at JRI 704-660-8346

THis is a STEAL.. the JRi shocks are awesome. I sold my Ohlins TTX shocks after trying these. WAY lighter that the Ohlins or Penske shocks too. Like way lighter. And FYI?? I'm a Jri "support" rider and paid more than $775 each for the 2 shocks i have.. just saying. That is a smokin deal on the shock that is TAKING OVER roadracing.

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #34
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
THis is a STEAL.. the JRi shocks are awesome. I sold my Ohlins TTX shocks after trying these. WAY lighter that the Ohlins or Penske shocks too. Like way lighter. And FYI?? I'm a Jri "support" rider and paid more than $775 each for the 2 shocks i have.. just saying. That is a smokin deal on the shock that is TAKING OVER roadracing.
I have heard a lot of good things about JRi lately. Same with KTech. Seems that Ktech is a smidge more popular out on this coast at the moment though. And lighter suspension parts? YES PLEASE.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
DanQ
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6

Quote:
Been watching these for a little while. I'd love to tune on one, or better yet ride on one. Hardracing is running a sale on them right now. I'd do one even over the stuff I sell. But I'm too darn broke these days being a new grandpa and all.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #36
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

Quote:
Down boy...down!
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
Down boy...down!
taking over? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
I have heard a lot of good things about JRi lately. Same with KTech. Seems that Ktech is a smidge more popular out on this coast at the moment though. And lighter suspension parts? YES PLEASE.
holding the ttx ohlins in one hand, and the JRi in the other, it was simply silly how much lighter the JRi felt.

My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee

Last edited by MELK-MAN; 12-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
Been watching these for a little while. I'd love to tune on one, or better yet ride on one. Hardracing is running a sale on them right now. I'd do one even over the stuff I sell. But I'm too darn broke these days being a new grandpa and all.
grandpa? that's awesome.. ! keep riding man.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #39
WildBill420
billdozer

Bike: 2011 R6

all stock as of now, but that might be changing with the holidays around...
WildBill420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #40
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
all stock as of now, but that might be changing with the holidays around...
I have all stock now and got maxima 10w in the forks back in October. I still haven't rode it around to see the difference it had from the 4 year old over 20,000 miles stock fork oil.............

The rear shock still has the old oil in it to I think. Of course I've never ridden at a track yet so it wasn't a big deal just cruising around on the streets.

Terry, if you see this, I've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting, how dirty was the old fork oil?
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement