Streetfighter conversion advice needed - Page 2 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums > R6 Related Discussion > Bike Build Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones
Re: Streetfighter conversion advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSmokeDawg View Post
: Nah, I got the Momo one with the nitrous buttons...

J/K, original wheel in the car. If I was any taller it would be all over my legs it's so big. The car is very original looking as far as the restoration. Just the suspension, and some motor work and I am currently running an overdrive trans in it too for streetability.
yeah, I had the original in my mustang until it broke at the base. Then I put in one of those gt350/500 sytle ones. Its a knockoff but it looks great and cost a lot less than the one Branda sells.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
yeah, I had the original in my mustang until it broke at the base. Then I put in one of those gt350/500 sytle ones. Its a knockoff but it looks great and cost a lot less than the one Branda sells.
Nice!! I've always wanted a new wheel for the car honestly, but can't bring myself to do it. At one point I was saving up for a rosewood one cause it would have looked decent in the car (at least I felt then), but now I just keep it clean and running. Plus, if I put a smaller wheel in it, I'd be screwed cause I've got an IROC steering box in it with a different gear ratio so the car makes just about any turn on the road with like 15 degrees of turning the wheel. It makes oversteering pretty easy when shit gets real, so the smaller wheel may actually hinder the drivability at this point, and my lift is in use this winter too, so it's not like I can even work on it easily. :

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
redisdeadrideblue
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: some stupid ones

Quote:
Nice!! I've always wanted a new wheel for the car honestly, but can't bring myself to do it. At one point I was saving up for a rosewood one cause it would have looked decent in the car (at least I felt then), but now I just keep it clean and running. Plus, if I put a smaller wheel in it, I'd be screwed cause I've got an IROC steering box in it with a different gear ratio so the car makes just about any turn on the road with like 15 degrees of turning the wheel. It makes oversteering pretty easy when shit gets real, so the smaller wheel may actually hinder the drivability at this point, and my lift is in use this winter too, so it's not like I can even work on it easily. :
Honestly, I like a 7 inch chain steering wheel for you and 97% of mexico.

I have a manual box, but its not too bad with a smaller wheel. I really want to go to rack and pinion but that TCP shit is loot. Chris Alston is a god damn wallet rapist.
redisdeadrideblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Sean_c9333
My R6 eats me.

Damn, tbh i didnt expect this much feedback as ive just joined but its all been really usefull so thanks alot!

And yh im kinder ashamed to say now that i was planning on getting a similar headlight to that ...
Sean_c9333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
ChiefSmokeDawg
Parts Pimp

Bike: 2002 R6, 2008 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Honestly, I like a 7 inch chain steering wheel for you and 97% of mexico.

I have a manual box, but its not too bad with a smaller wheel. I really want to go to rack and pinion but that TCP shit is loot. Chris Alston is a god damn wallet rapist.
: The one that's slightly square shaped would be SICK!! That and a footprint gas pedal too! I should ditch the cable throttle linkage and billet pedal from Lokar and call it a day!! LMFAO!!!! :

Mine is power brakes and steering! I need another new brake booster tho. Whichever one I got as a replacement just doesn't put out the pressure I need man. And it leaks of course too. Which in turn ruined my Eastwood cadmium kit paint job I put on it and spent like a half day doing!

I LOVE when people do the whole front subframe with the rack and it bolts up to the firewall making it super rigid! That plus my weld in subframe connectors would surely be a game changer and maybe I won't get that crack on the 1/4 panel crease from the body torquing from drag launches too! $k later. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_c9333 View Post
Damn, tbh i didnt expect this much feedback as ive just joined but its all been really usefull so thanks alot!

And yh im kinder ashamed to say now that i was planning on getting a similar headlight to that ...
Thank you for reconsidering. Making a street fighter is ALL about being unique. If you've ever ridden with a crew of "Fightered" out bikes, you'd know. These guys REALLY pride themselves in hammering aluminum strips into right angles and shit to mount a different headlight or brake reservoir, etc. I'm serious man, it's up to you to make a CUSTOM fighter. Not buying shit off the shelf at the local shop, etc.

You should PM WildBill420 as he had a GORGEOUS FZ-6 last year he got rid of and did this whole clean up on the bike and there's one company that sells a lot of stuff like that, and maybe you can utilize some of their parts or ideas or pics, etc.

I really can't stress how important CUSTOM vs simply aftermarket shit is to set your street fighter apart from the rest! Shit, I've got a guy I know who has a late 80's Gixxer 1100 with an 07 R6 tail on it! I got him HID's for his custom projector setup he built. Basically it was two individual halogen projectors he put on with a bracket he made up and painted. It's actually pretty damn clean for a rat bike IMO! Custom welded subframe for the R6 tail since the 06-07 isn't magnesium like the 08 + models are!

My 02 Thread My 08 Thread
RIP BALLISTIK: We miss you Ricky!!!
Ask about:-STAHLBUS- -WOODCRAFT- -MOTUL- -FERODO- -BRAKE TECH- -BMC- -Battery Tender-LEO VINCE- -XT-RACING- -NGK- -SUOMY- -EBC- -Pro-Grip- -Canyon Dancer-
ChiefSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
mmmfishrighton
I eat my R6

Bike: 07 R6, 07 Ktm 450, xr 100

www.customfighters.com is a good site and they have a couple R6 project builds going on.
CCS #112
WERA #112
mmmfishrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #17
07R6s_rider
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R6S
Quote:
Whatever you do OP, PLEASE don't take the easy way out and put one of these pieces of shit on your bike. They look aweful. If you don't think so your taste is questionable. I don't care if it's one of the few DOT approved setups. It's hideous.

I would like to beg Acerbis to stop making headlights
That thing is hideous.

Mods
Level One Racing Carbon Fiber Slip-on, BMC Street Filter, 520 Conversion (-1 +2) Driven Sprockets, EX MVXZ Gold/Black Chain, Driven Sprocket Nuts (Blue), SpeedoDRD, Puig Toe Guard, NEX Black Rearsets, Vortex Rear Brake Switch, Powder Coated Passanger Pegs (Black), Agg Racing Smog Plates, Vortex Spools (Blue), Vortex Oil Cap (Blue), Smoked Windscreen, Windscreen Spikes (Black), Pro Grip R6 Grips, Vortex Bar Ends (Black), DDM Tuning HID kit 6000k, Lockhat Phillips Carbon Fiber Frame Sliders With Blue End Bolts, Yamaha Seat Cowl, ASV F3 Shory Levers (Black With Blue Adjusters), ASV Rotator Clamp (Blue), PowerBronze Carbon Fiber Vented Hugger, PowerBronze Carbon Fiber Front Vented Fender, Evotech Axle Nut (Blue), Evotech Swingarm Nut (Blue), Driven Preload Adjusters (Blue), Drive Fuel Cap (Black/Blue), Ebay Fender Eliminator, MotoDynamic Integrated Tail Light (Clear), Lockheart Phillips Flush Mounts Smoked, Roaring Toyz Billet Mirrors (Black), Yoshimura Yoke Nut (Black), Pro Grip Wheel Tape (Blue), Skur Carbon Fiber Triple Tree and Gauge Cluster Pieces, Skur Carbon Fiber Spine Tank Pad, Euro Key's (Blue)
07R6s_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement