Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Feedback needed: Projectors from ebay

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  avishal26 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about putting on projectors for my 01 R6 but I'm not a hands-on guy like the others where they take it apart and retrofit. However, i found a complete set on ebay and wanted to ask the bretheren if they have any information feedback on this item/seller. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

See this link --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YZF-R6-98-01-02-HID-PROJECTOR-CCFL-HEADLIGHT-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca9aabbb3QQitemZ260544576435QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

#2 · (Edited)
Hey, I am posting cause i wanna subscribe. Sportbikelites.com is a pretty popular vendor, and the kits say the are a bolt in kit, no special modifications. Super slim ballasts too, 8000k bulbs.. Seems like just what I want.

Direct link to vendors site

I found this info on a completely old different forum regarding the kit:

yea, read the thread h82loze just linked... im in there too. when they say bolt in, they mean you dont have to make a bracket to fit it.. you take apart the headlight, and it "bolts in" to the light socket. from the inside. its not hard to do, but its a little bit of work... you do need to use a heatgun, take it apart, but thats easy. the electrical side, like everything else aftermarket, is as easy or as hard as you want to make it. you can keep it simple and just connect the wires like they say.... or you can do like i did, and cut everything to a proper length, use diffrent wires, add a delay, and end up with a stand alone OEM appearing headlight assembly that plugs right into the stock headlight socket.... its all in how much effort you want to put into it.

Seems like that's about 3/4's of the work most people do to get the infiniti ones in, but this does seem easier cause once you open the light up there is nothing too hard aafter that.. I'm really interested in these, seems like it'd be easy to do. Hope someone has some input for us.. How slim are the ballasts, etc??

#3 ·
well misterjj... looks like the companies finally caught on to the mod :( hopefully they dont start this on the 2ng gen bikes. I think doing the mod yourself with no kit adds character to your bike and yourself... it sets your bike apart from everyone else due to the fact that you add your own spin to the mod...

#6 ·
I have already bought those headlights.. It is supposed to be simple bolt on, which means you unplug and take off your old headlight and bolt on this new set. Thats my understanding anyway... I should have it in a week or so.

I'll keep everyone posted... and I agree with guitarguy that the reflector buckets should not be left in.. it doesn't look as nice.

#8 ·
These are the projectors I got in my bike... :sing

MisterJJ you never messaged me back about what we talked about in the PM's.

#13 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys... I called the vendor the other to get the real deal on this "direct bolt on" things they have posted. Basically, it is a "direct bolt on kit" in terms of the fitment of the projector to the headlight housing. Meaning, you do not have to drill holes, etc. But the "gotcha" is....

.... You have to still use a heatgun to take apart the headlight cover(lens) from the housing, install the projectors, and then rebake the lens onto the housing... Man... is that what they call a "direct bolt on" ? I was leaning towards this from the get go since I thought it was a direct housing replacement. If i still have to do it, i guess I'll pass for now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.