Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Chief's 08 R6 Thread

211K views 2K replies 141 participants last post by  G2dappa 
#1 · (Edited)
I picked up an 08 R6 off a fellow forum member Be4tnut over the weekend. Thanks to him for a smooth sale, and a great deal on an awesome bike!!! :toocool:

It's an 08 R6 in Liquid Silver with 1180 miles on it. This bike is literally like new. It has barely been ridden. The brake pads haven't even completely bedded into the rotors. There's still machining marks on them!

I'll be sure to keep this thread up to date with all the work I'll be doing to it coming up soon. I'll be starting by pulling the wheels off tonight for the new rubber.

List of mods:

• Full Leo Vince w/Carbon can, and it looks like the titanium header too! WEWT!
  • HID projectors with double halos. Cut off switch for headlights so only halos can be run. Separate Halo switch for the big halo. Someone on here did em. They look nice, and have the shutter that comes down for a clean cutoff line.
  • Bazzaz ZFI and Z-AFM (wideband 02)
  • Michelin Power Pures
  • Full Leo Vince exhaust
  • -1 AFAM front sprocket (525)
  • BMC Race Air Filter
  • Graves block off plates
  • Fender eliminator with manual flip up plate setup
  • Powder coated passenger pegs with led blinkers by TripageLED
  • Pazzo Shorty Levers
  • Driven D3 Grips
  • Puig DB Dark Smoke windscreen
  • Scorpio Sri900 Alarm system
  • Proton Flushies including the relay or resistor needed for slow blink
  • Third Eye Mod by Tripage
  • Battery tender Jr.
  • Front and rear redline stands

Pics
It's pretty awesome having 2 R6's in the garage!!
Right after the test ride, before we put her in the truck:

In the truck waiting for be4tnut to type up a bill of sale for just in case reasons.

Badass halos. Double halos and third light mod FTMFW!

Peep out the shrouds around the halos.

Seller's pics:
Header shot

HID's done so nicely!

Pazzo and driven for that fancy look!

Pretty slick FE

See less See more
#1,504 ·
Last I saw the bike had a new swingarm but still needed some other stuff done before it's ready to rip.

Hopefully some work will get done on the 08 this weekend at the Bauce shop cause i need to start bugging ant about getting back out on track soon.

It's lonely out there without the chief to tear it up with :fact

#1,505 ·
Can't wait to rip it up next season with you guys :fact
I plan to be in 3 by mid season...probably won't be in 4 until the season after that but we'll see...by then you guys will be full on CCS riders :laugh

#1,509 ·
Armor bodies I'd guess

#1,511 ·

#1,517 · (Edited)
Thread REVIVAL!! :nocontrol:

OK, I will be posting current pics of the bike, the demolished parts, and a narrative of what all is going on. I will be back on the track on 4/27-28 with the bike. I have a siiiiick stash of new parts in the corner of the shop that will be going back onto the bike.

I did put a new swingarm on it. It needs a new chain installed. I have a new set of Armour bodies, but I will probably fit them after the track weekend and just run the AMA bodywork for the meanwhile (against my better reasoning, but eff it).

Things that happened over the past year:
-Slipper clutch modded
-GYTR clutch springs installed
-New gas tanks purchased
-Rizoma brake reservoir stashed
-Dion Device (SICK one with CF slider) stashed
-Speedcell 4 cell battery stashed
-Swingarm and rear axle replaced. Swingarm was dented to shit and rear axle was bent

Parts list and work coming up.\:
-Fit AB SS kit.
-Paint WilBill420's SBK kit and my SS Kit (Orange Sherbert Orange/White Pearl w/White/WhitePearl)
-Install Vortex Rearsets cause the Rizomas cost too much to crash on.
-Install Vortex V3 black chain
-Install SBK rear brake kit from AGG
-New frame slider pucks and spools from WC
-New fairing stay from Vortex Racing (OEM cause I'm cheap now) Might keep running the motoholders if I can straighten it a bit.
-Mount and balance new Diablo Supercorsa V1's on the CZ Rims
-Reflash ECU for pump gas since I'm cheap and can't be buyin race fuel
-Graves Velocity stacks to be delivered this week
-Send MOTY battery to have 1 cell replaced
-Laser etched ohlins top mount damper going on with the SBK valving in it. This replacing the older style setup
-Oil change with fresh 300v
-Flush brake system with fresh RBF600
-Adjust clutch arm on clutch cover
-Replace skid pads on WC Stator and Ignition Covers
-Install Dion device
-Install Vortex V3 clutch lever
-Install Vortex V3 gas cap
-Install and mount rebuilt GPX lap timer to new location. TBD
-New decals for Mid fairings and rest of bike
-Suit patch glued to suit LOL
-New CF end cap for my Leo Corsa silencer.. Or install stashed new Corsa system and flip old one.
-Install Vortex Clipons and sell Renthal clip ons
-Order and install Optimal Racing Windscreen (Shit is nearly indestructable)
-Install new 43T 520 Rear sprocket onto CZ Rim and OEM rims
-Hone rotors
-Install fresh CP1 Ferodo pads
-

Bike will look like this again by next week:

Current pic:

#1,572 ·
-New CF end cap for my Leo Corsa silencer.. Or install stashed new Corsa system and flip old one.
If someone hasn't called it already, dibs :fact
Seriously, let me know :laugh
The "exhaust" I have is header to cat....exhaust cut off then some...autozone pipe "welded" on...looks disgusting and I could have welded better with my eyes closed :fact

Thanks Mark!

It is a buncha work man. Its gonna be awesome to be back on the track tho. Being there all weekend and not riding was like getting a lapdance in sweatpants bro! :laugh:

:YEA
:nocontrol :laugh

#1,520 ·
Can't wait to be rippin like old times :fact
:fact

Shit IS getting real!! Finally wrapped up the work on that Super Duke 990 in the shop and can get kickin on this bike again.

Gonna do a V2.xx flash setup on the spare ECU for it this week too. Per gear engine braking, per gear drive by wire and per gear ignition mapping also. It's a TON of work, but I know I can really hammer down a super sick setup for the bike with the added complexity of the flash and options.

Updating the work list above so I have a record and work order for myself to go off of. Will have pics tonight of all the parts. Cutting decals tonight for customers and shit so I should have them weeded by tomorrow. MAN SHIT!!

#1,523 ·
Reposted status and workload since it got pushed back a page

OK, I will be posting current pics of the bike, the demolished parts, and a narrative of what all is going on. I will be back on the track on 4/27-28 with the bike. I have a siiiiick stash of new parts in the corner of the shop that will be going back onto the bike.

I did put a new swingarm on it. It needs a new chain installed. I have a new set of Armour bodies, but I will probably fit them after the track weekend and just run the AMA bodywork for the meanwhile (against my better reasoning, but eff it).

Things that happened over the past year:
-Slipper clutch modded
-GYTR clutch springs installed
-New gas tanks purchased
-Rizoma brake reservoir stashed
-Dion Device (SICK one with CF slider) stashed
-Speedcell 4 cell battery stashed
-Swingarm and rear axle replaced. Swingarm was dented to shit and rear axle was bent

Parts list and work coming up.\:
-Fit AB SS kit.
-Paint WilBill420's SBK kit and my SS Kit (Orange Sherbert Orange/White Pearl w/White/WhitePearl)
-Install Vortex Rearsets cause the Rizomas cost too much to crash on.
-Install Vortex V3 black chain
-Install SBK rear brake kit from AGG
-New frame slider pucks and spools from WC
-New fairing stay from Vortex Racing (OEM cause I'm cheap now) Might keep running the motoholders if I can straighten it a bit.
-Mount and balance new Diablo Supercorsa V1's on the CZ Rims
-Reflash ECU for pump gas since I'm cheap and can't be buyin race fuel
-Graves Velocity stacks to be delivered this week
-Send MOTY battery to have 1 cell replaced
-Laser etched ohlins top mount damper going on with the SBK valving in it. This replacing the older style setup
-Oil change with fresh 300v
-Flush brake system with fresh RBF600
-Adjust clutch arm on clutch cover
-Replace skid pads on WC Stator and Ignition Covers
-Install Dion device
-Install Vortex V3 clutch lever
-Install Vortex V3 gas cap
-Install and mount rebuilt GPX lap timer to new location. TBD
-New decals for Mid fairings and rest of bike
-Suit patch glued to suit LOL
-Install Vortex Clipons and sell Renthal clip ons
-Order and install Optimal Racing Windscreen (Shit is nearly indestructable)
-Install new 43T 520 Rear sprocket onto CZ Rim and OEM rims
-Hone rotors
-Install fresh CP1 Ferodo pads
-

Bike will look like this again by next week:

Current pic:

#1,526 ·
Reflash ECU for pump gas since I'm cheap and can't be buyin race fuel
:laugh

#1,540 ·
That's what the f*#k I'm talking about Ant. I can't wait for all of us to be back out there again at the same time (Billy, Walt, Roger, you and me). Now we're just going to have to figure out how to keep up with Billy, lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
:lmao Tell me about it man! It's gonna be a SICK weekend! And Billy is gonna just use us to practice his passing skills. :lol:

:popcorn: Totally watching this thread!!! Can't wait!!
:popcorn:

:laugh

HE'S ALIVE!!! Good to see you around man.
:cheers

Alex Barrera on chiefs bike! Dude is a beast on a R6.

Wow.. awesome

I've seen a pic of Chief where he looks like that too. He should race too!
Hopefully I can make the second round. Otherwise we are doing a 2 hour 300 lap race as a team in July!! :flex:

What Chief meant to say was "I'm reflashing the ECU for pump gas, because that's the only way anyone will have a VERY small chance to beat me"

:bowroll:

good to see this thread back to the top

Much awesome Chief! :popcorn:
:popcorn:

Yeaaaaah buddie the chief is back. Wish could join you guys out there. Ill have to make a trip back east soon bro.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
:YEA

#1,536 ·
What Chief meant to say was "I'm reflashing the ECU for pump gas, because that's the only way anyone will have a VERY small chance to beat me"

#1,538 ·
Much awesome Chief! :popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.