Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

35W HID kits (a/c digital ballasts) - $54.95 shipped!

82K views 667 replies 106 participants last post by  Agg2001 
#1 · (Edited)
mintsoda/kevin has ever so graciously "dubbed" me to be his replacement HID saleman on the forum, so here i am. :)

ORDER HERE!

HIDS: Light output is by far a lot brighter than the stock halogens.

General Info:
Price: 55$ shipped. Can ship international for extra.
Application: AC ballasts, 35w, no flickering/DOA. Headlights for cars, motorcycles, ATVs.
Colors: 3k yellow, 5k white, 6k white (hint of blue), 8k light blue, 10k dark blue, green, pink (bulbs will not have the "built in" grommet as shown in the bulb picture)

Most vehicles are plug and play. Some vehicles such as the Dodge RAM are anti-HID.

Actual kit except for ballasts. Ballasts will be higher quality AC ballasts.

This is a picture of the actual ac ballasts. Still pretty small.

See less See more
#6 ·
thanks y'all... they're MUCH better quality than the ddm's i've had in the past. in fact, i took the ddm's out of the wife's trailblazer and put these in. not ONCE have they flickered, failed to stay lit, failed to fire, ANYTHING. perfect every single time - and the 5000k's in this brand is MUCH whiter than the 5000k of the ddm (which was kinda ricer imo).

#9 ·
So random question but I got a couple HID guys here so maybe you can help. I have never experienced it (then again I never listen to the radio) but I was told if you don't mount the ballast to some sort of ground by using the bracket you can get interference with your radio signal. Any truth to that? I always just double sided sticky tape and zip tied mine out of the way

#395 ·
I know I'm late to the party, and I don't know if these got answered in the last 10 pages.. so I'll throw in my .02

Radio interference IS an issue on some Trailblazers, Bravadas and Silverados... its because GM uses Ground as the switched power and 12v + as the constant, only they vary the voltage for DRL... the HID relays internal clock is near 100Mhz (which is smack dab in the middle of FM radio) So far, the only way I've fixed it is by building a relay-pack (3 independant relays) to change the factory GM wiring to a positive switched system with a constant ground.

the 35w WILL NOT melt the factory harness. :fact

the 55w? i won't confirm that. as the start up amperage is MUCH higher than stock. but the running watts is 55w or less... so startup MIGHT burn up the stock harness. or run a relay. :secret ;)
55w won't melt it either. Running them on my '02 and in the Audi. Startup doesn't last long enough and only draws about 1A more than stock Halogens do nominally.

My radio reception is noticeably affected, as is my Dad's, in his truck. What do we need to do to fix that?
see above.

#12 ·
Holy shit! The torch has been officially past?

#13 ·
Good stuff Justin. I'm glad that you are taking over and not someone that I haven't dealt with before. :cheers to Ren on a fantastic job he did during his tenure as a vendor here. I'll be getting with you sometime in the next couple of months to get a HID kit for the truck. People already hate me because my truck is so tall that the headlights are in their rear view :laugh

#14 ·
Congrats Justin. I know you were tying to get ahold of the hid business back when we were ranting about ddm.

#15 ·
my initial contact with the distributor was kevin/mintsoda, so i've been at it a while. but outta respect for him, and his foothold on this forum, i didn't sell them on here. now that he's stepped down, and "knighted" me as his replacement, LET'S DO IT! :D

y'all lemme know. same product, same shipping times, same quality. $.05 cheaper. :laugh

#18 ·
the 35w WILL NOT melt the factory harness. :fact

the 55w? i won't confirm that. as the start up amperage is MUCH higher than stock. but the running watts is 55w or less... so startup MIGHT burn up the stock harness. or run a relay. :secret ;)

#20 ·
Nice! I just got three sets from Mintsoda. Mad props to him!
Will be following up with you Justing for more sets!

#29 ·
Well let me put it this way-- it doesn't keep me from listening to the radio, and it's not a big enough pain for me to wanna take the HIDs out (absolutely LOVE 'em); but when I install some other sets, I'd like to know if there's something specific I'm supposed to do to keep that from happening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.