Question about JenningsGP. - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Track Tech & Riding Techniques

Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
drago010
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 08 R6
Re: Question about JenningsGP.

Sounds good. Looks like I will be signing up for the 15-16th weekend. Hopefully it isn't too cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuengling910 View Post
What's up man? How did the last TD go?
Hey, was at Homestead in Oct. Weather was amazing and had a great time. There ended up being a ton of crashes for some reason that day, but don't think anyone got seriously hurt.
drago010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Bike: 2008 yamaha R6 - 2 bikes

The "winter" months do tend to be a little busier. Why you ask?? It's cold as crap everywhere else in the country.. LOL. But the number of riders totally is just chance. Some private days may limit the # of riders, or they may not. Some open days may have a slight chance of rain. That always scares folks away but you can get an amazing amount of track time if you just get your butt there.
Crashes are also just hit or miss. You could have a small number of people, but a few boneheads cause lots of red flags. I have been there on busy days with ZERO red flags. It just depends on how smart the riders that show up are!
On cold days? try to borrow some tire warmers if you don't have them, or if you don't have them, go faster lap by lap instead of pushing right off pit road.

and for those wondering, they are offering a discount on a Jan 2013 track rental. http://www.jenningsgp.com/forum/view...hp?f=16&t=1307

Greg Melka - CCS roadracing and FTR harescrambles
www.facebook.com/greg.melka.1
My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee

Last edited by MELK-MAN; 12-04-2012 at 01:25 PM.
MELK-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

OP, the difference isn't much other than the control riders. Jennings always runs their own TD's from what I understand. It's always their corner workers, and the woman/women who run the place and the day are the ones who run EVERY track day. They don't take shit from anyone, but are sweet as could be.

I am tearing up knowing I won't be down there this winter again. It was my goal to make it again to honor the loss of a friend last time we were there since it was her favorite track and favorite place to ever be.

I love Jennings. I love everything about it, even how some spots the power outlets don't work, etc. The i crashed at Jennings shirt Wildbill420 got, the memories, the fun, the grip of the track even in 50 degree weather pullin :24's there.

They have a forum you can post on too. The local dudes are super helpful and nice. Only thing that sucks is the hospital is FAR away. It takes forever to get a heli in there if needed, and there's nothing nearby but a rest stop with like 1 chick I'd smaysh (pronounced jersey style) working there and it's attached to a general store that sells alligator foot key chains and shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan j View Post
I always wanted to rent the track.
Get major laps in.
BRO, Roy is offering private dates up this way.. I will seriously put something together and can with my affiliation with them.

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

as CSD stated above, it is in a pretty remote area. Hotels are at that exit, but those are hardly 5star..lol. BUT, they are cheap. Exit 2 just north on i-75, has another hotel.. but we usually stat at exit 5. More hotels, including a nice hampton inn, and a few places to eat. Exit 18 up the road in Valdosta, has lots of chain places to eat (texas roadhouse, hooters, outback, etc.). My fav place is Austins steakhouse.. i think it's exit 16.

Avoid any need for the hospital.. then it's of no concern how far it is If there is a bad crash, they would use a chopper anyway.

My racin n' ridin youtube vids http://www.youtube.com/user/gregmelka?feature=mhee
Old 12-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Tdub
FastForward Performance

Bike: Honda Z50

I believe STT will be there soon along with the JD Speed Academy.
Tdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
MELK-MAN
"The Dude abides .. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdub View Post
I believe STT will be there soon along with the JD Speed Academy.
http://www.jenningsgp.com/forum/view...hp?f=16&t=1304 Yup, Dec 8th/9th.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
pr1m3
return to target

Did you end up going to jennings on the 15th?
pr1m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
drago010
Lifetime Premium

Bike: 08 R6

Yes, I was there. Was awesome weather and not many people. I lost the second half of Saturday and morning of Sunday due to a problem with my bazzaz unit. Had a great time other than that and was able to drop about 6secs off my previous times consistently.
drago010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELK-MAN View Post
as CSD stated above, it is in a pretty remote area. Hotels are at that exit, but those are hardly 5star..lol. BUT, they are cheap. Exit 2 just north on i-75, has another hotel.. but we usually stat at exit 5. More hotels, including a nice hampton inn, and a few places to eat. Exit 18 up the road in Valdosta, has lots of chain places to eat (texas roadhouse, hooters, outback, etc.). My fav place is Austins steakhouse.. i think it's exit 16.

Avoid any need for the hospital.. then it's of no concern how far it is If there is a bad crash, they would use a chopper anyway.
That takes forever to get there and even longer to the hospital....

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
Fallis
Meh

Bike: 05 R6 Track, 09 R1, Strom

If you want to see remote, we should make a trip out to Chuckwalla when you're out here. Nearest hospital is about 70 miles away.

http://goo.gl/maps/p7fy8

Fallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement