Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > Local Scene > South West

Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Bike: 2007 R6-Race
Re: PHX Riders ASMA Rider's School Feb 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3nt View Post
I'm in. Wish I had new tires instead of stock qualifiers but they'll have to do. Id be more than happy to chip in on gas for those driving. What do we have to do to prep for track (safety wire oil valve etc.)?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Good question, as i recall it's oil drain bolt, oil filter, oil fill cap and dip stick. We can plan a garage do if needed to get everyone sorted but safety wiring doesnt take long.

I'm really stoked about you guys getting out there, it'll be a blast

PS I may have more take-offs by then as well

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
tuscani451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscani451 View Post
Good question, as i recall it's oil drain bolt, oil filter, oil fill cap and dip stick. We can plan a garage do if needed to get everyone sorted but safety wiring doesnt take long.

We definitely need to do a garage day to get everyone's bike somewhat ready before Feb. so we don't end up at the track forgetting something. I have a decent amount of tools, compressor and welder, but no experience track prepping a bike. If tuscani451 isn't willing to host, I can.

I plan on putting new Power Pures on my Marchesini's after the new year and will put my used Pures on my stock wheels. Won't have money to buy any extra gear before Feb. Plus I want to do a brake fluid upgrade. Man, I hope I can swing this trip. Getting expensive already!

I'm 5'10", 34x30/32 and size 10.5/11 boots for those that have extra gear. I have an icon back protector, but none of my other street gear is compatible for the track including my shorty icon gloves.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
inv3nt
...for me to poop on

Bike: 08 R6
In for a track prep day. Will definitely have to get that all sorted out. And some tape for the headlights!!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
We definitely need to do a garage day to get everyone's bike somewhat ready before Feb. so we don't end up at the track forgetting something. I have a decent amount of tools, compressor and welder, but no experience track prepping a bike. If tuscani451 isn't willing to host, I can.

I plan on putting new Power Pures on my Marchesini's after the new year and will put my used Pures on my stock wheels. Won't have money to buy any extra gear before Feb. Plus I want to do a brake fluid upgrade. Man, I hope I can swing this trip. Getting expensive already!

I'm 5'10", 34x30/32 and size 10.5/11 boots for those that have extra gear. I have an icon back protector, but none of my other street gear is compatible for the track including my shorty icon gloves.
I'm down to host, but im also in Queen Creek and I think most of yall are on the west side?

Sound like you are similar to my size so hopefully gear should work.

What's the brake fluid upgrade?

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
QR6
PHX-602

Bike: 2007 R6

Quote:
I'm down to host, but im also in Queen Creek and I think most of yall are on the west side?

Sound like you are similar to my size so hopefully gear should work.

What's the brake fluid upgrade?
Queen Creek is far when I'm in my truck. I don't mind riding the bike out there. Group ride???

Motul rbf600 and a SBK reservoir kit since my stock rear reservoir is now zip tied due to rear sets.
ASMA #26 early retirement
My build thread:
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286
http://instagram.com/gfk602

QR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Great!! If we dont get enough R6 people I will start rounding up Triumph guys too. I have buddy who has a 16 foot enclosed trailer and a diesel truck with a long bed so if he goes we will really set for travel and pitting. We can figure logistics out once we get a head count. I tell yall straight up though, Im too old to sleep in the trailer, I'm getting a hotel room!!! lol

I also will have extra leathers, 2 sets of boots, a pair of gloves, a extra back protector and even some good take-offs with a lot of life left in them. For all that is wholly if you need tires lmk, Adam will testify to their importance at the track, and I hate to see you have a bad time bc of shitty rubber.
Yessir... Rubber is where its at... Id say the most important thing, besides a well set-up bike. I swapped out the tires I wrecked and went with Pirelli SP's, so I can have a fluid transition to the SC race compounds... I'm siked about this! Hope you guys can all work it out and we can have a blast at the track! Lief, I may be willing to split a room if you want to split, just let me know...

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
SlickXR6
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Attack R6

I'd be down for ASMA, def need to get the biked prepped. Pretty awesome of you guys to offer up your traveling and mechanic services

Look forward to hooking up with you guys.
SlickXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
tuscani451
I finish 4th

Great, I'm excited. So the list so far:

1. Tuscani451
2. SlickXR6
3. OR6
4. inv3nt

Thats enough to get the discounted price.

If yall know anyone else who's interested lmk. QR6 we will most liekly want to use your truck since it can handle more people and gear

ASMA#451 Low and Slow
CVMA#451
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
inv3nt
...for me to poop on

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:

Might need to borrow some rubbers...! I'm pushing 6K on the stockers and since I haven't made it to the track yet, I haven't felt the need to change them (and probably won't before Feb).

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR6 View Post
Queen Creek is far when I'm in my truck. I don't mind riding the bike out there. Group ride???

Motul rbf600 and a SBK reservoir kit since my stock rear reservoir is now zip tied due to rear sets.
Group ride!
inv3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
R-Silaxin
Track=Cocaine

Bike: 06 R-6 Deathraven
Quote:
Great, I'm excited. So the list so far:

1. Tuscani451
2. SlickXR6
3. OR6
4. inv3nt

Thats enough to get the discounted price.

If yall know anyone else who's interested lmk. QR6 we will most liekly want to use your truck since it can handle more people and gear
Oh so I don't count? Fcuk you'z guyz...

Guess since I'm not from Phoenix I'm not cool enough...

I'm going to enjoy blowing by you guys...

Let's make this an epic weekend! It'll be here before we know it...
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/user/adam2cox
MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...79&ref=tn_tnmn

MY XBL GAMERTAG: AmericanGingers
R-Silaxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement