Development of shad0ws - Page 12 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #111
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Bike: '09 R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill420 View Post
I was watching the video over at Chief's last night, awesome riding out there shadOws!!! your smooth and progressing well with only a few td's under your belt. keep it up!

and that track looks like hella fun!
Thanks dozer. It was pretty fun man. Short but very physically challenging. I was sore as crap the day after. Looking forward to getting back up there with you guys.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #112
robthezombie
Giggity

Bike: 07 r6 raven
Thumbs up Re: Development of shad0ws

Thanks for documenting this. You may have not started out doing a write up but this one turned out great. Ive been thinking about installing a y-pipe but everywhere else it was seeming complicated and i couldnt really find a detailed step by step how to. Im gonna try this out i think, now that it seems way easier.
robthezombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #113
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Re: Development of shad0ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthezombie View Post
Thanks for documenting this. You may have not started out doing a write up but this one turned out great. Ive been thinking about installing a y-pipe but everywhere else it was seeming complicated and i couldnt really find a detailed step by step how to. Im gonna try this out i think, now that it seems way easier.
Yeah man, no problem. I tried to take as many pictures as I could because I wanted something for people to refer to as I know there isn't much out there showing to do it. It's really not bad at all, just remember. Get yourself an electric grinder, it will save you alot of time over an air grinder.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #114
robthezombie
Giggity

Im rather new to riding and just getting to learn how to ride. I picked up a cheap hotbodies slashcut, trying to save money. If i did what you did do you think I would lose tons of power until I got a pc? I Dont want to lose power by trying to gain power. Or should I wait until I have the pc to do it all at once?
Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #115
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

If you run a slash cut muffler like that I wouldn't recommend removing the honeycomb. You'll loose all your back pressure. Any time of tune is always going to be your best option after doing exhaust. I'm no tuning and engine guru but you notice any thing substancial other than sound without an exhaust. Bike not run ideally either.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #116
robthezombie
Giggity

OK so if I just put on an m4 y pipe with that exhaust and left in the cat I would still increase my volume and get some performance? And rock that until I can afford the good stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #117
wutsup
Yeah Science!

Bike: gixxer chrome edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthezombie View Post
OK so if I just put on an m4 y pipe with that exhaust and left in the cat I would still increase my volume and get some performance? And rock that until I can afford the good stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com Free App
It's going to be a straight pipe, so yea, it's going to be stupid loud.
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
Then you need worse brakes, not better ones. I suggest adding some air to your lines and spraying your pads with wd-40 before you go out. You'll find all kinds of corner speed.
wutsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #118
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6
Emailed Mae back!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 AM   #119
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
Emailed Mae back!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Ahhh sick man. I hope it's what we talked about. I'm super stoked about it too. Thanks again my dude.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App
Old 01-25-2013, 11:42 PM   #120
shad0ws
I have 2 belly buttons.

Oh wow, been a long time since I've updated this thread. Well here goes, bike has just been sitting for a while now. Been working on upgrading my gear and some equipment on the bike very slowly.

So black friday came along I decided it was time for another set of gloves and better boots. Picked these up during some good deals. And man oh man, after wearing the held's for a little bit I can't say I'll every buy anything other than held. The gaerne's are damn nice too, a definite upgrade from my Alpinestar boots.

In other news, I finally convinced my best friend to ride track with me. We started scouring the wera forums for track bikes for a decently low price and this is what he ended up with. 05 GSXR750

He got the bike and a bunch of extra's including an extra set of new race fairings for $2700. Bike is already fully safety wired and set up to pass WERA tech. So now I finally have someone to split cost with.

I've been eyeing tire warmers for a little while now as I would like to enjoy most of my time on the track and for the future when I need them. Got ahold of Chief at BAUCE Racing (who is the man, if you didn't already know ) and picked up a set of Woodcraft Dual-Temp Warmers. I've heard nothing but good things about these so it was kind of a no brainer for me.

Now as most of you know I've been trying to get the bike painted now for a while. I picked up most of my paint and what not and began the hunt for the yamaha blue so I wouldn't have to paint the tank. Chief was able to help me out on this and I came to the conclusion that to match it right, it would cost more money than I was willing to spend on another quart of paint. So anyways, the past few weeks I've been in contact with a guy out of Richmond who paints race bikes (AMA) and I should be taking my fairings and what paint I have to him in the next few weeks to get painted.

I'll be differing from my original render a bit because of the whole Yamaha Blue thing but it will still be flourescent yellow and black.

Now for some Xmas goodies. Gave my mom Chief's business card and told her to surprise me for christmas. They did an awesome job communicating about what I needed and I ended up with a set of springs for my weight for the forks and the Ohlins Fork Piston Kit. Was contemplating on installing them myself but I found a guy about 2 hours away who specializes in road race and dirt bike race suspension who gave me a pretty good quote on the job. Actually leaving tomorrow to drop them off at his shop for the install.

Everything is moving right along now and I can't wait for this upcoming season. Already took a week of vacation for Road Atlanta with NESBA the last week in May and I'll be at VIR on April 16th. Super pumped about getting back out on track tearing up some rubber.

How she sits now...