Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why Doesn't The R6 get no love

18K views 305 replies 48 participants last post by  GIJoe007 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I own a 2009 R6 raven. Just curious why our bikes don't seem to get much love in the motorcycle forums. All I hear is:
- poor Ergos
- high seat height
- bike only for track junkies
- no low end power
- twitchy throttle
- hardest of the Japanese 600's to ride
- etc, etc, etc

Actually tired of it. One reason I like the R6 is , in my parts it's not common, as everyone and their brother has a gixxer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#222 ·
wow, 140lbs.... Ive taken shits larger than that. Ive got a solid 75lbs on that kid, without gear.... Someone, quick, get him a sandwich. Maybe we should take up a food stamps and EBT collection so the kid can get a well rounded meal once in a while.

#235 ·
I get frustrated with ignorance quickly. I made an opinionated comment early on that spiralled into this disaster of opinions. There is no debate. I know numerous people who feel the same way I do. Because they aren't in a forum I am wrong? I joined this forum to learn some things and teach some things. What pisses me off is; all I have seen is people beating up on guys who are new to the sport/hobby. It is discouraging to think that people can't just help each other. And being adversarial? I left the track so that I would not get that way. So your point doesn't have logic behind it. Read through what I was trying to say and you'll find that I was just trying to make a point and because people only interpret what they want, it became misunderstood on a high level. The fact that my point was dismissed because of opinions from others does not make it invalid. I am entitled to my opinion. But you all will spin this again. I am not mad. It is simply frustrating that even in a sport/hobby where people used to have respect for each other the respect is dimishing rapidly because of egos. Last thing I am saying about this. Take it for what it is.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#250 ·
For the record, I would like to make note that I'm only a sarcastic smartass to dipshits on this forum.

I have done plenty of transactions (selling and buying). I'm quickly ship my items, I keep clear communication, and I do try to help out the legitimate members on this board. Legitimate members meaning those that can type above a 2nd grade level, do not have a mohawk on their helmet, and who possess an IQ above 15.

And then you got the baby seals that are just begging to be clubbed. I mean, who can resist?

#260 ·
I agree....I'd say I loved my 08 600RR the most on the street....the street triple R 675 was a gorgeous machine but I like to rev and that torquey lill bastard ran out of gear QUICK! I was shredding that thing up and down the golden gate bridge and Knob hill in san fran for 3 months.

The R6 is just a completely different power band obviously...even with my BAUCE tune from Ant which seems to have free'd up a little torque in the mid-range I still have to ride it/spool it differently than the other bikes. I don't mind at all...if I minded that much I'd simply change the gearing.

#286 ·
What do people expect when they pop off, especially at a mod???

I didn't even know what the entire argument was about (and didn't care) but when I started reading disrespect to the forum and others on here that's what got me...

After reading that the argument was about a sportbike belonging on the track only, I laughed...That what had people are up in arms??? I personally don't give two shits what the next man does for his, track or street, but this was a good time waster for sure...

#287 ·
sigh they said i cant ride the r6 on the street....

FS beautiful r6, well maintained bike rides like a dream!!! except on the street you cant ride this shit on the streets unless youre going at like 200 miles per hour at a 45 degree lean angle...but bike is good!! 9k obo since its a track only bike

:nono

#297 ·
Oh look, another person twisting words. Who said you couldn't ride the R6 on the street again?

The R6 is useful for a lot of things on the street...

R6 is good for picking up the wookies at the barracks parking lot. :secret

This post has been deleted
#296 ·
That's a freaky pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.