8 second 1/4 mile on E85.....in a VW...... - Page 9 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Community Topics > Off Topic Talk

Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #81
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Re: 8 second 1/4 mile on E85.....in a VW......

Yes, it was a test and tune night. Some badass cars there, but the brackets was like bad sex. You were just sitting there watching the car go down waiting for it to be over lol. Everyone who wasn't bracket racing f'n hating it.

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #82
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
Yes, it was a test and tune night. Some badass cars there, but the brackets was like bad sex. You were just sitting there watching the car go down waiting for it to be over lol. Everyone who wasn't bracket racing f'n hating it.
Go on a normal race day and watch the fast brackets, its a WHOLE different ballgame. Like I said, watching 8 second bracket cars leave never gets boring.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #83
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Oh, i can watch 8 sec cars go down the strip themselves and it's fun to watch Even and 9 and 10 sec cars as there is often grip issues, shifting, etc or they get a perfect run. It's fun though, no matter what. Watching 2 cars bracket race at the 16-18 sec area just is hard to call "racing". It is and I'm sure some love it, just not my thing. There were a few in the 12-13 range and that wasn't too bad, but much more of the slow cars or shitbox cars that broke. Just kinda sucked for everyone at the track but those involved.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #84
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Oh, i can watch 8 sec cars go down the strip themselves and it's fun to watch Even and 9 and 10 sec cars as there is often grip issues, shifting, etc or they get a perfect run. It's fun though, no matter what. Watching 2 cars bracket race at the 16-18 sec area just is hard to call "racing". It is and I'm sure some love it, just not my thing. There were a few in the 12-13 range and that wasn't too bad, but much more of the slow cars or shitbox cars that broke. Just kinda sucked for everyone at the track but those involved.
We agree then. I hate watching minivans win on street nights....
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #85
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

Oh i saw those race as well as pickups, etc. One car, no shit, crossed at 83mph. We were all laughing as the local toll road mph is 85 (by circuit of the americas) and he went to the drag strip to not even go past the speed limit LOL. I hope those guys had fun, but not my thing.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #86
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Oh i saw those race as well as pickups, etc. One car, no shit, crossed at 83mph. We were all laughing as the local toll road mph is 85 (by circuit of the americas) and he went to the drag strip to not even go past the speed limit LOL. I hope those guys had fun, but not my thing.
I have seen some pretty fast trucks dude. I personally know a guy with a 10 second lifted Duramax and another guy with a 10 second cummins Ram on 40s with 16 inches of lift or something retarded. And its a manual transmission. The Duramax guy, his brother built a Duramax powered station wagon that runs 10.0 all day long.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #87
gsxcorey
Riding his own ride...

dbrods builds a lot here local and he goes out a lot. This thing beats up on all but the foxbodies I was talking about. His truck is almost done that he was rebuilding the last year too. This trailblazer is f'n FAST though. comes out and beats on all the vette's and makes them look like they are standing still.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #88
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
dbrods builds a lot here local and he goes out a lot. This thing beats up on all but the foxbodies I was talking about. His truck is almost done that he was rebuilding the last year too. This trailblazer is f'n FAST though. comes out and beats on all the vette's and makes them look like they are standing still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaUyTnAnOw
With enough time and money..........
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #89
My94GT
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Dude, I hate the NASA/VW races. Those god damn vws break every fcuking time and the asshole HAS TO run it as far as he possibly can because he thinks it gets him cool points. Then you wait for an hour while they mop up the oil. I hate those things. Same with the guys that put like 50lbs of boost on their SRT4 neon thinking it will hold together. Our TNT days are only TNT though, and usually pretty low on attendance. You can get probably 15 passes if you want, maybe more.
thats pretty cool then, when i used to do TNT i would be lucky to get 3 passes. i stopped going to TNT and only did track rentals. nothing like hot lapping your car

sig by milko
my build thread-
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152740
My94GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement