6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  stringztoo 
#1 ·
NO MORE GIGANTIC BALLASTS
NO MORE REPLACEMENTS
NO OVERPRICED ANALOG BALLASTS
NO UGLY BOXES WITH NONSENSE SLOGANS ON THEM
NO UNNECESSARY PARTS YOU PAY FOR BUT STILL THROW AWAY

Why Digital?

The days of the old humming, magnetic core & coil-type ballasts have come to an end. The digital (electronic) ballast is the latest in ballast innovation. Digital ballasts are more efficient, quieter, cooler, and softer/easier on the bulb all the while allowing for a much smaller and neater package. Digital ballasts do not have any of the usual transformers or capacitors, instead these ballasts have electronic circuitry doing the same job, only much more efficiently using significantly less current.

They have the capability of self diagnostic and reset, including specific protection circuits to detect various lamp- and ballast-fault conditions allowing to safely shutdown or reset the ballast. when the ballast fires the bulb it sends full power to the cold bulb, Over time, this shortens the bulb life and reduces the output and life span of the bulb, Digital ballasts start by sending a low amount of power to the bulb and steadily increases the power over the next few seconds until the bulb has reached full brightness, This is also known as soft starting, which minimizes the damage to the bulb and increases its life. After one year of use the usable light coming from bulbs that are run on digital ballasts has decreased significantly less where as the same bulb being used in the coil type ballast would have lost over 10% more usable light over the same period of time.

Where can I use this kit?
Anywhere! It works for your fogs, halogen low beams, high beams if you so desire...anywhere a true HID kit works. This is a complete system that allows unmatched flexibility in mounting and installation due to the unique slim wafer ballasts.

So what does the kit include?
2 bulbs, integrated ballast/ignitor, all the connections to make it work and a 2 year guarantee on any defects related to the product excluding normal wear and tear or bulb failure. You save money by not getting an ugly box that has weird writing on it.

FAQ:
Q: What bulb type should I choose?
A: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/default.htm
sylvania

Q: What color is best?
A: It really depends what you're looking for. Please realize that Kelvin Scale (K) does *NOT* denote brightness! The Kelvin scale is used only as a measure of COLOR output! Although "bluer" headlights may appear brighter, higher Kelvin applications actually produce less visible light on the road! It is for this reason that OEM applications use 4300K (Yellow/White) bulbs! You should choose a color that matches your needs aesthetically, but realize that Higher Kelvin = Lower Lumen. It is for this reason that we do not offer any color above 8000K!

35W
!! $100.00 !!

* Digital Ballast
* Integrated Ignitor and Ballast with Flexible Connections
* Wafer Thin Design
* Bullet Proof Reliability
* 2 Year Warranty

DELIVERY & PAYMENT INFORMATION
First come first served.

If you order today, we ship if we have stock but more stock is arriving in 10 days and if we are out, we ship when new stock arrives and you are informed of the back order.

All orders will ship via flat rate service. Usually 2-3 days.
If you are in CA, we are in CA, click on the CA Tax Paypal Link
If you are interested in insurance, please click on the Insured HID Link
If you want additional parts like mounting hardware, brackets, etc., please contact us - they are not necessary as these are true Slim Digital Kits.
If you are international, anywhere, please add $15 for shipping.

Slim Kit Special 35W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO*

Slim Kit Special 35W Digital - Domestic 50 States + USVI + PR + *some APO* WITH INSURANCE

Stay tuned for the 50W program as well.

#2 · (Edited)
Is this for 2 or 1 HID's. I'm assuming one. But just had to ask. Also need to talk to you guys...

So what does the kit include?
2 bulbs, integrated ballast/ignitor, all the connections to make it work and a 2 year guarantee on any defects related to the product excluding normal wear and tear or bulb failure. You save money by not getting an ugly box that has weird writing on it.
So I'm assuming high and low.

EDIT* Answered my own question. But still would like to talk to you guys.

#3 ·
hey I am a scionlife member too, i thought this post looked familiar!

its 100 for a SET, which is two

#5 ·
right, hi/lo
you got it.

Is this for 2 or 1 HID's. I'm assuming one. But just had to ask. Also need to talk to you guys...
So I'm assuming high and low.

EDIT* Answered my own question. But still would like to talk to you guys.
Right

Its about time someone shows the extra box on the mini ballasts. It sometimes becomes a pain in the ass to work around.
they are ignitors

#4 ·
Its about time someone shows the extra box on the mini ballasts. It sometimes becomes a pain in the ass to work around.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Since Lite-Eyes has pretty much destroyed all their integrity by dragging paying members along for over a month, so I turn to the next vendor of the forum... you guys.

few questions... My lo's currently look like this:

my hi's like this:

and I would like my pattern to eventually look something like this:

Is there a way to have one HID light (while in low beam mode) in each projector on each side, and then have one halogen high beam in each projector when the hi's are turned on. Like a normal car has. I just think it's weird putting your low beams in the left housing and your hi's in the right housing... especially when most riders ride with hi's on all the time anyways.

#10 ·
Since Lite-Eyes has pretty much destroyed all their integrity by dragging paying members along for over a month, so I turn to the next vendor of the forum... you guys.

Thank you.

and I would like my pattern to eventually look something like this:

Is there a way to have one HID light (while in low beam mode) in each projector on each side, and then have one halogen high beam in each projector when the hi's are turned on. Like a normal car has. I just think it's weird putting your low beams in the left housing and your hi's in the right housing... especially when most riders ride with hi's on all the time anyways.
That pattern is a specific projector. However, you are comparing different distances of light. Someone retrofitted a different projector (likely) into your headlight housing to get that "desired" look.

You have 2 lights, a low and a high.
The low is great for HIDs, the high usually takes a little longer to warm up.
You'll want that kind of pattern on the lows, but the regular non-cut off pattern for the highs is that correct?

#12 ·
AH! I get what you're saying.
So you have a total of 4 projectors inside your existing housings.
2 of them for the low beam
2 of them for the high.

The low beams need a cut off, so you should do HID for them.
The highs, not terribly important as they are largely for flash to pass/

Do I have this correct?

#13 ·
Yeah, our r6's (well, my 2003 R6) looks like this:

That is the left side housing, and it houses the 2 low beam lights. the right side houses the hi beams. I want one projector on each side to have 1 lo and 1 hi. The low I want HID, the hi's I don't care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.