Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Tire Air Pressure

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Big_Perm 
#1 ·
I can't remember the Yamaha recommended settings for tire air pressure off hand, but I remember when I checked my tires' air pressure yesterday before I went riding, each tire was 1 PSI below the recommended. I was just doing normal street riding.

Is this 1 PSI below recommended settings alright to ride on or should I have just filled the tires up to recommended settings?

And does tire air pressure increase after you've ridden around for a while? Say half a PSI or 1 PSI?

#2 ·
Is the yamaha recommended pressures the same as the tire manufacturers recommended pressures?
I change my pressures depending on what type of riding I am going to do.
1 PSI wont really make that much of a difference.

And yes, after your tires warm up the air warms up inside and can raise the pressure depending on the temp.
which is why you should check your tires cold to get more consistant readings.

#3 ·
I run 36 front and rear, and always will. The recommended for my bike is 42!! That is WAY too hard, and it makes my tires slide around because of the small contact patch. You should adjust the pressure to the type of riding you do. More for easy riding, less for more aggressive riding. If you go too low, your tires will fold in a turn, and you can break the bead, resulting in a bad day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.